ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Nice Impressive Win

varaven45

Nice, gutty performance on the road. Most importantly a W in the conference and division.

From a positive standpoint, the running game was dominant, our D was very dominant (sans the 4th Q, McCoy 4th and 10 garbage TD), and we played with energy and passion for most of the game.

From a negative perspective, our offense (esp red zone) isnt finishing the drives. With a first and goal and a dominant run game, our offense needs to close the deal before the half. Cmon man ! We can all say, "its ok, we got the win, and stop complaining", but we made this game MUCH closer than necessary. Our red zone woes didnt hurt yesterday but it will show up in the coming weeks. We left at least 9 - 21 points on the field yesterday and squandered an opportunity to secure a huge signature win, say 33-10 or better.

Billy Cundiffs FG woes need to be corrected soon. His accuracy is going to become more critical in the next few weeks (at SD and Cincy). He (we) need to have a confident Cundiff down the stretch,

As we go down the stretch, this team cannot let off the gas pedal for one second. Pittsburgh is blazing and going to either win out or lose 1 game max (@ SF). They will go 12-4 or 13-3. This team cant blink an eye and needs to start clicking in all 3 phases, every game. There is no margin for error.

Time to get ready for the stretch run !

:gorave:

I think Cundiff was a one game anomaly. He's never been an inaccurate kicker here in Baltimore. Those conditions yesterday were crap. He probably should call Stover and take some advice on kicking in crap weather, but otherwise, I don't see it as a major problem.

I dunno yager. Cundiff missed two against the Rams; one against the Jags; one against the Steelers; two against the Seahawks; and two yesterday against the Browns. He's perfect on PAT though, but those missed field goals are points left on the field.

Yager,

You are probably right. I suppose we were just spoiled w Stover for so many years. Unfortunately, we are going to encounter similar conditions donw the stretch, be it on the road (Cincy - Jan 1 ) or in the playoffs. Either way, Cundiff needs to get it right......soon, Points will come at a premium as we approach January !

I dunno yager. Cundiff missed two against the Rams; one against the Jags; one against the Steelers; two against the Seahawks; and two yesterday against the Browns. He's perfect on PAT though, but those missed field goals are points left on the field.

Yeah, but all misses before yesterday were from more than 45 yards weren't they? I think they may have all been from 50+ or something close to that. He's been money from 45 and under all year. Honestly, kicking in that weather sucks.

Still, Cundiff needs to be able to convert, especially on the second because he had a chance to adjust. That's what made Stover so awesome, he always made adjustments for wind and field conditions etc. You would think that we would keep Matt around to pass that knowledge down. I'm sure Matt has just a small idea of what it's like to kick in Cleveland lol. I may be reaching, but I think he's had some expreience. haha.

The Browns were never in the game and never a threat.

The score does not tell the story.

That was a practice game for the Ravens. Cam could have called 10 end arounds until 1 finally worked and the Browns would still be trying to cross the 50.

Actually games like this and opponents like this are not good for the Ravens. Not in December. Not while trying to hit the playoffs as a dominant team on a roll.

They are no test.

The Ravens might come out of this game thinking they can run...but yo Mama can run on the Browns. It's misleading.

I learned nothing other than the Ravens can take care of business, which in this case is leaving with a win. That is a good thing.

Max,

I agree to some extent. A 38-3 or similar whitewashing should have happened. Instead, while we may have played with them, you have to keep the pedal to the floor from here on out.

Look at how Green Bay approached yesterday's Giants game, including the last minute. They try to score at all costs, all the time, and they usually do.

Flacco is no Rodgers but he needs to have that same fearless, aggressive approach if he wants to climb the mountain.

This is to me, has been and continues to be the #1 issue this season. They just haven't found anything that is working consistently in the red zone.

which makes no sense because we have two athletic pass catching tight ends, a road grading line, and monster fullback, a slasher and power back, and a clutch strong big receiver in boldin. The options are so plentiful its unbelievable we cant consistently score from 1st and goals.