ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Get ready for massive change

vmax

I've only spent about a half hour trying to figure out the Ravens CAP situation for the upcomming 2012 season so my numbers are not accurate.....but it was enough to put me in a panic! :cop: They should be close enough to paint a picture of the roster turnover that is comming up.

Anyway...this is to get discussion going in the futile hope... :thumbup: ....that if we all put our immense brain power to work, then we can solve this CAP dilemna for Ozzie so he doesn't have to work. :gorave:

Preliminary beginning numbers:

The Ravens have about 36-37 players under contract with CAP counting salaries of $108 mil.

This years CAP will be about $125 mil.

That leaves apx $17 mil to sign apx 16 players. The Ravens have 13 UFA's.

You can't sign Grubbs, put the tag on Rice and give Joe a new contract with that king of money....and you would still need to sign the practice squad players (about $1.5 mil) and the draft picks.

They are broke.

Something has to and will give...and go.

Say good-bye to some of your favorite Ravens. Just like losing McGahee, McClain, Heap and Mason last year.

The Ravens have 13 unrestricted free agents, four restricted and four exclusive-rights free agents to sign with this money if they were to stay the same.

Take a look at the long, long list:

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/26/ravens-free-agent-list/

Well that was sobering!

To be honest, the list didn't scare me that much. We have to keep Grubbs, Rice, and Flacco deserves a new contract now. Just about everybody else on that list can go with the exception of Gurode who should take Birk's place. We might also be able to free up some money by 'encouraging' Reed and Lewis to hang it up. Kruegar can take JJ's spot. I'd keep Zbikowski and let him take Reed's place.

Now I'm not happy about these choices but with a cap tough moves are required.

They don't have that many picks people. Grubbs will more than likely eat up about 4 of that and RR gets just under 8 if tagged. That leaves just over 5 to get the rest of the job done.

There's always UDFA. Remember, we're not talking about starters here...

I said 4 yrs ago that they needed to retool and get younger. They have held on and held on every yr and kicked the can down the road with the cap and space. Sorta like congress and SS. Now the bill is coming due. The hard calls get harder and you think you are so close but you are really falling backwards away from the goal.

I said 4 yrs ago that they needed to retool and get younger. They have held on and held on every yr and kicked the can down the road with the cap and space. Sorta like congress and SS. Now the bill is coming due. The hard calls get harder and you think you are so close but you are really falling backwards away from the goal.

We did retool, we're extremely young, we just didnt get bad. Duoh!!!!!!!!

Ooops.

We did retool, we're extremely young, we just didnt get bad. Duoh!!!!!!!!

Ooops.

Haven't you listened to generic, uninformed pundit commentary about our defense in the last 3 years? We're really old on defense. (translation: Ray Lewis is old, and he's the only guy we know)

This is not much but the ravens should start by getting rid of Ed Dickson. He had stone hands at Oregon and has not improved his pass catching in the NFL. Pita can do the job. Would it help to get Flacco to agree to a 1 year extension? This may be a stupid question I am not very knowlegble when it comes to front office moves.

This is not much but the ravens should start by getting rid of Ed Dickson. He had stone hands at Oregon and has not improved his pass catching in the NFL. Pita can do the job. Would it help to get Flacco to agree to a 1 year extension? This may be a stupid question I am not very knowlegble when it comes to front office moves.

Dickson isn't THAT bad... Pitta is definitely more reliable, but Dickson made several great catches in the last few games, including a big one against Cinci where he took a heck of a shot and held onto the ball... the guy just needs to refine his skills and he has the physical tools to get open at will a la Gronk.

No they didn't retool. They did a little this past yr but they should have gone farther and built picks.

Pitta 2nd yr

Dickson 2nd yr

Webb 3rd yr

Cody 2nd yr

Ellerbe 3rd yr

Flacco 4th yr

Kruger 3rd yr

Mcclain 4th yr

McPhee Rookie

Nakamura 4th yr

Oher 3rd yr

Rice 4th yr

Torrey Rookie

Jimmy rookie

Williams 3rd yr

Williams Rookie

Zbikowski 4th yr

All players that either started or contributed significantly. We did retool you missed the bus and were wrong about us sucking.

Anyone got a pic of donkey for this guy????

Pitta 2nd yr

Dickson 2nd yr

Webb 3rd yr

Cody 2nd yr He has not and will not live up to what he was drafted for.

Ellerbe 3rd yr

Flacco 4th yr

Kruger 3rd yr

Mcclain 4th yr Might be gone.

McPhee Rookie

Nakamura 4th yr He or Zibby are gone.

Oher 3rd yr

Rice 4th yr

Torrey Rookie

Jimmy rookie

Williams 3rd yr

Williams Rookie

Zbikowski 4th yr He of Haruki will be gone.

Carr, Chris - They need and should have moved on.

Foxworth, Domonique - Bad signing and they will move on.

Gurode, Andre - What purpose did he serve. He is not an OG and Birk never should have been signed.

Leach, Vonta - The way they use the run game I don't see his purpose. Should have gone rookie for the spot.

Lewis, Ray - They should have traded him yrs ago. He will never have another SB win in Bmore. He has been wasted.

McKinnie, Bryant - This guy is no longer a difference maker.

Pollard, Bernard - Not good in coverage.

Redding, Cory - OK but you can get his production from the draft.

Reed, Ed - Should have been traded yrs ago. Greatest FS ever but I don't think he has been worth the money.

Williams, Ricky - They should have kept this in house. Waste of money.

Wilson, Kris - Please teh #3 TE neebs to have 8 yrs in.

As soon as you apologize for constantly being a dick.

I will stop being an arragant ass when other stop being arragant asses when I bring a simple point.

Of course some people will be gone moron, the point was the rebuilding occurred already and you missed the train. You're wrong.

Pollard was a great signing, this defense needed a safety to step up and allow Ed Reed to concentrate on coverage.

All of the player's I listed were contributors. You saying they didn't live up is weak. Show me where a team, year after year, has no disappointments in the draft. It seems someone needs to grow up and understand the realities of life in the NFL.

The vert signings provided depth and will most likely not be back in a lot of cases. Williams was a great signing, because a tool like you would have said Oz was an idiot if Rice went down and we "kept everything in house".

That was the weakest defense you've ever had on this board.

Redding: Yes you can, that's why this year, he'll finally be let go

You know what I can't even continue to humor you. It's just not worth it.

In order to get Ray Rice to sign, shouldn't the Ravens get the line taken of ? I would think a running back that could command attention from other teams would want a decent line provided for him. As far as Dickson, I would love to have him represent. I am just afraid you cant brake old habits and he has droped catchable passes all the way through college and has not seemed to improve. Big TE's are the trend now and I just wonder if there are other ones out there that are more consistant than Dickson. Grubbs always seem to be the one lineman you would see get upfield to block for Ray on screens.

I will stop being an arragant ass when other stop being arragant asses when I bring a simple point.

First of all I commend you on admitting it. Most people who act like dicks deny it when called out. However blaming it on other people is kind of weak. They do not force you to be condescending, they do not force you to post frequent 'I told you so' posts, they do not force you to become snippy and upset when people do not agree with your analysis. Simply put you act like a dick, ass in your words, because you simply feel like it, or cannot help it.