ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

And Now The Other Shoe Drops......

rastaman831226

Here it is in a nutshell. Forsett ain't staying here, he's going to Denver with Kubiak to establish the running game for the Broncos and Peyton Manning. Losing 1566 yds with a 5.4 average of production cannot be made up for either in Free Agency or the Draft. Our offense will be diminshed next season and that's not a good thing especially with our upcoming schedule.

I challenge the assertion that it can't be made up for. That is not saying we will make up for it guaranteed, but there is no certainty the other way either.

JF benefited from a system and we did too. But I agree that he was not irreplaceable. If it was the system, by definition it can't be just JF.

And if we found JF for practically pennies after everyone else let him go, isn't he proof that you CAN find 1500 yards and 5+ypc just floating out in the midst of no where?

It's " you're " not " your ". " Your " makes you look reaaaaaaaaaaaally stupid. And to respond to that with a " ? " question mark makes you look extra stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid. Just sayin'.

When you can't respond to content, trash talk.

Stop directly insulting other posters, please.

When you can't respond to content, trash talk.

Stop directly insulting other posters, please.

Cut the crap DC. RobJr is old enough to be your grandaddy. He's a big boy now and probably doesn't appreciate you coddling him like some three year old. I'm disturbed that you would disrespect him in such a manner.

I challenge the assertion that it can't be made up for. That is not saying we will make up for it guaranteed, but there is no certainty the other way either.

JF benefited from a system and we did too. But I agree that he was not irreplaceable. If it was the system, by definition it can't be just JF.

And if we found JF for practically pennies after everyone else let him go, isn't he proof that you CAN find 1500 yards and 5+ypc just floating out in the midst of no where?

So what is it? Can we make up for the loss in Forsett run production or not? Your explanation tells me you don't understand and you don't know. Is that what you're saying?

So what is it? Can we make up for the loss in Forsett run production or not? Your explanation tells me you don't understand and you don't know. Is that what you're saying?

You know dam right well we could replace JF production if needed, we replaced ray rices production, heck we replaced ray lewis' production already. Thats the way this team rolls.

I'm totally open that I don't know because I don't know the market and draft right now well enough to say who's there. And I don't know non Ravens well enough to know their skills.

I'm simply saying, if we found Forsett, what logical reason is there that we couldn't find him again? Because the proclamation seemed to be that it was 100% impossible, not just now but ever.

Cut the crap DC. RobJr is old enough to be your grandaddy. He's a big boy now and probably doesn't appreciate you coddling him like some three year old. I'm disturbed that you would disrespect him in such a manner.

This was my polite way of asking you to tone down the insults. Please heed the request.

I'm totally open that I don't know because I don't know the market and draft right now well enough to say who's there. And I don't know non Ravens well enough to know their skills.

I'm simply saying, if we found Forsett, what logical reason is there that we couldn't find him again? Because the proclamation seemed to be that it was 100% impossible, not just now but ever.

Because of our history with the draft and signing free agents the arrow would point to a definte yes we could replace JF's production.

Because of our history with the draft and signing free agents the arrow would point to a definte yes we could replace JF's production.

So, you're saying that you don't know the situation and have no information to back your claim but your logic tells you that you're right on this matter? Is that what I'm hearing?

So, you're saying that you don't know the situation and have no information to back your claim but your logic tells you that you're right on this matter? Is that what I'm hearing?

I think he's just doing what you are doing with a different twist. You see the end of the world while dc's conclusions are much more sane.

I'm saying that the best evidence against paying Justin is Justin. I'm saying Justin proves that we don't need to know the guys name to know he exists.

That's not saying we will find him.

I think you guys are severely under appreciating what Forsett did for us and that he was an easy find. He would not even had made the team if Ray Rice doesn't knock out his wife. the two other guys didn't run anywhere nearly as effective as Forsett. Honestly, Forsett was a luck find because of circumstances and panned out very well for us. I hope we keep him , i know he'll be 30 but it's a well preserved 30 because he's never been "the man" except for last year. He deserves a raise and i hope he gets it here, of course we shouldn't go overboard but he should get a generous 2 year deal. And we should get another running back in here through the draft.

With our cap situation we'll most likely have to let JF go. We will find a replacement either in the draft, via free agency, or with Taliaferro. That's just the way the system of the NFL is set up. You don't pay running backs a lot because there are so many you can plug in and play.

I think you guys are severely under appreciating what Forsett did for us and that he was an easy find. He would not even had made the team if Ray Rice doesn't knock out his wife. the two other guys didn't run anywhere nearly as effective as Forsett. Honestly, Forsett was a luck find because of circumstances and panned out very well for us. I hope we keep him , i know he'll be 30 but it's a well preserved 30 because he's never been "the man" except for last year. He deserves a raise and i hope he gets it here, of course we shouldn't go overboard but he should get a generous 2 year deal. And we should get another running back in here through the draft.

Not underestimating what he did at all, but rasta thinks he's going to get this pay day that we won't be able to afford. He is 30 and you are right he's a preserve ed 30 caus he hasn't taking the poundings for 7 years. I have a gut he'll still be a Raven.

I think that says more about the FO and coaching staff looking at the talent available to them than it does about Forsett. Then it gets to the group think of the FO's that dismissed him on reputation.

I am with Crav and saying the Ravens can find his replacement via the draft. I liked the description of the Yal RB in the Sau.

I agree with crav and papa. I think Justin served us very well and I don't mean to imply that just any guy could do what he did. But I have faith in our front office to find talent that suits our need.

I think Kubiaks record of turning no makes into pro bowl backs further supports the system/scouting over player idea. Remember all those guys in Denver in the early 2000s who just walked into 1000 yards out of no where?

I'm on the fence on whether we keep him. I personally would like to see him here in 2015 but, after the smoke clears, my guess is someone else (Denver?) offers him a better deal that we don't match. Like Torrey, a good character guy that you hate to lose but its a business and $ talks.

NICE POST.

Bingo. Alas someone else understands football.

Justin Forsett was paid 730,000 for 2014, pretty sure that's vet minimum, I'd offer him a 2 year deal, total 3 million. What player wouldn't be happy with a 100% increase?

That is a pretty good deal, but I think the clincher will be the 3rd year. So the Ravens could always make that an option year based on incentives. I can't see Denver offeringmore than that for him when they have him in two other backs already on their roster.

Here he would be the man, there, he would have to compete for the job.

Then there is his family, do they want to move to Denver, in that weather? Players today, put more thought into where they sign based on family.