ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Seen Enough Of Gradkowski.....

rastaman831226

What bugs me is IMO GBs oline played worse and still got a 100 yrd rusher. Is it play design or personnel? Rice is a probowler... he has another probowler in Leach....it has to be design.

It's a combo of both, noone is playing well right now on the line but I think part of that is this stupid scheme Castillo installed. Our running game has never been this bad.

Did you see those holes Lacy was running through?

Hey Crav. Are you now willing to admit that Joe Flacco is not an elite QB?

Why? did you see Joes stats yesterday, he had a hell of a game...I dnt know what the problem is with this team..Now our receivers are catching passes and our running game has went to pot, o-line has went to hell..coaching has went to pot. Defense has stepped up, but they are getting no support from the O

Reality Check: Elite QB's make others around him better through the mastery of his position. At the Elite level, you don't hear complaints about O line play or over used buzz words like " separation " for receivers. These are excuses reserved for non Elite QB's that litter this game. Yesterday's game is a prime example of this. Aaron Rodgers, working with 2 rookie Tackles and only 2 healthy second tier WR's managed to pull off a victory against a Ravens' team that's playing lights out defence. That's Elite level quarterbacking. As to my personal opinion of Joe Flacco - Joe Flacco is a high maintenance above average QB and by high maintenance I mean he needs the oerfect O line, the perfect set of receivers and the perfect game plan to be successful. That's my opinion and your Reality Check.

• Upvote 2

Nothing will change the fact that Aaron Rodgers, an Elite QB, did much more with much less. Don't you agree?

Not at all.

Rodgers had a running game...147 yards worth at 43.7 yards per pop.

Joe's got 47 yards at 2.1 ypc.

Outside of Baltimore who ever heard of Marlon Brown and Tandon Doss. Joe made bthem look real good and they put up good numbers. Joe has a old TE nobody wanted in Clark and a TE who can't catch in Dickson...but he had a better day throwing than Rodgers with 1 more TD and no INT's.

Joe did more with less

I don't know what to say about Gradkowski's grade....

Besides Monroe and new center Gino Gradkowskiicon-article-link.gif, who got Pro Football Focus’ highest grade of any Ravens offensive lineman Sunday, the other change to the run game has been the addition of Run Game Coordinator Juan Castillo.

Harbaugh said Castillo’s alterations aren’t that drastic. But at this point, the way the Ravens have structured their run game and taught it could be changed.

“We’re not stuck on any particular scheme or any particular technique or any particular way of doing something,” Harbaugh said. “We want to find the best way to do it. We work hard at that and we’ll continue to do that.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Run-Scheme-Changes-May-Be-Coming/537fa353-95d5-401f-a11b-dac5e80261b0

Not at all.

Rodgers had a running game...147 yards worth at 43.7 yards per pop.

Joe's got 47 yards at 2.1 ypc.

Outside of Baltimore who ever heard of Marlon Brown and Tandon Doss. Joe made bthem look real good and they put up good numbers. Joe has a old TE nobody wanted in Clark and a TE who can't catch in Dickson...but he had a better day throwing than Rodgers with 1 more TD and no INT's.

Joe did more with less

Then you agree, Aaron Rodgers, the Elite QB did far more with far less. There's no room for disagreement.

Pretty much stuck with what you have a C for the season. The kid needed more than a yr to be mentored. That is what I was saying 3 yrs ago to draft Birk's replacement. Ozzie waited to long. There were some good solid centers in there that played higher than Delaware.

Perhaps not. Curious to see what happens with this O line after the bye. I just wanna see what Shipley can do. We already know what Gradkowski can and cannot do.

Perhaps not. Curious to see what happens with this O line after the bye. I just wanna see what Shipley can do. We already know what Gradkowski can and cannot do.

I can tell you what Shipley can't do, he can't beat out Ski, even though he's not a quality center.....I would like to bring in someone who could make us better right away too, but don't you think Ozzie is looking for that opportunity of right player, right price ?

It's not like he can call the player hotline and order a pro bowl center.....There's a little thing called the cap that limits that.....

So who do you suggest that he bring in to replace Ski with ?.....I sure would like to know....

Ravens Proud !!!!

I can tell you what Shipley can't do, he can't beat out Ski, even though he's not a quality center.....I would like to bring in someone who could make us better right away too, but don't you think Ozzie is looking for that opportunity of right player, right price ?

It's not like he can call the player hotline and order a pro bowl center.....There's a little thing called the cap that limits that.....

So who do you suggest that he bring in to replace Ski with ?.....I sure would like to know....

Ravens Proud !!!!

Where do you get this phantom player. If there was a good replacement out there he would be on a roster.

Where do you get this phantom player. If there was a good replacement out there he would be on a roster.

That's what I'm sayin.....Ski is the best we got to work with, if he can't make the plays, devise some away from him or something but you don't give up or put a worse player in because you're disappointed with this one....

Then you agree, Aaron Rodgers, the Elite QB did far more with far less. There's no room for disagreement.

I see you agree with me that Rodgers hand far more to work with than Joe

Found one!

ace+ventura.jpg

Castillo will use this run blocking scheme Sunday against the Steelers...

Corbis-U713766INP.jpg?size=67&uid=86485f

Edited by vmax

Yanda and KO should be there to give him a hand until he can do it himself.

That's the big problem with this O line. KO and Yanda are required to help Gradkowski too much and that's taken away from their individual games. Both Yanda and KO are excellent blockers at the first level ( opposing D line ) and second level of defences ( inside LB's ). When both Yanda and KO are stuck at the first level helping Gradkowski, holes close quickly and running lanes vanish which means no yardage for Rice and Pearce which in turn leads to a predictable offense with Joe Flacco having to air it out 50 times a game in a losing effort. The problem with this offense all too obvious - it's the offensive line and the problem with this offensive line is all too obvious - it's Gradkowski, who is too small, too inexperienced, and too soft to play the C position at this level. Shipley appears to be over his preseason hip injury - it's time to give this vet a shot.