ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Think Ozzie goes after Garrard?

vmax

The Jacksonville Jaguars released veteran quarterback David Garrard on Tuesday, a stunning move that will save the franchise $9 million this season.

Whether it saves coach Jack Del Rio's job remains to be seen. Team owner Wayne Weaver has said Jacksonville needs to make the playoffs for Del Rio to stick around for a 10th season. Del Rio made it clear late last season that he had grown tired of Garrard's inconsistent ways, but the coach remained steadfast through training camp and the preseason that Garrard was his starter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6936966/jacksonville-jaguars-release-david-garrard-days-opener

He's the best of what's out there.

He will probably cost too much and I think Tyrod Taylor has shown enough. Granted he is only a rookie but lets be honest, If Flacco goes down, chances are the season is over...Do you want to over spend on a quarterback that has been mediocre and who knows nothing of the playbook? Who knows...perhaps Garrard still has it in him with a solid team around him....

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Shannohan snatches him up quick.

I guarantee Garrard still wants to be a starter in the NFL.

I have heard numerous times that Bulger will come back as a starter if Flacco went down. I would love Gerrard, but I think the Ravens want to save a roster spot and have Bulger as back pocket. Just need Tyrod to cover that game....and based on any Qb's first outing in which no one game plans, he would be fine playing. We'd be OK from the O-crap factor that game...then bring Bulger in.

He will probably cost too much and I think Tyrod Taylor has shown enough. Granted he is only a rookie but lets be honest, If Flacco goes down, chances are the season is over...Do you want to over spend on a quarterback that has been mediocre and who knows nothing of the playbook? Who knows...perhaps Garrard still has it in him with a solid team around him....

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Shannohan snatches him up quick.

I guarantee Garrard still wants to be a starter in the NFL.

Why do you say that? we've been thru that chapter before, and we were pleasantly suprised with the results.