ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Another UGLY game that…

varaven45

16 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Interesting, the media has not mentioned it, nor the team, yet. I wonder if they sweep this under the rug, let it die sow

Did it happen?

I watched the Jags too and thought there's an ascending team that is fun to watch. The Ravens?

You have to remember the Jags have been bad to horrible for a long time. From 2013 to now they have only won %28.5 of their games. They finally are getting it right. Which getting a franchise QB with the 1st pick in the draft will do for you. Suddenly you look smart. Unless you're Cleveland.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Get someone who has shown they can make all of the throws. It is not often a quarterback comes to the NFL, then learns how to make those throws consistently, Josh Allen's are rare. You either are accurate or you never will be, you either have the brain to read defenses, or you don't.

Bingo.  And that gets right back to what I said about Lamar pre and post draft.

28 minutes ago, vmax said:

Did it happen?

I watched the Jags too and thought there's an ascending team that is fun to watch. The Ravens?

You have to remember the Jags have been bad to horrible for a long time. From 2013 to now they have only won %28.5 of their games. They finally are getting it right. Which getting a franchise QB with the 1st pick in the draft will do for you. Suddenly you look smart. Unless you're Cleveland.

You are forgetting part of it.  They fired a horrible coach who had no idea what he was doing.

3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Bobby Trosset has.

He has no access to the castle and players. He doesn't know any more about it than you and I.

That said ... this very well may have happened.

3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

You are forgetting part of it.  They fired a horrible coach who had no idea what he was doing.

He was there for a year. What about the 587 years before?

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Who?

He worked for WBAL/98 Rock.  Now he is going independent.

2 hours ago, vmax said:

He has no access to the castle and players. He doesn't know any more about it than you and I.

That said ... this very well may have happened.

How so you know he has no access.  He still works with Kieth.

2 hours ago, vmax said:

He was there for a year. What about the 587 years before?

I am talking about making 1 change that has transformed basically the same roster in a yr.

Ah, never heard of him, but then I don't listen to talk radio any more, no do I view the pod casts. I only found the YouTube by searching for the story about the note.

Still trying to figure out how a fan could have gotten in there long enough to litter those notes. Seems fishy to me, maybe Lamar, who didn't travel with the team, left those notes 😄

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Ah, never heard of him, but then I don't listen to talk radio any more, no do I view the pod casts. I only found the YouTube by searching for the story about the note.

Still trying to figure out how a fan could have gotten in there long enough to litter those notes. Seems fishy to me, maybe Lamar, who didn't travel with the team, left those notes 😄

https://www.youtube.com/@BobbyTrosset21/videos

Welcome to the bar

Harbs, in case you missed it

"We're not getting into all that. I mean, you guys can talk about all that and I respect that. I love the fans talking about everything they can talk about. We're together man. We're a team. We're spending all of our time getting ready for the Atlanta Falcons with every ounce of energy and fiber we got with a bunch of very, very good people at what they do, who understand everything about our team better than anybody else possibly could. You know the end of the bar talk conversation is for the people sitting at the end of the bar."

And, they did talk to Bowser

Ravens HC John Harbaugh says he’s talked to Tyus Bowser about this instastory video. Tyus has also talked to OC Greg Roman about it. “I could go on a social media rant. I don’t care about any of that. I’m not foolish enough to live in that world.”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10059210-john-harbaugh-shows-support-for-greg-roman-as-fans-call-for-ravens-oc-to-be-fired.amp.html

You can't fire any coaches right now. There's nobody "in house" who can make a difference. 

Tee Martin and Keith Williams have not coached the receivers well enough. Roman, Martin and Williams have not developed productive receiving routes that fit their personnel. Kerry Dixon and James Urban have not helped Lamar develop to the next level. They work for Roman. It's his responsibility to see these players are getting proper coaching, development and production game day.

Yes. You can bet Harbaugh is not happy with Roman and the passing attack. He's not stupid.  He can't say that publicly. He has nobody "in house" to replace Roman and It's too late in the year to bring a new OC in from outside.

Don't look now but the Ravens defense is #5 in points surrendered. With a rookie DC. Wink's unit is 26th in yards surrendered and 14th in points surrendered. So let's give Harbaugh some credit for letting Wink go. You know he'll let Roman go this off season. 

In the R U Kidding me department

They claimed Watkins on waivers today, Duv hurt his foot in practice... wow, really, Watkins is the answer for Duv? I feel bad for Sammy, how I love ya, how I love my dear OLD Sammy... but he is always injured, can't run faster than a tortoise going up an icy hill...smh

42 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Like he let Cam go?

He had somebody competent to replace him "in house". Somebody who knew the playbook. Caldwell had been there almost a year. There is nobody "in house' that can correct this mess, this late in the season, and develop a passing attack that complements the running game ... and ultimately score points. 

The Ravens are 16th in points scored. 21.7 points per game. The #1 offense is averaging 29.6. Bengals at #5 with 26.4

They need to be in the top 5-7 to make a run.... maybe get around that 26 ppg mark.

Take a good hard look at this.........

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 6:18 PM
Ravens WRs on active roster:

-Demarcus Robinson (signed when cut by Raiders in August)
-DeSean Jackson (joined in October) 
-James Proche (6th-round pick in 2020)
-Sammy Watkins (claimed off waivers Tues.)

Ravens WRs in 2022:
Catches: 114 (29th)
Yards: 1,328 (last)
TD: 6 (30th)
[6:24 PM]
We need to give Roman a little slack. (don't kill me please! I've had enough of him too). You need a miracle worker to produce with that talent. QB's need a whole off season of OTA's and training camp to get in sync with their receivers and for the receivers to learn their routes and responsibilities.

That's all true, Max, but I still say Roman has to go. Even when he had talent (e.g., a healthy Andrews and Bateman) Roman's calls stunk. He is, and always has been a good running offense coordinator. He is and always has been a poor passing production coach. Just look at his history in SFO and Buffalo and now us.

Roman would probably be a good college HC in a a Woody Hayes era.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

In the R U Kidding me department

They claimed Watkins on waivers today, Duv hurt his foot in practice... wow, really, Watkins is the answer for Duv? I feel bad for Sammy, how I love ya, how I love my dear OLD Sammy... but he is always injured, can't run faster than a tortoise going up an icy hill...smh

After I vomited I saw the logic behind this in a twisted sort of way. There are no receivers available who could help us with 3 games left to play so they bring in a big-name has-been. Might sell a few more tickets???

15 hours ago, vmax said:

Take a good hard look at this.........

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 6:18 PM
Ravens WRs on active roster:

-Demarcus Robinson (signed when cut by Raiders in August)
-DeSean Jackson (joined in October) 
-James Proche (6th-round pick in 2020)
-Sammy Watkins (claimed off waivers Tues.)

Ravens WRs in 2022:
Catches: 114 (29th)
Yards: 1,328 (last)
TD: 6 (30th)
[6:24 PM]
We need to give Roman a little slack. (don't kill me please! I've had enough of him too). You need a miracle worker to produce with that talent. QB's need a whole off season of OTA's and training camp to get in sync with their receivers and for the receivers to learn their routes and responsibilities.

When a player is wide open, the qb has time, and the pass is: 1)in the dirt 2)behind him 3) is so far above them they have to get a 20 foot extension ladder out to get a few fingers tips on, that is on the qb if the pass is not caught.

Don't get me wrong, there have been many real drops, but not as many as a lot of the don't blame Lamar camp would have people believe.

Are these the best wide outs? No

But do you or these YouTube heroes, know the timing of said routes? Let us start there. A 3 step drop is for timing, a quick, short pass, in the flat, an out, an in, a comeback. A slant, a slot or tightend option route at the level of the linebackers.

A 5 step drop can also be a timing route, a comeback, a square out, (I'm showing my age), or in, a shallow cross, behind the backers, or a back shoulder throw down the sidelines.

A 7 step drop is for deep patterns, both inside and outside the numbers, a ton of route combinations too many to mention.

If a qb takes a 3 step drop when it should be a five step, and has Noone open, whose fault is it for him being sacked, have to wait, running? Certainly not the wide out.

Same for 5 & 7 steps. There is a reason for 3, 5,7 step drops, it gives the receivers time to get to the top of their routes, the qb time to determine post snap if it matches up with what he read presnap.

Some of the problems have not been because of the skill level of the wide outs. It has been because the qb, Lamar, Huntley, have taken an improper drop. It doesn't matter if it was from under center nor in shot gun, the steps, the pat on the ball, matter immensely.

But you won't hear the pundits crying how bad the receivers are telling you about how bad Lamar's steps are on each pass play.

Yes, a lot of the issues are because of Roman and his route combinations, some on the receivers ability to run those routes. Some on the drops, but a large portion is on Lamar, his inaccuracy this year, last year, and his timing on the drops. Yes, you can take the 3, 5, 7, steps too slow or too quickly, as well as taking the wrong number.