• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 thesteelhurtin

thesteelhurtin

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well all our welcome on the link I posted not spamming just if you want to see the other side just go to the steelers room there only like 5 of us left and that's including crave maybe we can turn it into a mutual thing and blow ups like this won't happen again. Also you have a raven mod over there as well

#162 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Just curious why people are afraid of other teams and un-group think? A respectful look at the pitt or Cincy draft hurts nothing.

Then start a thread on it in the proper forum.
A respectfull look is definetly worthwhile. Evaluating the teams in the AFC North is a must IMO.

There is a logical reason to do this. Just look at what happened to our Ravens draft talk thread. It's trashed.

Any complaints please contact the moderator of the Ravens board for swift, compassionate, level handed, fair, sympathetic, and just treatment.

The simple fact is, all this 22-year-old has done since entering the league is charm his teammates, win over his coaches, make spectacular plays, get better by the week and, oh yeah, win football games (now 7-2 in starts, including the playoffs). He has been a beacon in the community, with a natural joy about him and a positive energy you can see in the clips of his interactions with young fans at training camp.

#163 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Um, I know its the draft and he was taken in the 6th round and he is supposed to need some improvement in route running, but the highlight film of Tommy Streeter on the Ravens website was impressive.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Bu3538FdY&feature=player_embedded.

Besides being a speed burner who gets open it looks like he runs a nice Fade route for TDs.

Nice find 52!

He's not going to get that wide open in the NFL. I still think he's a project, but he could work his way into that #3 spot in certain situations...and do damage if they double Torrey or Q.
Hope he has a good camp.

The simple fact is, all this 22-year-old has done since entering the league is charm his teammates, win over his coaches, make spectacular plays, get better by the week and, oh yeah, win football games (now 7-2 in starts, including the playoffs). He has been a beacon in the community, with a natural joy about him and a positive energy you can see in the clips of his interactions with young fans at training camp.

#164 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,890 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Then start a thread on it in the proper forum.
A respectfull look is definetly worthwhile. Evaluating the teams in the AFC North is a must IMO.

There is a logical reason to do this. Just look at what happened to our Ravens draft talk thread. It's trashed.

Any complaints please contact the moderator of the Ravens board for swift, compassionate, level handed, fair, sympathetic, and just treatment.

Maybe titling it as "Ravens Draft Day Thread" might help then. The title made no distinction.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#165 thesteelhurtin

thesteelhurtin

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

I honestly thought it was a general draft day thread kinda like a gameday thread all our welcome to post about the draft

#166 ForceEight

ForceEight

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Guys, it's a message board. It's all going to be okay!

The Steelers suck and I'd grade their draft a D at BEST (offensive linemen? how boring), but this tallywacking is silly, and so very ESPN circa 2001.

In other news, I really do like Streeter. And Upshaw. I'm not sold on KO and a few others make me nervous even given their draft value. But I'm excited nevertheless.

#167 thesteelhurtin

thesteelhurtin

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Its not about being flashy as boring as lineman may be they were needed now the steeers oline in very young and hopefully good

#168 52isUnstoppable

52isUnstoppable

Free Agent

• Pip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

I am loving the underlying sarcasm in every post in the thread shit is hilarious.

I gotta feeling upshaw is gonna tear it up for the next 10 years. Also half reports i saw have KO projected as a tackle for his size and reach but others say guard
"I've watched the Ravens' defense on film, and I don't know what's going on. It's unbelievable," Phill Simms said. "That defense is off the charts with new looks and personnel and guys moving around. I don't even try to describe what they're doing on TV because most of the time, I just don't know."

#169 reddog271

reddog271

Undrafted Free Agent

• 222 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Guys, it's a message board. It's all going to be okay!

The Steelers suck and I'd grade their draft a D at BEST (offensive linemen? how boring), but this tallywacking is silly, and so very ESPN circa 2001.

In other news, I really do like Streeter. And Upshaw. I'm not sold on KO and a few others make me nervous even given their draft value. But I'm excited nevertheless.

KO is a four year starter that plays two positions. A team captain with a very mean streak. He's a perfect Raven. As for Streeter. He'll get open simply based on the fact that Boldin, Smith and the TE's will get more attention from the defense.

#170 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,890 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

If you need OL then it is huge. The line is where you win. Both Bmore and teh squealers needed OL help.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#171 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Nice find 52!

He's not going to get that wide open in the NFL. I still think he's a project, but he could work his way into that #3 spot in certain situations...and do damage if they double Torrey or Q.
Hope he has a good camp.

You're right he won't get that open but maybe the guy can get separation. Time will tell.

Upshaw will be a beast if he keeps his head on straight. KO has a lot to prove but if he can play LG, I'd feel a lot more optimistic about this draft and the team in 2012.

"Not bad for a running back"

#172 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Just read this quote from DeCosta on the Ravens website about why we didn't go after Mike Adams:

Eric DeCosta:
Mike Adams specifically was not a player of great interest to the Ravens because of off-field concerns. We always consider moving up based on scout opinions and coaching evaluations. We didn't see any tackles in this draft other than Kalil that we would have considered moving up to take in the first round.

"Not bad for a running back"

#173 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,312 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just read this quote from DeCosta on the Ravens website about why we didn't go after Mike Adams:

Eric DeCosta:
Mike Adams specifically was not a player of great interest to the Ravens because of off-field concerns. We always consider moving up based on scout opinions and coaching evaluations. We didn't see any tackles in this draft other than Kalil that we would have considered moving up to take in the first round.

:bow: “I know there is a spot open, and honestly my goal is to come in there and try to take it,” Osemele said. :gorave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users