ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Preacher/Steelers fan stopping by again . . .

Preacher

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth the celebration...spanking you biggest division rival opening day and starting the season with a leg up. It was a big win. In the end it meant home field advantage.

When discussing matters such as this we need to remeber...it could be worse. We could be living in Cleveland.

It was still just a regular season game.

Congrats to the Ravens - and to you all.

Interesting thing - I was right concerning our defense (only allowed 6 points). I was right concerning our run game (they were able to get some good runs, though they weren't by any stretch of the imagination dominant. I was right about leftwich - He played well enough for us to win the game (10 points).

And I completely forgot about special teams = 7 points for the Ravens. O,o

Another typical Ravens/Steelers game - and we have another one in just a couple weeks.

Worth the celebration...spanking you biggest division rival opening day and starting the season with a leg up. It was a big win. In the end it meant home field advantage.

When discussing matters such as this we need to remeber...it could be worse. We could be living in Cleveland.

Oh, Lord, isn't that the truth.

The game was alot closer than I expected. However Flacco missed Dickson on alot of passes. Flacco and Cam have got to adapt when a team adjusts to take away Torrey. There was no reason Dickson shouldn't have eaten Pitt up. And......where was the pitch to Rice last night? We also didn't run a cutback or a screen. Last time I checked when playing an aggressive defense a well disguised screen to the RB and cut back runs are very effective.

Yep. A W is a W no matter how ugly. And it was in the Burgh. Plus, the D played well (sans the Leftwhich TD run ).

Moving forward, I hope our O can get off the Schnide, starting in SD next Sunday. We need to get Rice back in the O. He's been a non factor the last two games.

SD will bring another formidable challenge - desperate , at home , and trying to make it as a wild card. This would be another game for Joe and the O to break out of its funk on the road.

Yep. A W is a W no matter how ugly. And it was in the Burgh. Plus, the D played well (sans the Leftwhich TD run ).

Moving forward, I hope our O can get off the Schnide, starting in SD next Sunday. We need to get Rice back in the O. He's been a non factor the last two games.

SD will bring another formidable challenge - desperate , at home , and trying to make it as a wild card. This would be another game for Joe and the O to break out of its funk on the road.

Rice had 20 carries last night and could only produce 40 yards despite the fact he was running hard. The offensive line was outplayed by the Steelers defense on running plays.

Of course, this begs the question of why didn't the O try play action more and where were the slant patterns?? By the way, Flacco was way off last night. A real clunker of a game for him.

I'm starting to wonder does Joe not trust Dickson. He gets open a lot but he also drops a lot of balls. If Dickson had Pitta's hands he would be one heck of a TE.

Same here. Dickson has repeatedly shown he can't get it done and I can't imagine Joe would risk it in a game like that.

It is not a huge need. I would not go real early.

Yeah we still have Pitta and Dickson might come good and at the very least is a serviceable no.2

Perhaps take a shot on a guy to develop in the 6th or 7th. I like taking shots on guys with good athletic ability that need to learn the game in the later rounds.

We have way more pressing needs this offseason than another early round TE.