ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pagano Interviewing with Colts; Update Hired

ForceEight

Frustrating, it would be nice if the NFL stabilized a bit when it came to coordinators and coaches. The best teams are stable and NOT changing coaches every 2-3 years or so. It takes 5-7 years to develop a team. And why do coaches get fired when there are major injuries? Ahhhh, I know there's more to the answers than what I've presented, it's just frustrating to watch a carousel every offseason. Doesn't anyone want to be part of a all-star staff anymore. Always gotta be "the guy".

Money does talk, but Legacy's broadcast through the ages and propel men to immortality. Call me an idealist, but I'd rather have the legacy.

th_strangelove_sm2.jpg "I too, am an Idealist. I spurn offers from ESPN to stay here and become a Posting Legend."

Crav,

Hopefully, Pagano's just "testing the waters" and just scored a free dinner from Irsay.- although I cant imagine why (I hear Irsay is a real nutjob).

Selfishly, I would hate to see Pagano leave, esp to Indy.

Me too, I can just understand his desire to be a head coach.

Yes head coaching is the pinnacle, but being a coordinator is a great job in it's own right. Dick Lebeau is an example of someone that has created a legacy as a coordinator instead of chasing the HC gig. I'm not giving him grief so much as I'm wishing that we'd obtain a coordinator or two that want to create something special and see it through rather than bolt the minute the Head Coaching gig calls. Alot of guys would be legends as coordinators and just are suited to the HC gig.

Norv Turner is a great example. Everyone has to walk their own path, and I wouldn't stand in someone's way that wanted to do more in their life. I'm saying it would be nice to have someone that understands the benefit of being a part of something great. I have the same argument when players chase the almighty dollar. They often think it's better and think they'll be happier, but ultimately most don't ever live up the expectations and would have been better staying with what they were familiar with.

I'd like a Lebeau type coordinator. Someone who is happy in their own skin, happy with their position and takes pride in being an awesome coordinator. It would be nice to have a consistent defensive culture fostered by a DC that sticks around.

I do however wish him the best.

Lebeau and Turner were both head coaches then went back to coordinating after that did not work out so great. Lebeau is also pretty old so in his case I certainly understand being content with being the coordinator now. Not many teams are looking to hire a 74 year old head coach who did not do well the first time he had the job. Norv has been a head coach in the league a a long time for three different franchises in addition to being a coordinator.

I think its healthy for a coordinator to desire to be a head coach. Honestly with few exceptions, being age related or having been a head coach and not doing well, I feel if a coordinator doesnt have the drive and desire to be a head coach I am not sure how good of a coordinator they can be.

Guest BallTMore

According to Clayton Pags will not be offered the Colts job..

Wrong. Indy loves all things Baltimore.

Sucks that we lose another coordinator after only one year. I liked Chuck's style, but next man up