ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

DReed Gone?

Robjr83

Delone Carter was a 4th round pick under Caldwell and should essentially be a better version of Anthony Allen. A big powerful back, something we could use as our 3rd back and also the body-type that can be valuable on special teams. He has started a few games in his career and while not incredibly impressive he seems like a good pickup for a guy we were going to cut. He was 4th on Indy's Depth Chart after the pickup of Bradshaw this offseason so that's why he was available for almost nothing.

Reed has shown very, very little as a receiver. I agree with this move.

Bad hands and bad attitude = bus ticket, one way .....I would have cut him last year,....I wouldn't be surprised if Doss is cut soon also, another disappointment......Don't think Shank will be around much longer either..

SB REPEAT !!!!

There's about a $4 mil cap savings too.

Enough Indy players.

Basically it was a wash in Cap savings

Financially, this transaction is essentially a wash.

Carter, who had 3,104 yards and 24 touchdowns in college, has two years left on his $2.469 million rookie contract with nonguaranteed base salaries of $555,000 this year and $645,000 in 2014.

Reed signed a two-year, $1.86 million contract in March that included a $500,000 signing bonus and a $630,000 nonguaranteed base salary this year, but he battled groin and wrist injuries and had fallen on the depth chart recently.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-source-ravens-acquire-running-back-delone-carter-in-trade-from-colts-20130821,0,4690060.story#ixzz2chB0wC41