ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cap and FA Situation

vmax

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our drafts aren't flashy... we'll get a DE/OLB to replace Suggs. Maybe a RT since they're alot of tackles in the draft.

We took Torrey in the 2nd rd. We took Rice in the 2nd rd. We went defense with the first 4 picks last year. We also drafted two DEs with Simon and Lewis-Moore. I would not be surprised at all if we go offense with the first 3 picks this year.

We took Torrey in the 2nd rd. We took Rice in the 2nd rd. We went defense with the first 4 picks last year. We also drafted two DEs with Simon and Lewis-Moore. I would not be surprised at all if we go offense with the first 3 picks this year.

I'm not saying we never draft offense...... Just knowing Oz's track history

Instead of going WR how about a big bodied TE..... Red Zone was horrible for us... Get Pitta and someone else to patrol the middle of the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgY1-xjk4E

Eric Ebron

This draft is deep for receiver and tight ends, any size wone wants. As for Thomas, slight frame, not sure he will hold up in the NFl, consistantly enough to warrent drafting him...

no one think that Suggs and Ngata will re-work their deals?

Agree, we just can't cut Suggs becaus of his cap number, he's still a force and he still demands double coverage. Cutting him will come back to haunt us.

Now cutting ngata that's a different story, he was too up and down since signing his deal

I'm not sure you can cut Ngata either as you would only save $1m on the cap because of dead money. I would much rather keep him around. Perhaps you can talk to him about reducing his salary and cap number.

Suggs' cap number is $12.4m and you would save $7.8m by cutting or trading him. I'm not sure that you want to extend him at this point unless it's for a very cap friendly deal. We already have Dumervil, with Upshaw and Simon ready to take more of a role at DE/OLB so that saving looks appealing.

I would hate to see him go but the business side of things is pointing to a parting of ways especially if we need the $ to sign O-Linemen.

I'm not sure you can cut Ngata either as you would only save $1m on the cap because of dead money. I would much rather keep him around. Perhaps you can talk to him about reducing his salary and cap number.

Suggs' cap number is $12.4m and you would save $7.8m by cutting or trading him. I'm not sure that you want to extend him at this point unless it's for a very cap friendly deal. We already have Dumervil, with Upshaw and Simon ready to take more of a role at DE/OLB so that saving looks appealing.

I would hate to see him go but the business side of things is pointing to a parting of ways especially if we need the $ to sign O-Linemen.

Dumervil is about to turn 30 and really didn't have a good year last year I wouldn't depend on him. If Suggs will rework his deal there is no way you let him go.

Agree, we just can't cut Suggs becaus of his cap number, he's still a force and he still demands double coverage. Cutting him will come back to haunt us.

Now cutting ngata that's a different story, he was too up and down since signing his deal

I think they try to trade him but if they can't I see him cut. They are not going to extend him now. His skills are going. He has had some major injuries lately.

You have to ride with Ngata. Get what production you can and move on.

Yeah Dumervil is cheaper and his production didn't drop off a cliff after the mid way point of the season. In an ideal world we can keep everyone but parity and the salary cap means we have to be getting production from every dollar and the production wasn't there from Suggs in the 2nd half of the season. Plus it's better to let him go a season too early as opposed to a season too late.

This was Suggs' year to step up and justify that contract and I don't think he came through. I think it's time to part ways. People are talking about Ngata and Rice, but Suggs is the only one that actually grants them a big chunk of cap relief. They also have already drafted his "possible" replacements.

I don't want the Ravens to renegotiate contracts. That is how Pittsburgh got into trouble.

Suggs has always been one of my favorite Ravens. I still think he's worth something...just not what he's getting now. I just hope the money we get for cutting him doesn't go towards wastes like Huff or Spears.

I think it would be more apt to go towards the OL or re-signing Daryl Smith.

Suggs has always been one of my favorite Ravens. I still think he's worth something...just not what he's getting now. I just hope the money we get for cutting him doesn't go towards wastes like Huff or Spears.

Don't worry. They'll give him to a team with a really solid roster for a 6th round pick.