For the Ravens current record... What would it be.... Out of 100%

20% Coaching/FO

20% Offensive line

15% Running Backs

15% Flacco's play

15% Defense (Run D)

15% WR/TE

Reasoning:

Coaching: Ozzie and Harbs made some major blunders going into camp and the start of the season. #1 was not finding a reasonable center to challenge Gino. #2 was thinking VS or Dallas Clark could fill in for PItta, Dickson is who we think he is. #3 the McClain fiasco..Oz was lucky DSmith worked out so well. #4 Harbs stomping out all personality in the locker room. #5 Harbs giving Castillo reigns over the Oline

Offensive line: The retirement of Birk cant be understated. I don't think Gino has the smarts to make the line calls. With KO's injury meaning Shipley/Gino combo is a serious danger to Joe. Anyone notice how many blitz's came straight up the middle? Jah Reid was always a waste IMO.. the Ed Dickson of the Oline.

Running Backs: It's too easy to blame all the RB's problem on the Oline. Rice cant make guys miss on single tacklers. Lots of hesitation on making cuts. We have a probowl FB in Leach who seldom is used. We also to two extra backs in Juice and the other guy. Its seems that its either Pierce or Rice.. and both seem used up

Flacco's Play: Joe deserves some to the blame for the current state of the team. Staring down receivers, making bad reads, and a lack of pocket awareness are on him. The tip pass interceptions and the one from Cincy were Brown fell down are on the receivers. IDK why Joe is under throwing deep balls this year. He's also throwing into double coverage a lot. Defenses are adapting to TSmith and Joe needs to go into the underneath routes to up up the deep ones for Torrey.

Defense (Run D): Just going by our record.. do you think we could have won a couple of those close games if the run D showed up? Buf,GB,Pit maybe we win one or two of those games and this team is .500

WR/TE: Dallas Clark is way past his prime. I understand losing speed with age...but losing your hands? Doss as a return guy has been good (minus that one drop) but isn't seen in the passing game. Thompson been a no show too. Jones had a thing with Joe in the Denver but seems to be rusty since the injury. Torrey's worth his weight in gold. He has his problems but what can you expect for being the only real receiver on the team

• Upvote 2

For the Ravens current record... What would it be.... Out of 100%

20% Coaching/FO

20% Offensive line

15% Running Backs

15% Flacco's play

15% Defense (Run D)

15% WR/TE

Reasoning:

Coaching: Ozzie and Harbs made some major blunders going into camp and the start of the season. #1 was not finding a reasonable center to challenge Gino. #2 was thinking VS or Dallas Clark could fill in for PItta, Dickson is who we think he is. #3 the McClain fiasco..Oz was lucky DSmith worked out so well. #4 Harbs stomping out all personality in the locker room. #5 Harbs giving Castillo reigns over the Oline

Offensive line: The retirement of Birk cant be understated. I don't think Gino has the smarts to make the line calls. With KO's injury meaning Shipley/Gino combo is a serious danger to Joe. Anyone notice how many blitz's came straight up the middle? Jah Reid was always a waste IMO.. the Ed Dickson of the Oline.

Running Backs: It's too easy to blame all the RB's problem on the Oline. Rice cant make guys miss on single tacklers. Lots of hesitation on making cuts. We have a probowl FB in Leach who seldom is used. We also to two extra backs in Juice and the other guy. Its seems that its either Pierce or Rice.. and both seem used up

Flacco's Play: Joe deserves some to the blame for the current state of the team. Staring down receivers, making bad reads, and a lack of pocket awareness are on him. The tip pass interceptions and the one from Cincy were Brown fell down are on the receivers. IDK why Joe is under throwing deep balls this year. He's also throwing into double coverage a lot. Defenses are adapting to TSmith and Joe needs to go into the underneath routes to up up the deep ones for Torrey.

Defense (Run D): Just going by our record.. do you think we could have won a couple of those close games if the run D showed up? Buf,GB,Pit maybe we win one or two of those games and this team is .500

WR/TE: Dallas Clark is way past his prime. I understand losing speed with age...but losing your hands? Doss as a return guy has been good (minus that one drop) but isn't seen in the passing game. Thompson been a no show too. Jones had a thing with Joe in the Denver but seems to be rusty since the injury. Torrey's worth his weight in gold. He has his problems but what can you expect for being the only real receiver on the team

I think you are about right.

You can't just replace Pitta. By the point he was injured the good TE's were signed. You can only look around the trash heap.

Gino maybe thinking to much. It really is unfair to have a kid from Del in and then be a starter after 1 yr. Ozzie should have found Birk's replacement a couple of yrs earlier. I had said it at tthe time. I was shockked when he never used a late pick on a center. That is a glaring hole in Ozzie's style. Not project need into the future.

Ray's skills are eroding. That is the nature of RB's. Again projecting into the future.

Joe has never been real accurate. He has just had the WR with the experience to makeup for his shortcomings there. Joe is not a guy who can carry a team. He should not have been paid like one.

The DL is coming around. I didn't expect it to take this long. There was so much turnover on the D. They were never going to be the best right out of the box.

The WR's are young for the most part. Another yr and they will be much better. Also the kid from what Elon that was IRed has yet to get a regular season showing.

Excluding the Denver game the Ravens have lost by a total of 14 pts. If John could get an understanding of game mang there are wins there. You have the complete abandonment of the run game like in Buf. You have the poor use of challenges like the Denver no use which started the floodgates. You have the no taking points with the FG and promptly giving the ball back to give 3 to your oponent. They would be at lest 3 games better if he coached better. He should have burried a foot up Joe's ass at the end of the game when Joe was getting the ball with 10-12 secs left on each snap.

The TE was a real fail on Ozzie. Assuming both Pitta and Dickson were our starting #1 and #2, both were in their last year. You know one of them at least would be gone...maybe both. Zero hindsight on Ozzie's part to draft someone in the mid rounds to at least fill in as #3

The Dline comment was more aimed at Ngata/Cody. Ngata is being paid to be the monster he was years ago.

I will go 25% each on the coaching staff, offensive line and RBs for the abysmal running game (which is by far the biggest reason this team is where it is). I will put 10% each on Flacco and Ngata. I'll give 5% to Koch.

What about the defense? The PIt, GB and Browns games were within reach only to have the D fold.

What about the defense? The PIt, GB and Browns games were within reach only to have the D fold.

The only game I was really disappointed in the D (besides the Denver 2nd half), was Pittsburgh. For the most part, I have been extremely pleased. I did place blame on Ngata though. He needs to be more of a disruptive force inside.

"20% Coaching/FO

20% Offensive line

15% Running Backs

15% Flacco's play

15% Defense (Run D)

15% WR/TE"

Those are pretty accurate. I think I'd break it out like this:

20% Coaching/F.O.

30% OL

15% RB's

15% Flacco

5% Defense

15% WR's and TE.

The coaching of the team as a whole has been piss poor. Bad decisions were made on the Center position (Gino can't play at this level because he lacks the physicality). The OL coach has been unable to teach them what to do. Castillo's a big part of this and I think they're having trouble changing gears. The whole idea of a Run Game Coordinator was stupid. Caldwell about whom I was singing praises in the playoffs looks like he forgot how to game plan and doesn't adjust fast enough to the offense's weaknesses. The Defense hasn't been that bad to me and has suffered from being on the field too much because the offense can't generate enough drives. Ray Rice is done. Pierce may be getting better because he's healed. Joe hasn't been as good as his play over the previous seasons. I have to rate his results so far as below average. The WR's and TE's have dropped a ton of his passes though and it's hard to pass effectively when you're being sacked and hit by the opposing defenses.

50% Injuries.

Pita...out. They have no TE.

Yanda....he is maybe 70% as far as having his strength back after surgery.

Osemele...the back made him 50%. He was a beast last year.

Jones.....the knee injury set him back.

Ray Rice is injured.

Pierce is injured....they are trying to hide it.

Donte Thompson missed valuable time.

Stokely...out...he might have made a difference.

Ngata has played hurt....same for Canty. Jones and Williams have missed valuable time.

Webb took time to get back in form.

25% on the huge roster turnover and youth movement...needed to stay competitive in this era of the CAP and Parity.

20% on coaching staff...lot of reasons why...but don't pound on them too much because with the injuries and roster turnover they have a huge mountain to climb to build a rock solid playoff contender. You don't get great chemistry and communication over night

5%...simple bad luck..."that's the way the ball bounces"...this evens out over time because last year, the Ravens had a lot of good fortune despite all the injuries.

The TE was a real fail on Ozzie. Assuming both Pitta and Dickson were our starting #1 and #2, both were in their last year. You know one of them at least would be gone...maybe both. Zero hindsight on Ozzie's part to draft someone in the mid rounds to at least fill in as #3

The Dline comment was more aimed at Ngata/Cody. Ngata is being paid to be the monster he was years ago.

This is the last yr that the Ravens have control of both. I would expect that he planned to replace Dickson after this season. He had no way of knowing Pitta would go down to a totally freak injury.

Good topic

35% Oline - the #1 culprit. The pitiful play has infected the whole offense and offense is what is killing this team. Ray and Piece have no room to run, and Joe has no time to go through his progressions or get comfortable enough to make plays consistently. He never knows when he's going to get creamed on a delayed blitz up the middle due to the leaky pass defense.

20% Tight Ends - We are used to running the O out of a 2 tight end set but can't because these guys suck so bad. Ed Dickson is such a disappointment. You blow a great opportunity and lose the starting gig to Pitta, then fortune hands you a second chance and you still can't establish yourself against a past his prime Dallas Clark? Dallas Clark isn't Dennis Pitta, but at least he is proving to be somewhat of an asset (unlike you Dickson!). If they did WAR in football Dickson would be a -9

15% Coaching - Harbs, Caldwell, and Castillo have been unable to fix this mess of an offense. In game coaching has been spotty. Like some have mentioned, I think we beat GB if Harbs makes better decisions in that game. Failing to challenge in Denver was inexcusable, though we lose that anyway. I do like that they (in conjunction with the FO) have moved quickly to get rid of losers like Mickinnie and Huff.

10% Running Backs - Rice either celebrated too much in the offseason and hasn't prepared like in years past, or he is done. I hope it's the former. I don't think he is hurt because he sucked before the hip flexor injury. Pierce can't stay healthy enough to take over full time for Rice.

10% Joe - He has to step up his game and find ways to start faster. Seeing some regression on his accuracy on deep passes though I contribute a lot of that to not being comfortable in the pocket. His play in buffalo was bad, and he was very disappointing in a game we needed to have vs Cleveland. He is not to blame for most of the offense woes but he hasn't stepped up enough and needs to be a bigger part of the solution.

10% Defense - I don't blame this group much for the state of the Ravens but they can still improve. The Run D needs to improve Webb had a good game vs Cinci and I think against Pitt, but other than that he has been inconsistent. Daryl Smith, Suggs, Arthur Jones have been solid. The overall pass rush has been great. Overall they need to generate more turnovers and improve late in games with the game on the line.

this is all wrong

simply all wrong

people we are talking sports here

SPORTS I tell you

it's never 100%

it's always 110 % or 120%

we're talking athletes :kool:

it still amazing how our two teams have soooooo much in common

except for lombardis

sry had to

this is all wrong

simply all wrong

people we are talking sports here

SPORTS I tell you

it's never 100%

it's always 110 % or 120%

we're talking athletes :kool:

it still amazing how our two teams have soooooo much in common

except for lombardis

sry had to

Yea we know 6 > 5

I'd go 90% on Harbs, 5% on Joe, 5% on Rice for claiming hes better when he is not

I will give 5% on Joe, he has missed more then a few throws, BUT.

I will let you have your 5% with Rice BUT.

Given the way the o-line has played I am sure Joe MIGHT be a little gun shy, fearing for his life, so on.

We see that Rice doesn't make that first guy miss anymore BUT we also seen him get the ball 1,2 and 3 guys are on top of in the back field.

As a head coach if you can't see, "hey this o line really stinks."

I guess you can give 1% to TE Dickson but the other TE Clark is on the OC, that is his guy, I am sure he went to the head coach telling him this is a guy that can really help this team.

We will have to wait till the season is in the tank before we see Furstenburg or Ryan Jensen?

What is a run game coordinator?

If we were 7-2 and asked the same question ? none of you people would even give the o-line 1% of the credit. You'd all be on here raving about what Joe is doing and not even mention how much time he had, i know because during the playoff run not one of you mentioned anything about the O-line when Flacco was hot, now that joe is playing like a bum the o-line gets more blame than Joe.the most important position on the team is QB, hence that position should get most of the blame. Joe 100% of the blame. When is Joe going to start earning all of that money, a better question is, when are you people going to start requiring Joe to earn his money. If Joe requires great pass protection, great wr's, great running game and a stingy defense to win games then we don't need Joe, Gino Smith could get the job done. furthermore, how are we going to get this complete team with a QB taking up so much of the Cap. yes i know, Joe doesn't count but so much against the cap this year and look what he doing with his best oppurtunity to succeed under his contract, NOTHING.

If we were 7-2 and asked the same question ? none of you people would even give the o-line 1% of the credit. You'd all be on here raving about what Joe is doing and not even mention how much time he had, i know because during the playoff run not one of you mentioned anything about the O-line when Flacco was hot, now that joe is playing like a bum the o-line gets more blame than Joe.the most important position on the team is QB, hence that position should get most of the blame. Joe 100% of the blame. When is Joe going to start earning all of that money, a better question is, when are you people going to start requiring Joe to earn his money. If Joe requires great pass protection, great wr's, great running game and a stingy defense to win games then we don't need Joe, Gino Smith could get the job done. furthermore, how are we going to get this complete team with a QB taking up so much of the Cap. yes i know, Joe doesn't count but so much against the cap this year and look what he doing with his best oppurtunity to succeed under his contract, NOTHING.

It must really burn you Troy, that a guy like Joe Flacco gets in the playoffs every year of his NFL tenure and bumped you out of Baltimore, allowing him to get a millions of dollar contract. Then a guy like Matt Flynn get millions of dollars to be a back-up and continually get signed, sometimes three times in the same season, to an NFL contract and yet you're one and done in the playoffs in Canada. Does the exchange rate suck? I'm sure what you got paid there is the equivalent here...right?

Joe is our guy...a Raven. His contract is what it is.

So now I see. In other words this is a person I should block?

14271.jpg "Not necessarily....if you like reading the same thing over and over and are into obsessive/compulsive behavior, then he's a good read."

Simpleton.

14271.jpg "Not necessarily....if you like reading the same thing over and over and are into obsessive/compulsive behavior, then he's a good read."

The only thing obsessive and compulsive around here are the groupies love affair with an overpaid underachieving QB. Flacco 100% the reason we are 4-5 no matter how you people try and spin it.