ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Thoughts

vmax

Some quick game thoughts before I crash and get up at 4:30 for work:

McClain and McClenen got the job done. McClain in particular...he showed up and filled Rays shoes for 60 minutes. Very Impressed. Gore was held to 14 carries for 39 yards for 2.8 ypc. That was the key to the game.

Cory Redding played like his hair was on fire.

What can you say about Webb?! He's damn good. Great game.

9 sacks ...Smith had only been sacked 10 times all season.

APTOPIX_49ers_Ravens_Football_96284_team.jpg

The D was on fire...175 yards...that is damn good.

The Ravens running game wasn't there (92 yards for 2.6ypc) but good things happened because they stuck with it. 35 rushes to 23 passes. It controlled clock, gave the D rest, kept the wolves off of Joe because they had to respect the run...it helped prevet the costly turnover.

What I saw when the offense lined up: Weapons everywhere in Bouldin, Evens, Smith, Pita, Dixon and Rice....that's too much for any defense to account for...so it all comes down to the play of the offensive line. If they keep getting better the sky is the limit. They have to be allowed to run block and then they can pass protect. They need to dish out punishment to slow their opponent down.

49ers_Ravens_Football_96262_team.jpg

I got no complaints. If I was nit-picking I'd say that if the offense was better the game would have been 'over' sooner. But with the way the defense played - who cares? The defense was all over Smith.

The O-line was good protecting Flacco. He was sharp when he needed to be.

Very good win.

If i was nitpicking, I'd hope that after this point someone would learn how to spell the names of our weapons Boldin and Dickson, but I'm not nitpicking. We played Ravens football tonight. Tough D and ground it out on offense without killing ourselves. Kudos for Cam to sticking with the run against the #1 Run D in the NFL.

WHAT???? he almost cost us the game, thank christ the day came to play last night and we only gave up 3 points..Why would Webb field a punt inside the 5 yard line, he knows better..His blunder led us to a short drive & punt which gave them field position which inturn led to a Akers FG.

Other than that, he played lights out.

Suggs is being ordered to take a pee test today, Hes a freekin beast.

No dum dum plays from Joe,

Im giving credit where its due, San Fran is no joke, they play a Ravens style D, speed and pound you!!

colin.... I can't spell...7 years of college just wasn't enough. :gorave:

8-3!

I was worried about the last 5 days. Losses to the Bengals and 49ers would have put the Ravens in a huge hole at 6-5. Even 1 loss would have done serious damage to home field advantage hopes. Instead this team responded with 2 very good efforts.

The 12th man was terrific and the Ravens appear unbeatable at home. If teams have to come through here it'll be season enders for them.

Joe wasn't sacked once. Great effort by the O line. They have been getting better each week. That's another good sign heading into December because it's all about hitting the playoffs in full stride and on a roll.

Thoughts about Ray Lewis's absence? The Ravens just beat 2 very good teams without him.

Thoughts about Ray Lewis's absence? The Ravens just beat 2 very good teams without him.

'

It feels good to know we may just be alright when the big guy retires. The Ravens are definitely a lot faster with McClain and Ayenbedejo (you're going to have to suck this one up if it's mispelled colincac). Harbaugh went out of his way to single out McClellan during the NFL network postgame coverage. He said McClellan has never played ILB in his life before last night. Harbs and Suggs had really cool postgame chats with the NFL Network gameday hosts. If you have a chance to pull it up online do so.

• Upvote 1

Some quick game thoughts before I crash and get up at 4:30 for work:

McClain and McClenen got the job done. McClain in particular...he showed up and filled Rays shoes for 60 minutes. Very Impressed. Gore was held to 14 carries for 39 yards for 2.8 ypc. That was the key to the game.

Cory Redding played like his hair was on fire.

9 sacks ...Smith had only been sacked 10 times all season.

APTOPIX_49ers_Ravens_Football_96284_team.jpg

The D was on fire...175 yards...that is damn good.

The Ravens running game wasn't there (92 yards for 2.6ypc) but good things happened because they stuck with it. 35 rushes to 23 passes. It controlled clock, gave the D rest, kept the wolves off of Joe because they had to respect the run...it helped prevet the costly turnover.

What I saw when the offense lined up: Weapons everywhere in Bouldin, Evens, Smith, Pita, Dixon and Rice....that's too much for any defense to account for...so it all comes down to the play of the offensive line. If they keep getting better the sky is the limit. They have to be allowed to run block and then they can pass protect. They need to dish out punishment to slow their opponent down.

49ers_Ravens_Football_96262_team.jpg

Max,

Helluva game. It took a nearly flawless effort to win this game. Our O did not tun the ball over once and committed to the run :bow: The D was on fire and made Alex Smith run for his life all game. Thats the kind of intensity/energy this team needs to bring every Sunday whether its vs the Steelers, Texans or 49ers OR the Jags, Titans, Seahawks or....next weeks opponent - the Browns. Thats the challenge for this years team. Lets see if they can turn the corner and play with character, chemistry and sense or urgency that was showcased last night.

Meanwhile, last night's perfomance was a thing of beauty and Coach Harbaugh and team should enjoy the moment and this weekend and return to work Monday for Cleveland. Trust me, this will be Cleveland's Super Bowl (just like the Titans, Jags and Seahawks).

:gorave:

The defense was just spectacular. Suggs was a machine and Cory Redding was really on his game. Ngata must be feeling better too. The secondary, especially Webb, had good coverage. But the biggest surprise has been the continuing improvement from week to week of the offensive line. If you give Joe time to throw he'll be efficient. The running game was just effective enough to keep us moving forward. The pass protection was awesome.