ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I'll take it...

RavensDomination

It wasn't pretty but it was one in the win column. Joe played well the first quarter then like crap the rest of the game. In his defense though he didn't need to play great with our defense playing like that. Speaking of our defense - wow. Our d-line played great, linebackers played great, even our banged up secondary was solid. They were killing Sanchez so bad he starting ducking while throwing at the end.

Favorite part of the game might have been the Derrick Mason chant from the crowd. Classic. It just feels good to beat those jackwagons like Rex and Bart and Derrick since they love to run their mouths. I am glad we got to shut them up again, a win going into the bye feels great.

We should be used to ugly wins by now and I'll take it too.

3-1 going into the bye...1st place in the AFC North....chance for both Jimmy Smith, Carr, Grubbs and Evans to heal up and maybe put this team back together.

The shocker for me was how well the secondary played...it was awfully thin and they came through.

Jets_Ravens_Football_92022_team.jpg

Friggn'n defense was outstanding. A thing of beauty to watch....if you're a Ravens fan. :gorave:

That was one fun game, look, the offense was air shows last week, this week, the defense was that of old........ good for the soul........ Cam has some work to do on his play calling, the egg Joe laid was largely due to what he was being fed by Cam in the way of play calls and pattern selection. Joe was off no doubt, but the play calling certainly didnt help him

One thought this morning.

The Ravens offense was almost as bad as the Jets. So far this year it's been a great offense game 1...asleep at the wheel week 2, great week 3...stumbling, bumbling week 4.

This hot /cold inconsistent performance is what get's them knocked out of the playoffs the last 3 years. Win one...don't show up.

They have a lot of season ahead of them to fix this and I think they can...but it must get fixed.

Once again we have a great D.

Let's not waste it John and Cam. This is your best shot at rings.

"Please Schmo...not in front of the kids."

Jets_Ravens_Football_92019_team.jpg

Welcome back TS, Im happy as all, it so reminds me of 2000-2001 and as long as we have the same results, it dosent matter what Joe does...The only thing he did that I didnt like was the pick 6..

Even that pick-six was not all his fault. He thought Rice would continue running, instead, Rice sat down between the backers; miscommunication. Joe started short stepping because of the rush, which lead to high throws, but it was clear after the first quarter, he was shaken and should not have passed as often. As I said in the game thread, 27 attempts in the first half when you are up by 20 is insane, especially when your team has yet this season, to establish a true running game.

They are going to need that running game against the Texans to keep that offense off the field. They stand no chance of getting into a shoot out with Shaub and the Ravens secondary.

It would have been nice to see us run the hurry up when we realized we had a mismatch. One of the best ways to keep a Rex defense on it's heals is to run the the hurry up as soon as he substitutes into a defense that has too many big guys on the field. We never do that. Honestly it probably would have only led to 1 or 2 FGs, but at least it would have kept him guessing.

I liked the way we ran the ball in the second half.

Yager,

You are right about the 2nd half running. Its essential but also a double edge sword. If we had started running sooner (to work the clock). Cam & Co would have been criticized for "going in a shell" and being too conservative, too early. Instead, Joe kept throwing and almost gave it away.

I suppose the correct formula is somewhere in between. Bottom line: Joe and Cam need to identify the right play calling for the situation and adjust as they go. Its a dynamic that they are working on but need to get right, soon. I am hopeful they can get it right once the offense is completely healthy and Joe has the system down.

The Houston game will be a sold test !

I remember when we signed him a Dolphins fan said on profootball talk that he was glad to see him go since he was a fumbler. It seems looking at his stats over the last three years he is averaging almost 5 fumbles a year. Not good especially considering he wasn't a featured back during that time period.

Man, they are ripping Flacco already this morning.

Its a win dam it, Ill take it, we went up against the best pass d in the league.

Its a win so I wont harp on it too much, but he and the offense he leads were terrible last night. And he has been bad 2 out of 4 games this season.

50276_2202742230_9590_n.jpg

We should be used to ugly wins by now and I'll take it too.

3-1 going into the bye...1st place in the AFC North....chance for both Jimmy Smith, Carr, Grubbs and Evans to heal up and maybe put this team back together.

The shocker for me was how well the secondary played...it was awfully thin and they came through.

Jets_Ravens_Football_92022_team.jpg

Friggn'n defense was outstanding. A thing of beauty to watch....if you're a Ravens fan. :gorave:

Defense was great. I still think the secondary is shaky but there was so much pressure and threat of pressure on Sanchez he was ineffective. Actually, the same thing happened to Joe after the first quarter but our defense was more relentless than the Jets'.