ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Another UGLY game that…

varaven45

On 12/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, vmax said:

He has no access to the castle and players. He doesn't know any more about it than you and I.

That said ... this very well may have happened.

Are you sure he has no access to players?  

BTW very interesting look at Saunders.  Again Turdbaugh's buddy's get jobs even if they are inept.

30 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Are you sure he has no access to players?  

BTW very interesting look at Saunders.  Again Turdbaugh's buddy's get jobs even if they are inept.

Yes. All his news is old. He rehash's stuff and puts a spin on it and generally bores you to death. He may have access to the press at the Castle. I get Hensley's and Zrebiec's stuff just as fast as he does. 

Well, a few of us wanted to see Huntley with the first team, see how he would do with a strong defense, running... I think we have our answer, sure they won more games than lost, against the poor of the NFL. But he has hardly looked good, certainly not a starter, right?

Weak arm, doesn't ir can't make the throws accurately down field from the pocket, gets lost in the redzone. Almost 200 yards per game on the ground, the defense holding the dregs to less than 20 pts per, and he still can't manage to take advantage.

At least one more game likely as the starter, in Pittsburgh. Can he improve?

On 12/22/2022 at 7:31 PM, papasmurfbell said:

Apple Pre-Owned iPhone 7 4G LTE 32GB (Unlocked) Black 7 32GB BLACK-RB -  Best Buy

There are these things ppl carry with them.  One feature is you can call from one to another.  With this wonderous ability a player that has a relationship with Bobby can call him with information.  All this can be done without anyone at the castle knowing.

Why? He's a nobody.

On 12/18/2022 at 5:42 PM, tsylvester said:

Oh please no, he will get eaten up in the NFL with his size. There are far better options, I am sick and tired of Bama players on this team who usually end up busts

I saw some of the first half against Kstate.  What he did was pretty amazing.  His pocket awareness and touch is so high end.

I know what history says about Ohio State qbs, but Cj Stroud might finally be the one. He moves well in the pocket, has great feel for the rush. Makes all of the throws with a great, accurate arm. Quick feet, reads defenses, runs well, very Mobil but not blazing.

True, he has some very good weapons, but he also had a poor offensive line. Last night proved he might be the one against a great defense.

13 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Yes, but he doesn't have great foot speed, nor arm strength, he will get eaten up in the NFL

He is a QB so he doesnt have to run.  Brady, Brees, Marino are just a handful who dont run around but move the ball very well.  He has a good enough arm.  That strike on the left sideline a little before halftime was a long throw.  It was also perfectly placed for the catch.

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

I know what history says about Ohio State qbs, but Cj Stroud might finally be the one. He moves well in the pocket, has great feel for the rush. Makes all of the throws with a great, accurate arm. Quick feet, reads defenses, runs well, very Mobil but not blazing.

True, he has some very good weapons, but he also had a poor offensive line. Last night proved he might be the one against a great defense.

I do like Stroud.  He is special too.

37 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

He is a QB so he doesnt have to run.  Brady, Brees, Marino are just a handful who dont run around but move the ball very well.  He has a good enough arm.  That strike on the left sideline a little before halftime was a long throw.  It was also perfectly placed for the catch.

I do like Stroud.  He is special too.

I like Stroud and the QB from TCU too

Yes, that pass was a thing of beauty, but I just wonder about his stature, he is a very cerebral qb.

The issue I have is the Ravens philosophy on the offensive line. Pay a left tackle, plug and play everywhere else. It leads to a line that does not pass block like a Brees, Brady etc need, Ala Flacco.

With this philosophy, they need a qb who can run, who has good foot speed, as well as smarts.

If your going to give up on Lamar, or he on them, you have to have an Aaron Roger's type, in his youth.

As VA said, Duggan is that type, I am not convinced he will be a great NFL qb, his accuracy can be erratic, that is why he was benched to start the season. All power to him for fighting through it and doing what he is now, but...

5 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I watched part of that TCU game yesterday.  He threw some poor passes.  They were just not smart throws.  

As for our philosophy.  It has to change.  Time to clean house.

I watch a ton of college ball, more so than NFL now. You can see many great college quarterbacks who make incredible throws, but when they get into the NFL, the speed of the defense, the way receivers run their routes, the offensive lines that are not as good, the speed of the rushers, even the size of the ball. What ever it is, they just cannot make those types of throes any longer.

Mac Jones is a good, recent example. Terrible line, average wide outs who struggle to get open, his accuracy has dropped 10 fold. We could go down the list of qbs like him who are now struggling at this level.

Some do take 5+ years to come around, a few turn out. Yes some of it is the system, some coaching.

Geno Smith is another good example, only now is he starting to get it. Maybe it is a one year wonder, maybe more.

But this year, back to the thread topic, we have more teams with below 500 records, still eligible for the playoffs. We might have 3 teams below 500 make the playoffs, that is bad football.

• Like 1

Wow, really bad football, up by 9, just over 2 mins left, 4th and 5, they roll Jones out, he gets sacked for a loss of 9, instead of trying the field goal. I'm surprised Billy boy did that...

I think a lot has gone into the decline of football in the NFL the past few years, a lot of it is practice restrictions, some is as you say the old boy network and bad coaching.

Some on bad scouting, bad drafting.

I think we might be on the verge of the NFL becoming like college ball, rather than the two being separate. College is so much better right now than pro, but the rules in the NFL are another cause of the terrible game play. They keep changing them, and not for the good

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

The bad scouting and drafting is from the old boys network.  I will bring up losers who are my friends instead of the talented.

True, just look right in our backyard, how many Bama busts has Ozzie drafted just because they were from Bama? A lot

6 hours ago, dapetes said:

Just need a new front office and coaching staff. Top to bottom. Ozzie was washed up and outdated and so goes Decosta. It’s time to put down the purple kool aid. 

Welcome back! I think it still might be too early to Judge Eric, but yes, he has gambled on a few draft picks and so far, he has crapped out. Still scratching my head over the Kohlar pick, the Owe, and of course Ojaba.

He can make up for them by locking up Smith, but if Smith walks, that will be a terrible mark on Eric

• Like 1