ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suggs might be out 4 weeks.

vmax

Maybe the Ravens go to the 3/4...Hopefully Barnes and McLain can step up the pass rush because Kruger looks like he has a way to go to be a starter.

I forgot to add Nakamura...another big loss.

Baltimore Ravens reserve safety and special-teams contributor Haruki Nakamura broke his right ankle during the opening kickoff of Monday night’s game against the Cleveland Browns.

Because of the nature and timing of the injury, it’s expected that Nakamura will be out for the season and would likely require surgery to repair the damage.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/11/17/sports/3_ravens_notebook.txt

Edited by vmax

"Heck yeah it was a cheap shot," Lewis snapped after Baltimore rocked Cleveland 16-0. "When you're running down and you're looking at the quarterback going at somebody's knees who doesn't even have the ball. I want to see if he gets the same fine I got or even higher. Now this man is out four or five weeks because of some baloney like that."

Time to see what Krueger, Barnes, and McClain are about. Krueger was playing a little undisciplined out there as he let up on containment a couple of times, but he will learn through experience. That is something Suggs does well, he simply does not let up on containment. Next man up! Hopefully Ngata will be good to go next week.

By the way, JJ is a beast. Possibly our MVP on defense this year!

The Colts secondary is decimated. We will need to leave in an extra blocker to handle Freeney and Mathis, so our WR's need to step up and beat the Colts secondary for Flacco to have a chance. We definitely should be able to run on Indy. I really don't see our Defense having a chance in hell at stopping Peyton, but our Offense has the potential to win this game for us. Should be a good one.

Quinn on his cheap-shot:

"I was trying to go for the ball carrier. Suggs came across at the last second in my vision. I would never wish that upon anyone. I was upset about it on the field. We worked out in Arizona together. I couldn't be any more sorry about that. That was never the intent. I'm sorry to Terrell and the rest of their team."

It sounds like he is genuine. He was probably scared of getting hit, so he just went low without even thinking. I mean we all saw how fast he went down when Ray Lewis came in the blitz on his sack. Quinn is a little wuss. By the way, the guy's arm strength is absolutely horrible. Those long passes at the end made Ken Dorsey's arm look like Joe Flacco's.

Suggs “Not Catastrophic”

Ravens fans likely released a collective gasp when linebacker/defensive end Terrell Suggs limped off the field in Monday’s 16-0 win over the Cleveland Browns.

In the third quarter, Suggs was felled by a low block by Browns quarterback Brady Quinn, who lunged at “T-Sizzle’s” knee after throwing an interception to cornerback Chris Carr.

Suggs was blindsided by the hit and subsequently was attended to by Ravens trainers before gingerly walking to the sideline.

“As of right now, I don’t know,” said head coach John Harbaugh after the game of Suggs’ status. “It’s not one of those catastrophic knee injures.”

Suggs, who wore a full leg brace and an electronic stimulator in the locker room, is scheduled for a magnetic resonance imaging exam on Tuesday.

Suggs simply stated, “It’s all right,” before heading to the team buses.

Guest BallTMore
I don't know why but I have a feeling of an upset. I think we can run the ball on them and will make a concerted effort to do so. With Mathis and Freeney I don't think passing the ball is such a good idea. Let's pound the ball, especially since Bob Sanders is out.

Don't do this to yourself. lol

We always think we can run the ball on the Colts. Never happens. We think we can pass on the Colts. Doesn't happen. What happens is the Colts defense, no matter the injuries or ranking, looks like it moving at 100MPH while we're stuck in neutral.

And we all know what Peyton Manning has done against out best defenses. He's going to light us up, no question.

I think we can run on them. I always think we have the ability to run on them. Our failure to do so in recent years has, in my opinion, as much to do with crappy game planning as anything else.

Unfortunately... watching our gameplanning this year, and how we seem to be all 2nd half and no 1st half... I don't have any expectation that it will change.

But if we really wanted... if we put our freaking nose to the grindstone... Rice and McClain could eat up the Colts.

Dwight Freeney... think Jared Allen... draw play, let him over commit... run past it.

We always think we can run the ball on the Colts. Never happens. We think we can pass on the Colts. Doesn't happen. What happens is the Colts defense, no matter the injuries or ranking, looks like it moving at 100MPH while we're stuck in neutral.

And we all know what Peyton Manning has done against out best defenses. He's going to light us up, no question.

This time the Colts are without Bob Sanders and Marlin Jackson. Especially Sanders has given us trouble in the past, this time we do not have to deal with him. I do see your point, that is why I am not going into this game with expectations, I just have a feeling we will be able to hang around.

I think we can run on them. I always think we have the ability to run on them. Our failure to do so in recent years has, in my opinion, as much to do with crappy game planning as anything else.

Unfortunately... watching our gameplanning this year, and how we seem to be all 2nd half and no 1st half... I don't have any expectation that it will change.

But if we really wanted... if we put our freaking nose to the grindstone... Rice and McClain could eat up the Colts.

Dwight Freeney... think Jared Allen... draw play, let him over commit... run past it.

The draw play has become our best running play, I am sure we will see it on Sunday. About the gameplanning, how about last night? Flacco only threw the ball 18 times where as we ran the ball near 40 times. For all the complaining about our offense, we stuck to the run. We just need our receivers to get open against the Colts and hold onto the ball (Clayton dropped a pass that could have gone for big yardage) and cut down on the penalties. More than anything, it was the offsides and holding penalties that killed our drives. If we can play disciplined on offense, I like our chances running the ball.

BallTMore :

You are spot on, dude. We wont run on tne Colts and Peyton will throw for 350 +, 4-5 TDs and a > 100 rating. Ray and Reed will look aging veterans. Not even close.

BallTMore :

You are spot on, dude. We wont run on tne Colts and Peyton will throw for 350 +, 4-5 TDs and a > 100 rating. Ray and Reed will look aging veterans. Not even close.

You like targeting Ed and Ray, don't you? I am not sure why these two guys would be the first people you target in saying Peyton is going to have an amazing game. Myself, I would target Carr, Fabian, Foxworth, Landry, and Gooden (who got another concussion last night, I am starting to think this guy is fragile) as the responsible parties for the Colts potentially stomping us. Neither Ray or Ed looked like an "aging vet" last night. So if either of these guys has a bad game, does that automatically qualify them as an aging vet? What happens if Suggs or Ngata has a bad game? Does that just mean they suck? I have not seen anything out of Ray or Ed this season, outside of Ed's neck injury, that would make it seem like they have drastically lost a step. And so much for Ed's neck injury, he was out there in full force last night. The guys to, certainly not Ed or Ray.

Yes, stopping Peyton will be a challenge, but I do not think it will be as bad as you exaggerate. The key to beating the Colts is having a bend but do not break philosophy on defense. Peyton will get his yards, no doubt. When they get into the redzone however, we need to keep them to field goals. This is what will dictate whether or not we will have a chance to win.

On offense sticking to the running game will be a challenge against the Colts for their offense is so explosive and Cam will be tempted to play at their pace. However, it is critical we keep trying. The Colts defense starts strong, but will break. We might get stuffed the first two or three possessions. If we adbandon the run game, their defense wins and their Cover 2 will shutdown our passing game. Stick to the running game!

The only chance we have in this game is if we hit Manning so hard on the first play that he is looking out his earhole, thinks up is down, left is right, black is white etc.

It has already been mentioned, he has ripped apart our best D's so god knows what he is going to do against this one. However, if ever there was a chance for our secondary to prove themselves, now is the time.

I will be pulling for the upset.

The only chance we have in this game is if we hit Manning so hard on the first play that he is looking out his earhole, thinks up is down, left is right, black is white etc.

If we can start, the way we started vs Denver, and rattle Pay-A-Tons cage with a hit like JJ laid on Orton, it would send a message.

The patriots ran all over the Colts, lets take a page out of their book. Spread them out and let rice run out of the shotgun. This seems to be our best running style compared to a power formation.

I'm actually confident that we will beat the Colts. I think Cam tried a whole new style of playcalling agaisnt browns, alot of deep routes and it didn't work. We moved the ball well against the vikings who have a similar defense, we can do it again. Get pumped guys!