ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

60-51!

Buck's pulling out every trick in the bag to win. Johnson last night (great story). Machado is his next.

What's been dependable? The O's pitching.

What they can't count on? Fielding improving.

What if? If they can start hitting then they actually have a real shot at a wild card.

I think Duquette deserves some credit for some of the moves he has made. Chen was a very solid pickup. Little moves like Quintanilla and Betemit may not be blockbusters and they may not be great players but they have contributed at key times.

It's Aughust 15th....this is too good to be true.

This has been, and remains, a very enjoyable season. There are a ton of Oriole highlights and storys so far. All the 'no name' players who have contributed to wins...the bullpen...the one run game wins...the extra inning wins..

They continue to win when statisticly, they should be bottom feeders like the Red Sox.

cleetz...believe it or not but there was a time when the Orioles were regular contenders and the Baltimore Colts were contenders and Baltimore Sports fans were living the dream. We followed both rabidly.

I will say this...the penent races and World Series definately over shadowed football in September and October [for me] but come Sundays I had no problem being a nervous wreck at the Colt games. Memorial Stadium was still the Worlds Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum.

There is room for great success for both franchises in this town...in fact, when that happens, it doesn't get any better for a Baltimore sports fan. Throw in a good Teps basketball team and you become totally spoiled.

Now you got me started on the memories...

51jjBEov5AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by vmax

I think it was the fourth inning? Terrible inning. Manny gets on with a well hit double and I think Q walked afterwards. Markakis gives a pathetic bunt attempt that ends up in a DP with Manny out at 3B and Kakis out at first. Then Hardy singles the next AB on a hard hit ball to right field and Hale sends Q home and he gets thrown out by a mile. We really could have put the Sox away that inning...

Oh well, that's baseball! We go again tonight! We have a really tought stretch coming up with seires against Detroit, Texas, and Toronto. All teams that give us trouble traditionally...

cleetz...believe it or not but there was a time when the Orioles were regular contenders and the Baltimore Colts were contenders and Baltimore Sports fans were living the dream. We followed both rabidly.

I will say this...the penent races and World Series definately over shadowed football in September and October [for me] but come Sundays I had no problem being a nervous wreck at the Colt games. Memorial Stadium was still the Worlds Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum.

There is room for great success for both franchises in this town...in fact, when that happens, it doesn't get any better for a Baltimore sports fan. Throw in a good Teps basketball team and you become totally spoiled.

Now you got me started on the memories...

51jjBEov5AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A good football and baseball team?? I could never imagine! :yeah:

Expanding on this, Rob Long said on the radio yesterday that if the O's went to the playoffs he would go to every home game in Baltimore. He mentioned as a kid he had a chance to go to the games one and two of the '83 WS but did not. He figured with as good as the team was, he would have many chacnes to go to playoff and World Series games. We know the rest.

Kind of sad, but it made me think what happened to the O's the rest of the 80s? Didn't get much better from there. Poor Cal. Won the WS in 1983 his rookie season, then did not return to the playoffs until 14 years later in 1997.

A good football and baseball team?? I could never imagine! :)

It was great in the 60's & 70's in Baltimore..I recall being so mad at my Dad, because in 69 I had season tickets for the Colts, and we go on to the SB, well I figured caus I had tickets, I was automatically going to Miami...Man was I mad when my Dad said he could only get 1 ticket, recall my Mom driving my Dad and his buddy to Friendship Airport to get on that plane to Miami..Man I was pissed off!!!!!!!

How about Jr Orioles Max?? or were you too old?????? lol

10 games for 1.75, they were bleacher seats, but my grandmother had season tickets to the O's, she had the Sunday package..and whenever we had tickets as JR O's to the same game, she would drive to the Stadium on Thursdays and exchange our bleacher tickets for lower reserve tickets..Dont know how she pulled it off, but it beat getting roasted out in left field..It was great 1.75 for 10 games..