ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Worried about Harbaugh

vmax

I don't think he's a liar so I'm questioning if he's oblivious to what his team was doing on the field last night.

On Tyrod Taylor...

His poise was big,” coach John Harbaugh said. “He really managed the offense really well. I think he’s a pinpoint passer. He probably learned more from this game than any other game he’s had in his career. He’s smart enough to take advantage of that.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/

On the O line...

“I think we did OK out there,” Harbaugh said. “The pass protection was pretty good. … A couple of the false starts were a problem, and that’s got to be corrected. I thought they did pretty well for themselves for their first time out there.”

Maybe he was in a blackout during the game.

I don't think his remarks about Taylor are off base - He did well for a 6th round pick with no OTA's and a short training camp. That said, I don't think the Ravens have any delusions about Taylor being ready to come in and keep the team afloat if Flacco goes down. If we need to play Taylor during this season for an extended period of time, we are doomed. Then again which current FA QB provides a better option?

His O-Line quote on the other hand...Coachspeak or not I wonder if he was able to get that line out with a straight face.

In Taylors defense, he was running for his life. When the line gives you about a second to throw it's a little hard to look good.

I still think he's better than the vet options out there. The scrap heap vets would have done worse than Taylor under that pressure.

Holding those 2 thoughts...the Ravens are screwed if Joe goes down.

Maybe they could go Jumbo and run the ball 50 times a game.

They need some Mighty Men on the O line.

Now...after watching the Skins steamroll the Steelers last night I'm feeling a lot better about opening day.

I do detect extreme BS in Harbaugh's remarks about the O-line. Does he think we're blind or stupid? I'll give him a pass this time but not if it happens again.

As far as Taylor is concerned, we need a vet backup. Whats available is pretty bad but the thought of going with Taylor is worse.

As far as Taylor is concerned, we need a vet backup. Whats available is pretty bad but the thought of going with Taylor is worse.

I disagree. All the remaining QB's are beyond horrible. Our season is toast whether it's Taylor or one of those guys behind center so you might as well not waste the roster spot. We'll see who gets cut in the coming weeks, but if the market does not improve then our strategy if Flacco goes down should be to beg Bulger to come out of retirement.

I disagree. All the remaining QB's are beyond horrible. Our season is toast whether it's Taylor or one of those guys behind center so you might as well not waste the roster spot. We'll see who gets cut in the coming weeks, but if the market does not improve then our strategy if Flacco goes down should be to beg Bulger to come out of retirement.

Hadn't thought about it like that but I completely agree. Only thing you might want to think about is what if Flacco just goes down for a few weeks midseason? We might want a vet that could pull out an extra victory or two just so we could make it to the postseason. I like your point though.

Coach probably saw the game tape...

Harbaugh acknowledged that the pass protection needs to be upgraded.

"It sure can, it will, it has to," he said. "If you look around the league, you're going to see those kinds of issues all through training camp early on and even as we get into the season. So, you know we've just got to get better at what we're doing.

"I think some of the one-on-one stuff, we can correct that stuff really quickly. Some of those ‘twos' are young guys, and that's developmental stuff right there. We've got to go to work, and we're still looking to add players, too, so that's a big part of it. It all goes hand in hand."

Taylor has very limited value to us this year and certainly not as our "backup".

I do wonder, as a little changeup (couple times/game), Harbaugh would entertain having Tyrod running the wildcat ? It would give Joe a breather, add another dimension, and give the opposing D another formation to deal with ? The guy is fast and quick and will eventually get the passing accuracy down or at least better :unsure: . Just sayin .