ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We Need to Re-Sign Grubbs!

oldno82

Its so important that we get to the SB, I think Ray, Ed & Birk will go out then.

We need to sign Grubbs, Ray Rice & Bazooka Joe, and Leach in the off-season, plus replace Reed if he goes. Hate to say it, but Ray is not missed on the D as much as we thought in the beginning. Hell I would rest him the next two weeks, and make sure he's 100% for our Super Bowl run.

Its so important that we get to the SB, I think Ray, Ed & Birk will go out then.

We need to sign Grubbs, Ray Rice & Bazooka Joe, and Leach in the off-season, plus replace Reed if he goes. Hate to say it, but Ray is not missed on the D as much as we thought in the beginning. Hell I would rest him the next two weeks, and make sure he's 100% for our Super Bowl run.

I think the defense was better without Ray. The LBs are getting to the runner quicker and stopping the runner at a 2-3 yard gain vs a 3-4 yd gain. That's huge in the NFL in terms of 3rd downs. I also think that the pass coverage is better as well. It caused Alex Smith to really check himself before throwing over the middle with pressure in his face. When Ray is in, we have to blitz him alot. That's why I favored moving Ray outside this year. He no longer belongs in the middle. He just doesn't have the range.

I love him, and I'm gonna miss him. I still tell my son stories about Ray chasing WRs down from behind and how he made Eddie George give up. However, with turf toe, Ray's ability to really contribute may be more seriously impacted than anyone is leading on.

As long as he's in the stadium on sundays he's contributing more than anyone.

I watched that soundfx and yeah he is lightyears ahead of patrick willis in terms of leadership and motivation

Couldn't agree more, however his play on the field is not ahead of McClain. He's a leader and motivator, no question. Players follow him and play at a higher level with him around agreed. However I believe that Ray has the same impact on the sidelines as he has on the field. (From a MLB perspective) Ray should be playing outside LB on obvious rushing downs. McClain and co should be manning the middle. They force more 3rd and longs. Just an honest opinion. I hate to see legends fade as much as anyone.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/

FA after season

Jarret Johnson

Matt Birk

Ben Grubbs

Bryant McKinnie

Cory Redding

Brendon Ayanbadejo

Brandon McKinney

Ray Rice

Lardarius Webb

Dannell Ellerbe

Sergio Kindle

Tom Zbikowski

After 2012

Ed Reed

Andre Gurode

Joe Flacco

Paul Kruger

Ricky Williams

Ed Dickson

Dennis Pitta

David Reed

Arthur Jones

Ramon Harewood

Bernard Pollard

You have 23 players that will be FA's over the next 3 yrs. So like I said I do not see Grubbs being signed again. Yanda is 5 yrs for $32 mil. Grubbs would be in the range of 5 for $45 +. You can't dump that much money on the OL. You have to draft and keep the youth coming in. I also would let RR go but I would try to trade him after tagging him first.

The way Webb is playing, that's a tough call. Good corners are tough to get. Pro Bowl corners are even harder and there's alot of articles out there saying that Webb is a Pro Bowl corner. I do see Papa's point about Rice though, running backs are so tough to judge when it comes to giving big money. Too many of them crap out.

The way Webb is playing, that's a tough call. Good corners are tough to get. Pro Bowl corners are even harder and there's alot of articles out there saying that Webb is a Pro Bowl corner. I do see Papa's point about Rice though, running backs are so tough to judge when it comes to giving big money. Too many of them crap out.

You don't let a CB that is that good walk away. That is plain foolish.

If I am making tha call I let JJ walk and have Kruger as his replacement.

Maybe Brandon McKinney can be inked to a favorable deal.

Brendon Ayanbadejo also might sign for a favorable deal.

Ellerbe will be restricted so he will stay but I would look to ink him longer.

They should look to draft a LT and replace McKinnie.

Let Birk walk and Gerode is starter for 2012 but draft his replacement this yr.

I would look to ink Pitta and Dickson now and extend them past next yr on the cheap.

I would trade RR as I have said but I would let Allen and Williams platoon next yr. This season they should draft another RB say in the 4-5 round and maybe a little higher in 2013.

They are going to need to do some safety drafting soon. Both starters are FA's after 2012 and I would not extend either. The only way I bring Reed back is basically ona yr to yr basis. If you give him big moaney there is no telling if he might retire on you right away.

I would really get Art Jones into the DL rotation and more than likely extend him in a couple of yrs.

I would sign Joe to a deal that is about as good as Fitzpatrick.

With hopefully a good return on RR and the comp picks off of Ziby, McKinnie, Redding, JJ, and Grubbs you can really do some restocking for the future.

I don't usually agree with Papa but I think he's got some excellent thoughts on the future of the team. The most controversial part is the Ray Rice decision. I love RR but running backs flame out quickly in this league. If they could trade him for a draft pick it might be worth doing. If they don't keep Rice though I think they have to draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2. We need a LT on the O-line. We also need a center for the future, a FS (if Ed retires), a LB to replace Ray Lewis (hard to imagine the Ravens without him). We'll have a lot of needs and won't be drafting high so this year's coming draft is doubly important---and they're always important to start with.

You cannot look at the moment. You have to look at what you will have yrs into the future. That is why I showed who comes up over the next 2 yrs. Almost half of the team comes due aver the next 2 yrs. After that you have some time for a yr. There is another 20+% coming up 2 yrs after that.

In 2014 these player come up.

Anquan Boldin - good thing they are getting young at WR now and not waiting until the emergency happens.

Michael Oher - What do we have in him. I heard one suggestion on the radio where they said move him to OG. That could be a solution for Grubbs if he doesn't stand up at OT.

Vonta Leach - Draft one in 2 yrs.

Terrence Cody - Drastically overrated in my eyes and I would let him walk at the end of his deal.

FA's after 2015

Terrell Suggs - Who knows what he has left at this point. TBD

Jimmy Smith - I would think he is a stud in his prime.

Torrey Smith - The star of a young WR corps

Jah Reid - If perhaps Oher doesn't workout at RT I do like this guy.

Tandon Doss - The pos rec after Q is done with any luck.

Chykie Brown - Maybe he is helping at CB or he is gone. TBD

Pernell McPhee - Stud in the DL rotation. Infact if he keeps being this good for another yr I would extend his deal then to get him on the cheap.

Tyrod Taylor - Maybe the Ravens can develop a backup QB that can be traded. If so he might already be playing somewhere else by this point.

Anthony Allen - If it goes by my plan he would have alreasy been totally used up and you let him go.

Chris Carr - I doubt he makes it to the end of this deal.

You don't get rid of Rice. He's in his prime. He can go "Priest Holmes" for a few years with the right OC.Just franchise him for $7 mil.

Geez...Allen and Williams as the RB's?...sounds like Terrry Allen and Jason Brookins...no thanks...don't want to go there.

Yea McKinnie might not last long. Birk's on his last knee and Girode? I don't think he can play. He couldn't do squat at the guard position. Quietly Oher is settling in and playing very well next to Yanda.

And sign Grubbs at all costs.

Gerode was playing LG. Maybe he is not suited to playing G.

RR can be tagged. You can use him for another yr. But there is no way you should give him a long term deal. Trade him the next yr but he might get you less at that point. You would have to give a 5 yr deal to get at the few yrs you say he has left. Don't waste the money on that.