ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

Come on now, whats everyones take on how the O's got screwed on the Reynolds play?? I have never seen one play in baseball change an entire game like that one..When is the last time you seen an Ump initially make the correct call, to be overturned by an Ump 90 feet away?? Raynolds got tossed, Buck got tossed O's were up 3-1 and it totally changed the face of the game.

The worst call Ive ever seen in my life in baseball..

Pretty cool flipping from O's to Ravens most of the night. And O's pitchers, you need to pitch Cecil Fielder AWAY, you throw into his wheel house, and he deposits it 400 ft away.

Edited by cravnravn

Prince Fielder.

And despite what everyone says, I have seen an ump ask for help and then have a call changed... it's pretty rare. I just think the guy 90ft away got it wrong this time.

What I'm torn on is this; we always say on blown calls that umps should have the courage to ask for help. Of course, when they do, you might see the call screwed up even worse... as we saw last night.

Prince Fielder.

And despite what everyone says, I have seen an ump ask for help and then have a call changed... it's pretty rare. I just think the guy 90ft away got it wrong this time.

What I'm torn on is this; we always say on blown calls that umps should have the courage to ask for help. Of course, when they do, you might see the call screwed up even worse... as we saw last night.

Hey dan, do you really think the first base ump asked for his help???? I dont, the replays I seen that first base ump made it 100% clear that he called him O-U-T

Well, yeah, he made his call first. You can't say "time out, I will make no call." Just like in the NFL - you have to make a call (penalty or no, catch or no catch). Then afterwards you can discuss.

He made the out call. He then called the homeplate umpire - who is blind as a bat - for help. Sad thing is that Timmons' (HP ump) comments after the game clearly show that he didn't see the whole play. He talked about watching Reynolds foot and said he "saw daylight" at some point as the foot came up ... no one denies the foot came up. The question is WHEN did it come up in relation to the catch. Replay seems to show his foot was on when he caught it - Timmons didn't even mention the catch as a factor in what he was looking at.

We got to sweat it out.

At the Ravens game Friday night I remembered the time, when at Oriole games, you would see a plane flying over the stadium pulling a banner that said "The Baltimore Colts wish you a great season". The Orioles would send one to the Colts games saying the same thing.

I don't get where the success of both teams has to be a polarizing thing. Certain talk show heads keep trying to make it an "either/or" thing but that's ridiculous if you are a Baltimore sports fan. Not 1 reason on Earth that you can't have a great time enjoying both teams. You may have to choose what games you can financially afford to go to, but you can follow on TV, radio, the internet everything for free. At Friday nights game I had my radio and listened in to the O's game. I was raised right... :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

Wow! Down 5-0 and they comeback....and put some hurt on a wild card competetor.

Who is McLouth? Just another guy out of nowhere who contributes to an Orioles win.

Chen settles down, O'Day does his thing, Hardy, Markakas, Jones do damage...this is so unbelievable.

66-55.

Texas next..got to survive this trip....it's still too early for me to believe a wild card spot is possible but...it is.

What a game! That is a huge series win against a team that is in the Wild Card chase. That Tigers team has as good a lineup as any in the majors and we took two out of three facing their two best starters. Every time that lineup flips it gives me chills. Their 1-4 is always a threat for a big inning. It seems like we say this every week, but there is a huge stretch coming up that could possibly decide our season: @ the Rangers, Jays, White Sox, @ the Yankees. We're ready for it!

are alone with a wild card spot, 5 games behind the Yankmees..Who are without CC, big loss

Trouble brewing in NY and the Birds are heading there to bury them!!!

Pisses me off that on MLB last Night, they speak nothing of the division being decided by the Yanks or Tampa..Thats OK Harorl Reynolds, O's are going to kick some ass