ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens can't get better this year

vmax

I can't believe I'm saying this.

The 2011 Ravens peeked earlier in the season. Maybe the 49er game.

Now they are treading water.... or getting worse.

Injuries and age are catching up.

Ray Lewis is playing below average for a MLB. He is doing things I've never seen him do before. He's failing to run down players, arm tackling, wiffing, getting beat in coverage and even running to the wrong hole or over reacting. It has to be his toe injury...and age.

Jarrett Johnson is having a hard time shedding blocks and holding down the outside. He's not the same.

Cundiffs leg injury.

Bouldins knee.

Reddings foot.

Yandas hurt again.

Ed Reed has lost a step.

and Joe Flaccos having a down year and is not capeable of carrying this team.

The next man up will be a step down as far as doing damage in the playoffs.

They can beat teams like the Browns but what is comming up next is more than this 2011 team can handle.

It gets worse. On a day where the Ravens only gave up 256 yards they continue to get out coached.

Norv did it last week.

This week the Browns had no coach who is capable of out smarting the Ravens coaches....but they didn't need one!

The Browns have only 1 playmaker on that team. Only 1 guy who can hurt you...and the Ravens kept punting to him until he ran one back for a TD. That gave life to the Browns and got them back in the game.

Of course the Ravrens offense put on the snooze button and only scored a FG in the 2nd half...which is something you can count on every week.

It's caving in.

I think today we saw the last win for the 2011 Ravens.

Max,

We peaked in week 1 vs Steelers, followed by a similar peak performance in week 3 vs Rams. After that, its been pretty decent to medioce ball with several gut wretching wins and embarrasing losses - Jax, Seattle and SD. We have seen a few impressive wins - at Pitt and home against San Fran - but those seemed like light years ago.

Sizing up the year's body of work, I agree we are regressing as a team, have some key injuries (all of a sudden) and there is little or no chemistry or character on this team. Going up against a Cincy team that is desperate and must win to make the playoffs, they will be EXTREMELY motivated, play like its their Super Bowl, and I predict we lay an egg and stumble into the playoffs. I know this team has everything to play for .......again......but we've been in thie position too many times for me to think this team will suddenly wake up and play with a sense of urgency.

We'll end up 11-5, be the 5th seed and probably play at Houston or the AFCW Champ.

Going up against a Cincy team that is desperate and must win to make the playoffs, they will be EXTREMELY motivated, play like its their Super Bowl,

You feel it too huh?

Guest BallTMore

Such joy in this thread. I'm pretty sure varaven predicts we lay an egg every week. :D

Merry Christmas everybody!

I have concerns too, but the fact that the Bengals HAVE to win this game makes me feel they will play it close to the vest. Try not to screw up. Of course we'll do the same, which means it will be a dog fight to the end.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

It's a 4:15 game next Sunday with a chance to sweep the division and get a first round bye that I want so bad.

I want a home playoff game for Christmas... :gorave: ...and 1 Norweigen Sex Goddess please! :cop:

Sorry for this downer of a thread but this team leaves too many openings for opponents to capitalize on.

The injuries hurt. There still is a ton of talant on this team but it's not gelling. Smith was the only WR with a catch...2.

Dickson had the TD but his drops killed drives that would have put this game away.

Special Teams sucked. Rosberg isn't getting it done and Grahmns kick offs are way too short.

The Bengals did the same thing the Ravens did. They folded in the 4th quarter giving up 16 points. They're not a great team either. They leave openings too.

Who exploits that will find the way to win.

I aint worried about Cinncy, the effin stadium was empty yesterday, It will be a Ravens home game with the fans from Baltimore there..

Fans in the stands don't matter as the Cardinals game demonstrated. Plus Cincy has more to play for than the Ravens.

Merry Christmas to Everybody!

Ravens are something of a puzzle aren't they? I wish I could say I understood this team but they seem to defy logical explanation. A couple things I agree with: Reed is not having a good year and Ray Lewis is over the hill. Flacco can't carry the team and Cam has too many shortcomings to continue after this season. The problem is I really don't have any answers.

At this point, I see a defeat in Cincy followed by an early exit from the playoffs. I don't think this team is playing up to its potential and a large part of that you have to lay at the coaching staff's feet.

And, by the way, to Bengal Billy: you guys will also have an early exit from the playoffs and may not even make them next year. The Bungles are not a very good team.

Merry Christmas to Everybody!

Ravens are something of a puzzle aren't they? I wish I could say I understood this team but they seem to defy logical explanation. A couple things I agree with: Reed is not having a good year and Ray Lewis is over the hill. Flacco can't carry the team and Cam has too many shortcomings to continue after this season. The problem is I really don't have any answers.

At this point, I see a defeat in Cincy followed by an early exit from the playoffs. I don't think this team is playing up to its potential and a large part of that you have to lay at the coaching staff's feet.

And, by the way, to Bengal Billy: you guys will also have an early exit from the playoffs and may not even make them next year. The Bungles are not a very good team.

Is that so 82? Let's me start off admitting the Bengals have yet to clinch any playoff position without a win over your Ravens which I see as probable. Bear in mind I read this board every single day. I hear you folks talking about Baltimore's problems. Ray is slow, Joe blows, etc... whatever.

The Bengals are a young team. Andy Dalton and A.J. Green have proved themselves to be NFL worthy. Nobody expected jack shit from Cincinnati, much less being in playoff position. (You have to tip your cap to the AFC North for having three teams in the running. Can't say I can remember any single NFL division putting three teams in the playoffs.)

All I have to say is good luck next Sunday, because you're going to need it.

Fans in the stands don't matter as the Cardinals game demonstrated. Plus Cincy has more to play for than the Ravens.

I wouldnt go that far Billy, the Ravens know that if they have to go on the road they are done, This secures them Home Field, plus it keeps Pittsburgh in New Englands bracket

The Ravens may not need to get better to get to the Super Bowl.

Look at the teams in their way. Everybody is soft in certain areas...not just one team area.

They just need to execute and be disciplined in 5 areas:

Block

Tackle

Throw

Catch

Run

"Occupy Cincinnati!!!"

355_2802.jpg

Edited by vmax

I wouldnt go that far Billy, the Ravens know that if they have to go on the road they are done, This secures them Home Field, plus it keeps Pittsburgh in New Englands bracket

I don't understand your fear of Pittsburgh crav. Baltimore has had their number all year.

If the Ravens have to go back to Pittsburgh, they will not win. They need to win the division so that they (a) force Pittsburgh to have to come to Baltimore if they make it that far, and (b) force the Steelers to keep playing/prevent Roethlisberger from having another week off.

As for the Bengals...they are 2-1 in their last 3 but still haven't beaten a good team all year. I watched the end of the game against Houston, and a good amount of the game in St. Louis and it's obvious to me that.the Bengals aren't playing as well as they were when they came to Baltimore. As a Ravens fan, I am concerned because we have no idea what team we'll get on the road. If I were a Bengals fan I wouldn't be confident either however.

Hopefully Cary is ok...we will need him against Andy "what the hell, i'll just throw it deep and see what happens" Daulton. All hands on deck in the secondary

I've come back around since I started this thread.

The Ravens will come out and play their best and guys like Girode and whoever plays in Williams, Bouldin's and Reeds spot need us to pull for them to have a good game.

They can really use a bye. It's been since week 5 that they've had a break.