ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

That was a great performance. The crowd is sad but mid week day games often are, plus traffic is supposed to be a mess. I am not completely excusing it, hopefully next home stand gets some bigger crowds.

Three out of four against the White Sox is nice. Big weekend coming.

Your Reds are in the top spot caus they dont play in the powerful AMERICAN LEAGUE..

Yeah. That explains how the NL crushed the AL in the Allstar game this year.

Because the All-Star game explains everything about the leagues.

How about the Astros... who are 8-47 over their last 55 games. Surely 9 games against them didn't hurt the Reds too much, right?

Or we could just simplify it this way... the Reds have the 7th ranked RPI in the majors right now (the O's are 4 by the way). Why the difference? Because the Reds' SOS is .488 while the O's is .512. The Reds' .488, by the way, is 28th in the league. The Orioles? 3rd. Perhaps that's what having the two worst teams in the league in your division does for you.

Because the All-Star game explains everything about the leagues.

How about the Astros... who are 8-47 over their last 55 games. Surely 9 games against them didn't hurt the Reds too much, right?

Or we could just simplify it this way... the Reds have the 7th ranked RPI in the majors right now (the O's are 4 by the way). Why the difference? Because the Reds' SOS is .488 while the O's is .512. The Reds' .488, by the way, is 28th in the league. The Orioles? 3rd. Perhaps that's what having the two worst teams in the league in your division does for you.

Ya' know, I really hope our two teams meet in the World Series. Then we'll see what's what.

What a game, love watching the Yanks announcers, they tried to destroy all of Baltimores accomplishments this season, I know on 3 accounts Singleton made it apparent that the Yanks were without A-Rod and Tex, then they go on to how the O's just came off a 3 outa 4 victory over the White Sox, yet we ONLY averaged 10,000 a game..

Hey Singleton .FUCK YOU, your 43,000 New Yackers looked like they were at a fucking funeral tonight...Our "10,000" pasionate O's fans doubled the sound that came out of Stankee Stadium...

Edited by cravnravn

O's get 3/4 from the Sox... how many did the Yanks get? Yikes.

http://espn.go.com/boston/video/clip?id=8324444 -- Bobby Valentine calling the Orioles lucky, not good. Buck Showalter calling the Orioles more than numbers. :)

Does Bobby mean that the Orioles are lucky he passed on the managerial job and they then hired Buck? If so he may have a point.

LOL Spen!

Now all Valentine has to do is call this a Fluke.

This makes me want to visit the Yankees board. :fishin:

This is a 3-1 nail biter for me today...but a great way to start a Labor Day Weekend.

Edited by vmax

It's stuff like this that defines this incredible season...

From Elias: Mark Reynolds hit two home runs in the Orioles' win over the Yankees on Friday and he hit two more in another Baltimore win in the Bronx on Sunday. Reynolds is the second Orioles player to hit four or more home runs in a series of any length against the Yankees. Doug DeCinces hit four round-trippers in a three-game series against the Yankees at Memorial Stadium in May 1981.

and this....

How 'bout backup catcher Taylor Teagarden? He's 5-for-38 this season, with 17 strikeouts. And that's not good. But here are the five hits: a game-winning homer, a walkoff double, a game-tying homer, an RBI double and a single that started a four-run rally. So at least the guy knows how to pick his spots!

and this...

From Elias: The Orioles have won each of their three series at Yankee Stadium this season. It's the first time the Orioles have won three series in the Bronx in one season since 1976, when they won eight of nine games at the old Stadium but finished in second place, 10 1/2 games behind the Yankees.

I could put up 20 such statements.

74 and 59 guys....BaltimoreOriolesLogo.gif

Is anyone else just so pumped about the O's you're not even thinking about the Ravens? I mean I'm looking forward to games every single day. It's awesome that every game is important down the stretch!

I'm still obsessed with the Ravens. If I wasn't, that would be a sign that the End Times are here.

But....

I have this new feeling about the Orioles....it's just like I used to feel about them for decades. Love them, listening to the games everyday and watching them when I can...did it for decades.

The O's fire is definately burning. When I found myself listening to the O's game while I was at the Ravens game, I realized something special was back.

I'll call it Baltimore Sports. We have the Ravens, the Orioles and the Preakness. That's the Big 3 for me and I take pride in this city rallying around those teams and events with both teams doing well. Finally the O's are back. It feels great to say that.

It is totally awesome that every game is significant. I'm score board watching. I'm in a state of existence that I happen to love...high anxiety bordering on a nervous breakdown... :yeah:

Then comes Lacrosse. That's a Baltimore and a Maryland tradition for me.

Then I love to see the local Colleges and High Schools do well.

Edited by vmax

Ive been totally obsessed with the O's..If I cant get them on TV, Im watching the ingame on ESPN.COM

So now the day goes faster for me, I still am glued to the Ravens news first thing, but then I go to the O's sites for information..

And it does feel good, just wondered why it took Petey so long, I dont know what his agenda was from 97-2010 but it back fired on him big time, and it might take a few years to get everybody back, proof was the series vs the White Sox when we only averaged 10,000 in the seats.

Something tells me that this upcoming series vs the Yanks will determine if we win the AL East or get that wildcard..

Please tell me the O's dont play next Monday Night???

Please tell me the O's dont play next Monday Night???

They don't. But you have the long forgotten skills to handle following two successfull teams. I'm getting mine back and discovering new avenues.

Stay glued to the radio. We now have the advantage of the internet (It wasn't there when Baltimore Sports fans were experiencing this kind of situation), cell phones to text on and use for web browsing and posting, tons of TV packages....