ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Another perspective on Flacco.

vmax

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked if Harbaugh is fired.

No HC has done what he's done in their first 5 years.

I know very little about Kyle Shannahan...but I know this...last year the Redskin O under him was 16th in yards and 26th in points scored. He could not perform miracles with garbage.

This year he's got an excellent RB in Morris and a good QB in Griffin. The players make the coach. He's no friggn'n genius yet. And...he's well on his way to having a cripple at QB that cost 3 first round picks and a second. Most of the run/blocking schemes are Daddy's from Denver. He got a lot from his Dad who knows offense inside and out.

Max, Shanahan was the OC of Houston before leaving to coach with his dad. As young as Shanahan is, he has everything you look for in a young coaching prospect. Sure anytime you hire a young coaching prospect it is a risk. If we want to go with experience there are other guys out there, but I like Shanahan a lot. He utilizes talent with what he has. He is a genius in the running game. I also like Perry Fewell and Greg Roman too.

If the Ravens lose out or go one-and-done I think there is a real possibility Harbaugh is gone. The goal here is to win a Super Bowl. We do not want to end up like the Eagles. Great team over a decade but never win the big one. Bisciotti knows when to make a move I trust his judgement.

Max, Shanahan was the OC of Houston before leaving to coach with his dad. As young as Shanahan is, he has everything you look for in a young coaching prospect. Sure anytime you hire a young coaching prospect it is a risk. If we want to go with experience there are other guys out there, but I like Shanahan a lot. He utilizes talent with what he has. He is a genius in the running game. I also like Perry Fewell and Greg Roman too.

If the Ravens lose out or go one-and-done I think there is a real possibility Harbaugh is gone. The goal here is to win a Super Bowl. We do not want to end up like the Eagles. Great team over a decade but never win the big one. Bisciotti knows when to make a move I trust his judgement.

OK but I don't think he was steller in Hou. I don't think he was amazing with the talent that was there.

His Dad has the run blocking scheme down to a science. He brought it to DC. He turned bums into All Pros at Denver...they left and were average Joe's elsewhere in the league. It was a RB factory but it was the blocking scheme that made them. Morris is no bum...he's damn good and a big part of what makes RHG3 look so good....like Rice to Flacco.

He might make a great HC.

If we had no HC with a proven winning track record then I'd say "yea...take a chance on him". This league is loaded with failed HC's who looked like the greatest thing since sliced bread when they led talented offensive and defensive units. That list is real long. It's a knee jerk reaction to the "flavor of the month".

I do not want a HC change because the Ravens defense, which was getting weaker, fell apart due to injuries and can't get off the field....and because Joe and the offense did not take the next step and pull up the slack.

Where are the #2 and #3 offenses in the NFL going this year? Detroit and the Saints.

You need a team to go all the way. Offense, defense and Special Teams. You must be reletively healthy by playoff time...and lucky to go all the way.

It's simple. We know it. The Ravens have too many holes and shortcommings to overcome to get it done this year. Just not their year.

But they won't quit and maybe they'll take somebody down with them.

Edited by vmax

His Dad has the run blocking scheme down to a science. He brought it to DC. He turned bums into All Pros at Denver...they left and were average Joe's elsewhere in the league. It was a RB factory but it was the blocking scheme that made them. Morris is no bum...he's damn good and a big part of what makes RHG3 look so good....like Rice to Flacco.

He might make a great HC.

If we had no HC with a proven winning track record then I'd say "yea...take a chance on him". This league is loaded with failed HC's who looked like the greatest thing since sliced bread when they led talented offensive and defensive units. That list is real long. It's a knee jerk reaction to the "flavor of the month".

I do not want a HC change because the Ravens defense, which was getting weaker, fell apart due to injuries and can't get off the field....and because Joe and the offense did not take the next step and pull up the slack.

Where are the #2 and #3 offenses in the NFL going this year? Detroit and the Saints.

You need a team to go all the way. Offense, defense and Special Teams. You must be reletively healthy by playoff time...and lucky to go all the way.

It's simple. We know it. The Ravens have too many holes and shortcommings to overcome to get it done this year. Just not their year.

But they won't quit and maybe they'll take somebody down with them.

I have to agree. Mikes blocking scheme is great. But he has a certain type of guy to pull it off. Cam was trying to run something similar but KO and Reid are not those type of guys.

Kyle Shanahan is just one option. The point I am making, there is a real possibility that Harbaugh is out of a job if this team does not finish strong. We can talk about the injuries all we want but the offense is a mess and is underachieving. Getting to the playoffs is great but our goal is the Super Bowl. Bisciotti knows that and will not settle for being mid-tier.

I don't see it Cleetz. I know the ultimate goal is the SB but only 1 team can achieve that every year. 5-5 for playoffs, dominating the division, I think Harbaugh is definitely here next year no matter what happens in the postseason. I also think the team would have to turn into a dysfunctional mess similar to the Jets for him to be canned after 2013. I know Harbaugh doesn't have either an offensive or defensive specialty, but I don't think it's crucial to have a guy like that. Honestly, I think it can be detrimental to the team in some cases because the Head coach doesn't spend enough time focused on the team as opposed to one unit. At the very least, it doesn't ensure success. To me Harbaugh is not the issue. It's injuries and personnel. The fact that this team in it's 5th year lost back2back for the first time (and barely) shows that Harbaugh is great at doing his job which is getting the most out of his players.

Here's something to talk about...

When asked if becoming an offensive coordinator would appeal to him, Turner says he would want to be in "a place where you have an opportunity to win and be in a situation that there are coaches I've worked with and been around."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113975/article/norv-turner-not-ruling-being-an-oc-if-fired-by-chargers

I agree with you guys, I do not want Harbaugh to go. It is critical for him to win one of these last two games. If he loses out, there i no excuse for starting 9-2 and ending 9-7. No excuse. We need to win the division, give something for the team to rally behind. Losing out on a division title with this much of a lead is inexcusable.

IMO, best case scenario is win the division this year, then hire Norv Turner as the OC for next season.

I'd be amazed if Harbaugh was let go in any scenario. If the team was more healthy maybe, but I just dont see it now.

Agreed. At least not until the sky has completely fallen. And that may happen if we don't adequately address the concerns on offense and the deficiencies on D - LB, DL, and S.

Crav, playing center is 75% mental. Believe me the only reason Birk is out here is to call out the protection. That is why centers play much longer than any other position they are needed for their brains. As poor as the line play has been the protection schemes and blitz pickups have been great. Guys are just getting beat and out executed by the defense.

Gino will be the starter next year. Remember he came from an FCS school, and offseason in an NFL classroom and weight room and he will be vastly improved.

Crav, playing center is 75% mental. Believe me the only reason Birk is out here is to call out the protection. That is why centers play much longer than any other position they are needed for their brains. As poor as the line play has been the protection schemes and blitz pickups have been great. Guys are just getting beat and out executed by the defense.

Gino will be the starter next year. Remember he came from an FCS school, and offseason in an NFL classroom and weight room and he will be vastly improved.

More importantly, Birk has probably been the least of the line's problems this season.