ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Packers Game

varaven45

Yardage wise (which is the common measurement for determining the best offense and defense) the Packers give up the fewest yards a game at 281.5. So technically they have the best defense in the league. While they have given up 21 passing TDs, they have 18 INTs. They play a lot of bump and run single coverage, so there are plays to be made in the passing game, but there is just as much of a chance for turning the ball over. The Packers lead the NFL with a take-away/give-away ratio of +17.

Basically, the Packers' secondary is what ours was when our defense was at the top.

Do you even enjoy being a Ravens fan? All you do is bash the team and according to you we never have a chance to win. I don't understand how there are Ravens fans that cannot even enjoy a win against the Steelers. As for Landry, he played very well last night, and the week before against the Colts. These guys are not giving a lazy effort, our team has played their heart out the past few weeks. The bottom line is that we have been in every single game this season right down to the end, why should that change this week? I will take my chances knowing we have a chance to win it in the end.

No I expected the win when I saw Ben got knocked silly. I just call a spade a spade with reguard to the team. If they are unpreparred then I will call the team on it.

Must win game

Absolutely..No weather excuses either, 30 degrees expected and flurries..

This is the next step in our stepping stone, than we get a couple of weeks of less than average talent NFL Teams. 9-6 heading into Pittsville.

I hope we don't have 6 losses going into Pitt. If we beat Green Bay we'd be 9-5 going into Pittsburgh unless we lose to Chicago or Detroit, which would probably kill our chances (our last game of the season is not against Pitt, its against Oakland)

I think if we beat Green Bay, we go in 9-5 with a chance to clinch with a win over Pittsburgh. I think we lose that game and clinch the next week against Oakland.

Oooops you right 9-5 heading into Pittsville..

Amazing, Green Bay has a victory over 1 team with a winning record, and thats Dallas.

Crav, why dont you guys order your Super Bowl tickets while you are at it ?

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves here and your expectations for the next 5 games (while very desirable) are unrealistic, given the team's .500 level of play this year and inability to win big games on the road.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer but I am not seeing the win at either GB or Pitt. Even the seemingly easy wins vs Detroit, Chi town and Oakland may be tough. We could easily stub our toes at any one of those games- see Cincy Oakland game last month.

Lets see what happens Monday night and whether we can unleash the 3 headed monster.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves here and your expectations for the next 5 games (while very desirable) are unrealistic, given the team's .500 level of play this year and inability to win big games on the road.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer but I am not seeing the win at either GB or Pitt. Even the seemingly easy wins vs Detroit, Chi town and Oakland may be tough. We could easily stub our toes at any one of those games- see Cincy Oakland game last month.

Lets see what happens Monday night and whether we can unleash the 3 headed monster.

I see what you are saying VA, and I agree that we cannot get ahead of ourselves, but Crav has a good point. Green Bay has one win against a .500 team and loses to Cincy, Minnesota (twice), and TB. With the exception of TB, does that sound familiar? Green Bay is very much in the same boat as us. They have beat up on the easier teams (with the exception of TB, again), and have had trouble closing out games against the more difficult teams. We do have wins against Denver, SD, and Pittsburgh, though (I think people forget this sometimes). What I am getting at is this should be a very good game that is basically a toss-up between two teams that have had a similar season.

Harbaugh has never had trouble beating below-.500 teams, Detroit, Chicago, and Oakland will be *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***s. We have dominated inferior competition this season.

I'd love to order Super Bowl Tickets, Miami in February....

Now, back to reality here. How are you not seeing a victory in GB? Rogers has been sacked 44 times, They have beat 1 decent team in Dallas, and I say decent lightly, honestly they suck. Ravens have held the opposition to 17 are fewer points 5 consecutive games.

By no means are we going to blow them out, but I dont see this game being close either..Rogers padded his stats vs Detroit 2x, Leaveland, Chicago, The Rams, Tampa..

I'm hearing it will be in the teens come gametime....maybe flurries or light snow.

When was the last time we saw the Ravens play and win in the snow?

This is no walk in the park.

Ravens on MNF???...another albatros.

21 teams have more sacks than the Ravens so without Suggs it looks like Rodgers won't have to worry.

I'm not feeling good about this game. It's a must win to me because I feel even worse about the Ravens chances at Pittsburgh.

The Ravens have to go all out...break out everything....have the perfect gameplan and execute it.

Except that every team gets to Rodgers these days, Max... it shouldn't take Suggs.

I liken GB to the Ravens of last year... remember, the Ravens last year didn't win a game against a team with a winning record/a team heading to the playoffs until they beat what, Philly or Dallas? And our stats were inflated by games against Cincy and Cle and the like...

GB is much the same. Not good at beating good teams. Getting stats by beating bad teams. That's not to say we can take them lightly by any means... but it is to say that they are exceptionally beatable, and you need look no further than TB to see it.

Meanwhile, this year, the Ravens have had a much tougher schedule than last year. That plays largely into our record. Last year the Ravens played one of the easiest schedules in the league. This year, they might play the toughest (only we could pull NE and Indy AGAIN thanks to their 2nd place finishes).

Cam doesn't think the weather will be a problem...

On if the weather has an impact on the game plan: I think maybe wind, wind can. But you really, our systems built… You can say its weatherproof. We build a weatherproof system, if there is such a thing. You want to be able to, in this division, you better be able to function in all types of conditions. Were definitely not an indoor team. Indoor teams, I think, are built different. Were an outdoor, bad-weather team. We like to think we can handle those conditions, so I think our guys have kind of, especially those of us that have been up there before, players and coaches are all kind of excited for the challenge, because its a little bit different from some of the other places you play.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/12/Transcript_120409.aspx

Edited by vmax

If anything, the weather should help us. Joe is a big QB with big hands. Remember that pre-draft workout with Joe where he threw the ball outside in the wind and rain infront of Cam and Hue? That is why we drafted Joe. Hopefully we will not even need to pass the ball that much. Wind is good, anything that could slow down the Packers passing attack.

BTW, I saw this on the scout board, I thought it was an interesting comparison:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=5261439

Except that every team gets to Rodgers these days, Max... it shouldn't take Suggs.

I liken GB to the Ravens of last year... remember, the Ravens last year didn't win a game against a team with a winning record/a team heading to the playoffs until they beat what, Philly or Dallas? And our stats were inflated by games against Cincy and Cle and the like...

GB is much the same. Not good at beating good teams. Getting stats by beating bad teams. That's not to say we can take them lightly by any means... but it is to say that they are exceptionally beatable, and you need look no further than TB to see it.

Meanwhile, this year, the Ravens have had a much tougher schedule than last year. That plays largely into our record. Last year the Ravens played one of the easiest schedules in the league. This year, they might play the toughest (only we could pull NE and Indy AGAIN thanks to their 2nd place finishes).

Is this some kind of joke? How is it possible when our opponents had more W than L last year?

NFC East and AFC South was and is better than NFC N and AFC W, and then the SB champs and Phins who btw will have at least as many wins as Pats this year, sure Cincy and Browns was bad except from them it was only Jax and Raiders who was not very good last year... Only six games last year with teams who lost more than they won.

Do you even enjoy being a Ravens fan? All you do is bash the team and according to you we never have a chance to win. I don't understand how there are Ravens fans that cannot even enjoy a win against the Steelers. As for Landry, he played very well last night, and the week before against the Colts. These guys are not giving a lazy effort, our team has played their heart out the past few weeks. The bottom line is that we have been in every single game this season right down to the end, why should that change this week? I will take my chances knowing we have a chance to win it in the end.

So did you self delusion get the outcome tou were looking for? I hope you had the performance that was expected.

Other great self delusion.

It's just one beer.--Said by the recovering alcoholic

I won't be addicted to cocaine.--Said by the fool

Hitler won't attack we have a treaty.--Stalin

• Downvote 2

So did you self delusion get the outcome tou were looking for? I hope you had the performance that was expected.

Other great self delusion.

It's just one beer.--Said by the recovering alcoholic

I won't be addicted to cocaine.--Said by the fool

Hitler won't attack we have a treaty.--Stalin

I don't see how I am delusional. One loss, big whoop. Bottom line is that my point stands, the guys are giving 100% effort out there and have been in every game this season till the end. So yes, I did get the performance I expected. Like I said, I'll take my chances down 10 against a great team with the ball on the 1-yard line anyday of the week. Good job pulling a quote from two weeks ago, my point still stands. I enjoyed the game, and when we lost I didn't think about it twice. You seem to be in denial with this team. Not only do you go into games thinking we will lose, you are obviously still mad days after we lose even though you expected it. Sucks to be you.

You pull my question two weeks later but didn't answer. So, what do you get out of being a Ravens fan? Do you even enjoy it?

• Upvote 1

Papa... my big question for you then is simple:

Do the Bengals deserve to be AFC North Champs this year? Did they build a team that, preseason, you said was playoff bound?

The Cardinals last year? Did they put together the finest team $ has to offer?

I agree that wishing and hoping are not all that plays into it... but, there's a difference between wishing and optimism. Again, all but a pair of the Ravens losses have been very, very close (@Bengals and Pack were not as close). And if you really believe that we judge teams more on their make-up that gameday, then I say they deserve more credit than you are giving. Because regardless of the apparent 'level' of play... they are a few plays away from 11-2. Simple as that.

Do the Bengals deserve to be AFC North Champs this year?

Im not crowning them, the team is in disaray, Palmer is hurt, or hes playing like hes hurt. They will lose to San Diego, KC took care of Pittsville, no reason they wont take care of an unraveling Bungle team, and they will more than likely lose to the Jets..

Bengals will be the first team in the history of the NFL to sweep their division and not win their division.

Do the Bengals deserve to be AFC North Champs this year?

Im not crowning them, the team is in disaray, Palmer is hurt, or hes playing like hes hurt. They will lose to San Diego, KC took care of Pittsville, no reason they wont take care of an unraveling Bungle team, and they will more than likely lose to the Jets..

Bengals will be the first team in the history of the NFL to sweep their division and not win their division.

matheson.jpg"Kepp pounding that drum crav. The more you say it, the more believable it gets." :)

Well, win it in a few weeks or not... they are leading it now.

By Papa's logic, before the season started we should have all been able to see them in this position because they 'created' that team before the season started.

But the plays and decisions in the game matter - and sometimes a 7-6 team is a lot closer to the team ahead by 3 games than the team behind by 3 games.