ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

A2URxXsCUAA8DXI.jpg

lol, shouldn't have dove.

The loss of Nick is really going to hurt, perhaps - but hopefully not - insumountable. I have to say I really like this team. Its very flawed but its a good group of guys who try hard and it seems like someone different every night is contributing. A fun cool team.

I don't know if they can overcome this....

Not only is Markakis a Gold Glove outfielder, but he revived the Orioles offense once he returned from wrist surgery and took over the leadoff spot. His 73 hits since the All-Star break are second-most in the AL, and his post-break .335 average and .390 on-base percentage are major reasons why the Orioles are in the playoff hunt. The Orioles are 33-21 since Markakis took over the leadoff spot.

“A big part of our team is gone now,” Reynolds said. “Someone's going to step up, no doubt about it, maybe not able to fill what Nicky's can contribute, but maybe just enough. The other guys on the team, it's their opportunity to fill this void. I think we can do it.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-nick-markakis-orioles-outfielder-breaks-thumb-in-orioles-win-against-the-yankees-20120908,0,5278954.story

The O's will need an incredible effort from the pitching staff to over come this down the stretch.

Another nail biter and great win last night.

CC, no walks yesterday he had total control of his pitches, that was a pitch with a purpose..You think I hated the Yankees before, I doubly hate tham priks now..

Anyone see Tex crying about the Umps? hillarious, hope his ass gets fined, when you slide at first 99% of the time you will be called OUT, the Umps are trained to listen to that double thump, of the ball hitting the glove and the runners foot hitting the bag..You remove one of those elements and you see what you get..

Guess this makes up for the uncalled fan intereference from Friday Night on Mclouth!!

I tell you, the whole bunch of them just whine... and it seems to get worse.

Russel Martin has been on my list since the start of the season with a bunch of his antics and mouthing off... not to mention that he's been the beneficiary of more than a few generous calls and just has that shit-eating grin on his face all the time.

Now Tex is getting in on the mix. "Oh, I couldn't run through the bag because of my leg..."

And Girardi is just the worst of them all. I like Girardi as a player. As a manager, he's perhaps the worst in so many ways. He overmanages every aspect of that team, especially the pitching staff. He mouths off at reporters and fans because he can't keep his cool. Every bad play by his team is someone else's fault. No accountability for the crap they've played for two months. And remember last year when he was bitching about the O's hitting Yankees - he didn't accuse us of doing it on purpose, but pretty much said "if you're not good enough to pitch inside without hitting people, they shouldn't let you do it."

Oh, and CC... after that shit move - which I don't know if it was intentional or not, but clearly could have been - he had the nerve to be asking the ump to call it a foul ball and not a HBP? Go f yourself, CC. :)

Russel Martin has been on my list since the start of the season with a bunch of his antics and mouthing off... not to mention that he's been the beneficiary of more than a few generous calls and just has that shit-eating grin on his face all the time.

That's just called being Canadian, he can't help it. LOL jk :D

I completely agree with your post, Girardi is a complete douche of a manager.

Tough loss yesterday but splitting a four game series with the Yanks is not the worst thing in the world. We are still in the thick of both the wild card and division race. The Yanks still have a series against the Rays so if we take care of business this week against the Rays we may be able to make up some ground. The Markakis injury kills however.

Ugh I fell asleep during the game. I woke up in the middle of the night and had five unanswered text messages about the Machado play and had no idea what they were talking about. Then I watched it:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_09_12_tbamlb_balmlb_1&mode=video

That is a play not even a 15-year vetern 3B makes. Incredible baseball IQ. I like how he even faked out the announcer!

That Manny Machado play was simply unreal ..... Os are rolling. Go Sox!!!

It was so unreal, that the entire post show and the entire 1/2 hour Rays Live show was dedicated it to it, they beat the play to death and the dude that was doing the running, he is still in shock.."No way in heck, a 20 year old makes that play" He was so confident that Machada would throw to first, he wanted to be hero and blew thru the 3rd base coaches signal..LOL not only was he juked by the rook, but now hes in line for a team fine..LOL

O'MAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I caught the game on radio on my way home from work...8th inning.

Then I go to the gym and workout...watch it on all the tv's there...everybody's stopping and looking up at the screens the whole time I'm there. O's fever everywhere.

I get home in time to see Mannyland hit the game winner and receive a pie.

This is just too incredible.