ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

Yep Max and playing .500 ball. If we win 80 ball games it will exceed all my expectations for a team without a bonafide infield (sans maybe Hardy) and a solid pitching rotation. All things considered, this team has vastly overachieved.

Who knows ; in a couple years we might be viable?

Barring a major collapse this season I see no reason why we could not expect an even better season next year. Admittedly its all guesswork, who knows what we will do in the off season or what anyone else will do but if this is a few games on either side of 500 at the end of the season I'll be cautiously optimistic for next.

Dam Va you should have let me know New Smyrna Beach is my back yard..Hell I was there today for a few hours, had a couple of chillys, found some sea shells, got a job interview for tomorrow, AND put a contract on a home...

And I do not drink the water down here, way too strong smell of chlorine.

Baltimore finds itself in the playoff hunt despite the defeat, and it's above .500 this late in a season for the first time since it was 60-60 on Aug. 17, 2005.

"It's fun to be playing games at this point in the year," said center fielder Adam Jones, whose next home run will give him a career high-tying 25 and 100 for his career. "It's my fifth year here, and it's the first time in August that the games really do matter. It's fun, and it's important."

Big Series in Tampa starting tonight, and my popcorn is ready!!!!

3 way tie tween us Tampa and Detroit,for that last playoff spot,BIG Series starting tonight.

Edited by cravnravn

I don't want to rub it in too far, but my Reds continue their march to the playoffs. After tonights SHUTOUT win over the also hot Pirates, Cincy rolls to a 65 win, 41 loss, .613 percentage record. The best in baseball!

Aroldis Chapman just continues to close out game after game!