ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Screw the Wild Card

cravnravn

I think the offense is playing pretty well now Spen. Compared to where we started the season (3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out). The line is improving in pass blocking and Flacco is getting time to lauch some deep passes. Whether Flacco can improve his accuracy on them will be key down the stretch because Jones and Smith are consistently getting open.

As far as the division goes, I just don't think it's realistic. They have to win out and that aint happening.

I think the offense is playing pretty well now Spen. Compared to where we started the season (3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out). The line is improving in pass blocking and Flacco is getting time to lauch some deep passes. Whether Flacco can improve his accuracy on them will be key down the stretch because Jones and Smith are consistently getting open.

As far as the division goes, I just don't think it's realistic. They have to win out and that aint happening.

Overall I thought the offense played decent last night and thought Flacco played very well. However they still only put up 22 points and only scored one TD and had to settle for 5 FGs. If this was a just one game I would adopt the 'its the Steelers - tough game' mindset but this has happened all year. Their opponent was allowed to hang around longer than they should have been and the outcome was in doubt far later than it should have been.

I am happy we won, happy we are still alive in the p;ayoff race, but nothing I saw last night gave me any more confidence than I had before.

Let me add this...Flacco drive up and down the field between the 20's on a good defense. It pretty eZ to see what's missing "Red-Zone" offense and if /when Pitta steps on the field he is an automatic upgrade whether he catches a ball or not.

Defenses will have to cover him as if he will and it will loosen them up. If we had Pitta last night we win by minimum 10.

I love our chances Cincy ain't beating a surging SD in SD...or Pitt @ Pitt. We can win the division.

Obviously, I don't think we can expect a better record than 9-7. That means we need two more losses put on the Bengals before week 17. The Bengals / Chargers game will go along way towards determining what I am putting my hopes on. Whatever the outcome of that game, it both hurts and helps the Ravens.

Obviously, I don't think we can expect a better record than 9-7. That means we need two more losses put on the Bengals before week 17. The Bengals / Chargers game will go along way towards determining what I am putting my hopes on. Whatever the outcome of that game, it both hurts and helps the Ravens.

I was going to say...do we even want Cinci to lose that game? I would rather Cinci win and SD get another loss.

My overall takeaway is that honestly, either of the teams that played at M&T Bank Stadium Thursday night could make a lot of noise in the playoffs. The Steelers may be in too deep a hole, and have too many injuries to get there. The Ravens, on the other hand, have made this kind of run before. The New England Patriots have injury issues, the Kansas City Chiefs may not be as good as we all thought and Peyton Manning throwing in the cold is still very questionable. The Ravens have to get to the playoffs first, but if they do I think they can make a lot of noise again this year in a weak AFC.

http://thebaltimorewire.com/2013/11/29/outside-look-baltimore-ravens/

I concur.