ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

Johnson gets his franchise record 46th save...Wieters drives in the runs.

86-64 with 12 games left. 1 down to the Yanks and 1 up on Oakland. That's tight.

Randy Wolf scheduled to pitch for the O's tonight. Who the hell is he?

A's up 9 to 5!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tied for first..

Tweet of the day

The #Yankees look like Creed at the end of "Rocky" right now, shaking their heads, wondering how the #Orioles are still on their feet ...

<p class="stream-item-footer" style="overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; padding-top: 1px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">

Expand

from ther Schmuck....

Want a hint that it's getting real? BWI was a sea of orange Friday morning as Orioles fans caught flights to Boston for Friday night's game. Some are staying the whole weekend and some are rushing back on Sunday to back the Ravens at a very important moment early in their season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-peter-schmuck-for-a-change-its-boston-looking-up-to-baltimore-20120922,0,6651111.column

87 wins and 23 games over .500!!! Lets get the sweep today! I still am in shock that the Yanks came back and beat the A's being down four runs in the bottom of the thirteen. A's need to win today. IMO we need the division the wild card game will almost certainly be against an AL West team. We do not have a good track record against the A's or Angels, whether its on the road or at home. I am going to be furious if we get that first wild card spot by a few games then lose the play-in!

Cleet I was following that Yanks game on game cast, I was hootin and hollerin in the 13th when the A's went up 4, I let my emotions get the best of me that game...

Yeah I was at a wedding reception and I told everyone the A's went up by four. We all started celebrating being tied in the division. Then a few minutes later all our phones went off with alerts that the Yanks won. Everyone was shocked.

Congrats on the Reds...great accomplishment to win the divison this early.

AL East Standings

NYY 88-63 --

BAL 87-64 1

TB 82-70 6.5

AL Wild-Card Standings

BAL 87-64 --

OAK 85-66 --

LAA 83-69 2.5

TB 82-70 3.5

DET 80-70 4.5

Actually, it's not O's wins and Rays losses... it also has to consider the Angels and Tigers and the like... because of the wild card.

Regardless, 6 wins ... or a few wins coupled with some losses from nearby rivals.