ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Losing this way

reddog271

Oh yea. It hurts reddog.

Going to sting for a long time.

Getting to the AFC Championship game is no easy feat. There's no guarantees they'll be back anytime soon.

They have the solid core of players to keep building around so they could be knocking on this door next year.

Kicking it in will be what fuels Harbaugh.

On the other hand.... getting slaughtered and laughed out of that stadium would have been 10 times worse.

This Ravens team didn't make it but they got a ton of playoff experience, a bad taste in their mouth and all the young guys are savy vets now.

And like us...you can bet this hurts them too. They are the ones who sunk everything into it...physically, mentally and emotionally.

the problem with losing is now we have to listen to a whole offseason of uneducated media pundits, steelers fans, flacco haters in general say "flacco cant win the big one". As if Flacco had anythig to do with todays loss. He played his best playoff game ever and just like 3 out of his 4 season, his receivers drop balls in big situations. (clayton, housh, evans). If you showed me Flaccos stat line and Bradys stat line before the game Id say Ravens won by 14. The only thing I can think right now is Wow, what a way to lose such a winnable game. Cundiff may as well put his house on the market because I think I speak for every baltimore ravens fan in the world when I say "Billy Cundiff, you totally blew our entire season"

so how are we 3 points better next year? what is the big need? WR's again? we look pretty set at CB which is strange to say. Maybe OL?

Drafting where they will which is way down the round, they'll have to go for best player available. OT and LB who could start would be nice but might be a tall order. Maybe a K.

I'm really still too shocked to think clearly.

Sick to my stomach. Is it wrong that I was thinking during the entire drive that it was going to come down to Cundiff?

I don't like how the last two seasons have ended with a drop by a one year temporary hack receiver (Housh last year). This is a reflection of Joe not having a go-to guy and of poor decision making by the folks upstairs. I don't trust either of those guys based on the seasons they had to be that clutch guy, and it's a shame that Joe had no choice.

I might rather have gotten blown out. I am not sure. If that would have happened we could at least know we were beaten by a better team. Now for the second year in a row we choked. Not that I am saying we were better than New England. If we cannot catch a easy TD and if we cannot kick a easy FG then we are clearly not better than they were.

I kind of expected to lose so if it happened that way I would have been pissed but not too bad. This way I am mad about two terrible plays in the last 20 seconds that cost us the AFC championship and the chance to keep playing for the championship.

Good Morning!

It hurts worse this morning. Reality is setting in.

I can't stand this "coulda, woulda, shoulda" nshit in my head.

They were up 21-7 on the Steelers and gave that game away. Joe had Boldin drop a TD and TJ on that 4th down drop.

Now these final 11 seconds...that game was won...then lost.

5:19 am and I have a headache.

I'm curshed. Never in a million years did I think Cundiff would miss that FG. I wasn't done swearing at Evans for dropping TD passes. I've been trying to figure out what makes some players choke under pressure and others clutch. We have a history of chokers here now. You think an unnamed player is dropping the ball for Brady? For Bellicheck? This has happened to us 2 years in a row!

I really think we've spoiled out best chance at a SB in the Ed Reed era and that makes me very sad for him.

I agree. Reality is setting in that there is no more Ravens football this season. I hate it.

I can't believe we threw away that game. The confidence in Cundiff has been shaky at times this season especially on long FGs. However, the thought never crossed my mind that he would miss that FG and my thoughts had already turned to whether we could stop Brady in overtime or score a TD to win. Now my confidence in Cundiff has been shattered.

yeah I figured the FG was a foregone conclusion. It was one of the shortest FGs of the season probably. The more i think of it Harbs/cundiff both F'd up big time not using that TO. What did they need it for? I guess Harbs didnt want call the TO, have cundiff hit it, then rekick and miss it. Icing themselves ala jason garret

And to think we have to endure yet another Oriole season with Peter Angelos as the owner before we get to the next Ravens season. Sickening!

Give Dickson a shot in the preaseason, bring back Lee Evans for another try (he was out most of the year), get another kicker because I think Cundiff lost his confidence even before this last miss.

On Cam...I don't hate him but I think we need new blood in the OC position.