ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

Baltimore_Orioles.png September is a week away. The O's have been consistent all season. I see no "Swoon".

I think they are legit Wild Card contenders. They are definitely in the Hunt! That has to be talked about now. Forget the past. This team is different...and they just got better defensively.

Well shut my mouth!

For the first time in 15 years, the Orioles will be sending out postseason ticket invoices to plan holders starting Thursday morning.

All season ticketholders should get the invoices – making them eligible to buy tickets to all levels of potential playoffs at Camden Yards – by next week, and perhaps as early as Friday.

The Orioles, who are currently tied for one of the AL wild-card spots, have not been close to a playoff opportunity this late in the season since they went wire-to-wire to win the American League East in 1997.

In mid-September, assuming the Orioles are still in the pennant race, the club hopes to make tickets available to the general public. Details on that sale have not yet been finalized, Bader said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-postseason-tickets-go-on-sale-to-plan-holders-thursday-morning-20120822,0,1722150.story

Alright O's got our work cut out now, gave up that final wild card spot..The Rays are SMOKING HOT trail the Spanks by 3 games..Who the hell is the beach ball throwing Hunter..

Times have changed, if Jim Palmer would have served up a HR to Beltre, where do you think the next time he faced him the pitches would have been thrown? Underneath his chin..Come on Hunter you gave Beltre batting practice pitches...Funny, after the game they had him for an interview and he said after the first 2 HR's he was trying to hit everything out of the park..

Come on Buck, you played the game, teach these pitchers some manners!!!!

My bad guys. I turn the game on when its 1-1 just in time to see the first homer. It went downhill from there. This ones on me.

Haha I had two friends tell me the same thing.

Alright O's got our work cut out now, gave up that final wild card spot..The Rays are SMOKING HOT trail the Spanks by 3 games..Who the hell is the beach ball throwing Hunter..

Times have changed, if Jim Palmer would have served up a HR to Beltre, where do you think the next time he faced him the pitches would have been thrown? Underneath his chin..Come on Hunter you gave Beltre batting practice pitches...Funny, after the game they had him for an interview and he said after the first 2 HR's he was trying to hit everything out of the park..

Come on Buck, you played the game, teach these pitchers some manners!!!!

Honestly I would rather get the second wild card spot than the first. Sure you get the one home 'playoff' game (it's more like a 'play-in' game akin the NCAA Tournament team 64 play-in), but how devastating would that be to lose that game in the first year as the top seeded wild card? I'll take the underdog role for one game. We've been pretty even with Tampa, and there is no homefield advantage in that dome, so I like our chances. Now going to Anaheim to play the Angels, we lets try and avoid that!

I did not expect us to win the Texas series. They are the best team in baseball IMO and they have murdered us on run differential this season. We were lucky to steal one game. Putting the league leader in HRs allowed, Tommy Hunter, against that lineup in that ballpark equals a recipe for disaster.

We are in a good position right now. Just need to avoid being swept (for example whenever we play the Angels or play at Toronto) and win as many series as we can. We have a tough schedule, but we have proven we can play with these teams.

At this point with the number of games left I will admit to being dissapointed if they do not finish 500. While I love the fact they have a chance at a playoff spot I still just want them to finish strong and consistent.

I may be the only one but I don't like the new wildcard. Its just a cheap way for an unbalanced league to create excitement for a few fan bases that normally wouldn't be involved in the playoff race. All for a one game playoff.

Just received our post-season ticket plan arrangements/order form... one little 13-game season plan guarantees us at least one game in each series the O's play in! Niiiice. :)

Also - interesting to note just how much a playoff series would net the team: the three games we would have in the playoffs (should they make each series; DS, CS, and WS), costs the exact same as our 13-game season plan! They make a season's worth off (up to) 11 games...

That's a great deal dc.

That's a major reason the PSL cost wasn't that hard to bite. It guarantees me seats at every home playoff game.

I used to have a 13 or 15 game plan for me and the kids. It was just right.

I'm loving this season, but I'm still a long way off from the passionate fan I used to be to put up the financial investment.

That's a major reason the PSL cost wasn't that hard to bite. It guarantees me seats at every home playoff game.

Its F'N BS that they make you buy 2 games worth of tickets..Is Biscuit giving you interest on the money? There has never been a Baltimore based NFL Team that has had 2 home playoff games....

I love the trade for Saunders (anyone remember how we traded to trade Tejada to the Angels years back for a package of Brandon Wood, Saunders and Ervin Santana?). It is tough to give up Lindstrom, but we have plenty of capable RHPs out of the pen. Arrieta has similar stuff and should be an adequate replacement. Sure, Saunders has average stuff, but he is a perennial 200 IP pitcher. He will have no problem eating up innings for us down the stretch which will allow us to move to a six man rotation to perserve the arms of Chen and Gonzo who are pitching more innings than they are used to.

With their third straight win, the Orioles (70-57) surged past the Tampa Bay Rays into the second place in the American League East and are just 3 1/2 games behind the division-leading New York Yankees, their smallest deficit since June 24, when they were 2 games back.

The Orioles, who are a season-high 13 games above .500 for just the second time this season, also are tied with the Oakland Athletics for the top AL wild card spot.

McLouth hit his second game-winning homer in the last week. He hit a seventh-inning, two-run shot that proved to be the difference in the Orioles' 5-3 win in Texas on Tuesday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-nate-mclouths-2run-homer-leads-to-another-orioles-win-20120827,0,5411116.story

This is the fun part of chasing down .500 and hopefully a wild card spot. The O's are doing it. I can't imagine catching the Stankies....that would be too unbelievable.

This is the fun part of chasing down .500 and hopefully a wild card spot. The O's are doing it. I can't imagine catching the Stankies....that would be too unbelievable

WHAT??? we are 3 1/2 behind them, oh and lookie here we have a 3 game series with them next week..Imagine that.

They just lost Mark Tex last night with a calf muscle pull, they blew a 3 run lead late in the game, the wind just went out of that sail.

I love watching the WC chase, The O's have the top spot as of last night with the Rays loss...

Shutout! :bow:

This is the typical insane stuff the Orioles have been pulling off this season...

Ford, making just his second start since Aug. 12, homered in his second straight game, taking a Sale offering into the left-field seats. Ford, who spent five years out of the majors, hadn't hit a big league homer since July 29, 2007 until he homered in the second inning of Monday's 4-3 win over the White Sox.

Come on! Where did they find this guy and what prompted them to put him in the lineup?

Nobody else would.

Shutout! :bow:

This is the typical insane stuff the Orioles have been pulling off this season...

Come on! Where did they find this guy and what prompted them to put him in the lineup?

Nobody else would.

Do you have the MLB Channel? Caus Harold Reynolds and his crew say the exact same thing, but they all are agreement that its Buck..Just look at how Matuzs pitches now in relief instead of as a starter, the new kid in left field, hes freekin good!!!!!, then you have Ford..

Last nights topic of the game was Adam Jones and his lack of HR power, I like when they dwell on the negative, caus guess what POW, Jones sends one out.

Rays are on a 4 game slider, Detroit lost on a very contraversial bad call last night(good for us, bad for them) Yankmees series is looming and here we are..

Still trying to avoid being over-amped.... but with the Sox selling off half their team and the Jays officially shutting down Bautista, the remaining games look more and more winnable. The Yanks have a similar final few weeks to ours... so it comes down mostly to our games against the Yanks.

And with Hammel returning and the way we have played against the Yanks all season... and the way Buck gets this team to play in September...

AHHH

7 out of 10 games with the Yanks. Then 3 with Tampa.

That 16 day stretch could deceide it.

I don't want to think about it too much...it's turns me into a nervous wreck.

Gotta take it one game at a time....