ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It's Official: Lamar asked for a trade

GrubberRaven

Another board I lurk at is pretty much "how fast can we trade him". Interspersed here and there with an "Oh no the sky is falling"!

Well I, for one, will say this. Yes, many of the games he played were exciting but all that stopped the last two years after he began to get hurt and didn't play the last four games of both seasons. I was especially disheartened when he didn't show up for the sidelines of the Cincy game. Now anybody can get hurt but this past year it seemed his injury was more an excuse than a reason. The last 4 games watching his 'All-Star' backup weren't very good.

What really gets me is I think he planned this exit over the last two years. His 'friend' Marquise was traded and though Brown hasn't done much, Lamar sulked on the sidelines.

And as is true with running quarterbacks injuries, mount up and take a toll on talent if they can't adapt to become pocket passers.

With all that mess we were then treated to him demanding an exorbitant contract that would have crippled the rest of the team.

Time is ripe for him to go. Preston was right.

I hope that what I heard from Harbaugh's 'everything is beautiful' presser today was merely because he hadn't had time to digest what Lamar's tweet really said. The time for such sentiments with Lamar is over. Harbs needs to be more circumspect when he is asked about Lamar and not be such a fan boy.

Now, as long as I'm dreaming, it would be great if we could work out a deal with the Colts and draft, lets say, Will Levis.

yeah...I'm dreaming.

I just don't know if any team is going to trade for him. He said clearly, that $133 million at signing, $230 or what ever, total over 5 years is not enough for him to take care of his family.

His words, yesterday, he also said that offer from the Ravens is proof that they don't want to meet his value.

Then you have him ambushing his head coach with this trade demand tweet, breaking his word on keeping things private.

I get it, he though he needed to push things along, he wasn't getting any calls, the Ravens were telling him nobody wanted to trade with them.

But from a business standpoint point, is that an employee you want?

You look at what is cost the Rams to get Stafford, the Broncos to get Wilson, the Browns to get he who shall not be named. Should you expect the Ravens to take less than the Seahawks, Texans and Lions got?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

I just don't know if any team is going to trade for him. He said clearly, that $133 million at signing, $230 or what ever, total over 5 years is not enough for him to take care of his family.

I wish I could experience this. I will take one-tenth of that.

• Upvote 1

If Rivera is to be believed

We never did [look into it]," Rivera said. "That's just something that never felt suited to what we wanted to do. I know he's a tremendous talent. I know he's a player that can impact your team. That was just the direction for us as a football team."

Why didn't the Commanders ultimately decide not to add a franchise quarterback of Jackson's talent? 

"You look at the impact of what your roster building is and the assets we'd have to use to get him," Rivera said. "What would the financial impact be? These are the things we'd have to think about. This is why we did what we're doing. We are roster building -- I think -- for the first time.

Lamar is going to be an albatross around our neck as long as he's with the team. We might as well cut him loose for all the nothing we're going to get for him with the tag on him. Hate to say this, really, but we might have to just let him go as a free agent and spend the $32 million elsewhere if nothing develops during or right after the draft.

We're rapidly approaching the lowest point of the Ravens history here.

And, please Harbs...stop blowing sunshine up our ass about how much you/we love Lamar.

11 hours ago, tsylvester said:

His words, yesterday, he also said that offer from the Ravens is proof that they don't want to meet his value.

Then you have him ambushing his head coach with this trade demand tweet, breaking his word on keeping things private.

I get it, he though he needed to push things along, he wasn't getting any calls, the Ravens were telling him nobody wanted to trade with them.

But from a business standpoint point, is that an employee you want?

You look at what is cost the Rams to get Stafford, the Broncos to get Wilson, the Browns to get he who shall not be named. Should you expect the Ravens to take less than the Seahawks, Texans and Lions got?

Lafraud has not kept anything quiet. His ppl went to Stephen A Smith.  I think they have been leaking for a long timw.  We arent gonna get much for Lafraud.  I think its time for EDC to go.

5 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Lamar is going to be an albatross around our neck as long as he's with the team. We might as well cut him loose for all the nothing we're going to get for him with the tag on him. Hate to say this, really, but we might have to just let him go as a free agent and spend the $32 million elsewhere if nothing develops during or right after the draft.

We're rapidly approaching the lowest point of the Ravens history here.

And, please Harbs...stop blowing sunshine up our ass about how much you/we love Lamar.

Lafraud did save the idiots career.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, deeshopper said:

I wish I could experience this. I will take one-tenth of that.

Tom Brady took less money, team friendly deals, arguably the best qb in history could have asked for a fully guaranteed deal worth more than Watson, but did he? Nope, his deals with NE kept them cap healthy and a dynasty

When my wife (mis)read what she saw on the 'net today, she called out to me "Did we trade Lamar to the Colts?", I jumped out of my chair only to find she was looking at a mock draft and didn't know it was a mock. I was all excited for a brief few seconds only to have my hopes dashed.

Close but no cigar!

• Upvote 1

If he doesn't play, nothing is lost for the Ravens. What, should they just trade him for a bag of peanuts?

All that happens is they tag him again and start this all over again.

Don't be the Packers and cave in because no one is currently interested. Yes it would be great to get that first round pick this year, they still  might if the Colts don't get their pick at 4. The draft will have some team moving toward Lamar, even if those picks come next year and into 25.

But this team must get a better back up behind Huntley, Brown is not much better than Huntley, and there is surely someone better than Huntley out there..

Here is a load of malarkey

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/five-reasons-why-lamar-jackson-doesnt-have-his-big-contract-and-five-counterarguments-for-each/

Here are my 5 reasons

1)He is showing his immaturity on social media

2) He is showing his lack of leadership on social media

3) He is not accurate on windy days

4) He misses games because he eats foods that upset his tummy

5) He plays terrible when the temperature gets below 60 degrees

8 hours ago, tsylvester said:

If he doesn't play, nothing is lost for the Ravens. What, should they just trade him for a bag of peanuts?

All that happens is they tag him again and start this all over again.

Don't be the Packers and cave in because no one is currently interested. Yes it would be great to get that first round pick this year, they still  might if the Colts don't get their pick at 4. The draft will have some team moving toward Lamar, even if those picks come next year and into 25.

But this team must get a better back up behind Huntley, Brown is not much better than Huntley, and there is surely someone better than Huntley out there..

Wouldn't they have to allocate $42 million in cap money if we do this again next year?

Definitely agree we need a better qb than Huntley...trouble is the best of the available ones have already been scooped up.

43 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

Wouldn't they have to allocate $42 million in cap money if we do this again next year?

Definitely agree we need a better qb than Huntley...trouble is the best of the available ones have already been scooped up.

Nope, they would just carry over the cap money from this year if he doesn't play. So just roughly what, $12.mil extra next year.

I know that this is a basketball player, but allow me to make this point.

but Rolling Stone reported last year that Curry was nearing a $1 billion lifetime deal with the company

Wowza! Ever wonder why Lamar has not had endorsement deals like this? Or even a quarter of this?

Sure, he is not exactly a top star like Curry is, but papa, we talked on this subject before, with the MVP of football, the exciting way Lamar plays, one would think, especially with Under Armor being a Baltimore based company, that he could land something, no?

Bottom line? Where are the endorsement deals that properly reflect a player of Jackson’s status? He has the Pro Era VR deal and, as of 2020, something with Oakley. A player of his skills and standing should have more. Much more.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/does-lamar-jackson-have-the-endorsement-deals-that-a-player-of-his-status-should/

I posed that Lamar might not want to be under the thumb of those companies and the rules that follow for endorsement deals. But 1 BILLION, yeah, I'll bark like a dog if they want me to for that amount of money.

It isn't just the NFL contracts he might not understand,... it isn't just the Ravens, the other owners who are staying away from him, that post to the fan would have cost him some serious cash from an endorsement deal...