ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I'm Scared

deeshopper

There's a difference between looking (a passive glance) and casing. IMO TM was casing houses/cars. I work in Brooklyn Dee. My homes in Pasadena, its a nice neighborhood I guess I'm just not a trusting person.

@ spen.. depends on what doing nothing meant. If I did nothing and somebody was creepily following me then I get your point, but I don't believe things transpired like that.

Therein lies the rub. One person's glance, and is another's casing. One person's creepily following, is another person's getting a description of a criminal.

I think I'm putting rose bushes by my front windows to keep you and Dee from peeking in.

I don't really like roses, so that could work. But, I'm looking in your house to see your decorating and get ideas. I swear, that's all. :thumbup:

oh yes

crown molding

chair rails

paint schemes

still working on

drafting

Cornel West

find it funny he teaches at Princeton

I know one

BOY

who post here

he can't stand the president

made a bet Barry wouldn't win again

but of course he didn't honor his bet

typical

• Downvote 1

Re: Martin "casing" the neighborhood. Maybe. But no way to know. The only reason I doubt it is that it was apparently pouring down rain. If you've ever looked at a map of the area or the walkthrough video GZ Made with police, there are paths that wind behind and around houses - for neighborhood use. So to mean it seems more likely that he was just "in between" houses because of the paths than necessarily casing the place.

Spen - Re: self defense. I agree that the prosecution still has a burden and it should be hefty. But I also think that it shouldn't be quite as high as the standard as when you are completely denying any criminal activity. Shouldn't there be some burden on the defendant? And shouldn't it be more than just a doubt, especially if the other witness is dead? I feel that it should be closer to civil suits (preponderance of evidence / more likely than not). Maybe GZ still wins the case and jury says it was "more likely than not" he was acting in defense. But at least then there would be some burden on GZ. Simply by saying "He hit me" there is doubt and he is free.

Spen - Re: self defense. I agree that the prosecution still has a burden and it should be hefty. But I also think that it shouldn't be quite as high as the standard as when you are completely denying any criminal activity. Shouldn't there be some burden on the defendant? And shouldn't it be more than just a doubt, especially if the other witness is dead? I feel that it should be closer to civil suits (preponderance of evidence / more likely than not). Maybe GZ still wins the case and jury says it was "more likely than not" he was acting in defense. But at least then there would be some burden on GZ. Simply by saying "He hit me" there is doubt and he is free.

In the past the burden of proof for self defense was on the defendant. I think that is how it should be.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, Papa - it was an "affirmative defense" just like the insanity defense. It's not up to us to prove you are sane once you admit to killing someone, it's up to you to prove you aren't if you so claim. And of course the state should have to prove something - but not "beyond a reasonable doubt." As I said, just saying "he hit me" creates the technical definition of reasonable doubt - especially if there is no witness to say that didn't happen.

Yep.

I have no issue with a properly written stand your ground statute. Say I am down on Calvert St down in the city. A guy steps out of an alley and attacks me. I have never been a fast guy and knowing that I should not have to turn my back on him to run away. I could be attacked from behind. Now if armed I could pull a weapon. I would back away and if he still moved forward to attack I would fire. I will not give an attacker my back. Obviously this would be if MD had carry permits and a stand your ground law.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Trayvon Riots

Riots and protests were rapidly getting out of hand in LA, Miami, Atlanta, and New York.

Tear gas, water hoses, beanbags and rubber bullets, nothing was working. Finally desperate, police had to fly helicopters over and dump boxes of job applications into the raging mobs. Crowds were dispersed in less than two minutes.

Too funny, had to do it...

• Upvote 1

Trayvon Riots

Riots and protests were rapidly getting out of hand in LA, Miami, Atlanta, and New York.

Tear gas, water hoses, beanbags and rubber bullets, nothing was working. Finally desperate, police had to fly helicopters over and dump boxes of job applications into the raging mobs. Crowds were dispersed in less than two minutes.

Too funny, had to do it...

Not enough attention huh? You need to dig through old threads to try to get some.

In this case its over because you agre with it. If not you'd be bitching and whining about the verdict like you have other things here.

Youre quite the idiot.....

Edited by Spen
  • Upvote 1

Way to jump in at the end of a conversation and try to have an opinion. Per your post 48 hours ago, this is a clear rules violation. Posts will be removed.

LOL.PERFECT EXECUTION.

• Downvote 1