ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mike Preston

Money

Here's a quote from Preston today in the Sun:

One other thing (hope you are reading this, Joe Flacco): Did anyone notice how many times Manning was able to draw the Chargers offside? That rarely happens with Flacco's monotone cadence because he doesn't appear to stagger the count.

Would anyone like to take a guess at which team caused the most neutral zone infractions this year? I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with the Zaltimore Zavens.

Good job Preston. You're reeaaalllllyyyyy on top of things. It's not like it's your job or anything.

• Upvote 2

I like Presto, but he's wrong on this.

He is wrong more times than right. He only writes to draw attention to his articles and the lemmings follow along.... He claims he knows football, claims he knows the team, but without his "inside info person" (usually disgruntled player) he is Srgt Shultz.......

It's a shame, because when he checks his ego at the door, he is actually capable of writing some decent articles. It's a shame that most of his crap is dripping with his hatred for parts of the organization.

He only hates one part, the part that did not hire him so many moons ago.... :sing:

He is a columnist so that is his job.

Well its the way he sees it, and its working for him. However there are plenty of sports writers who cover teams that do not have such adversarial relationships with the team. Many at least try to be objective.

He is a columnist so that is his job.

I have no problem with guys that write opinion pieces. What I don't like is guys that try to justify their opinions with incorrect facts. But I learned the best way to not be bothered by his fantasy world is to no longer read anything he does. My Ravens world is now a better place.

Well its the way he sees it, and its working for him. However there are plenty of sports writers who cover teams that do not have such adversarial relationships with the team. Many at least try to be objective.

A writer and a columnist are two different things. In 96 Preston was the beat guyy like Wilson or Zreibeck is now. Later he was made the columnist and now he gives opinion. He is there to spark debate. He is basically doing what Skip Bayless is payed to do but just not as rediculously as Skip does it.

A writer and a columnist are two different things. In 96 Preston was the beat guyy like Wilson or Zreibeck is now. Later he was made the columnist and now he gives opinion. He is there to spark debate. He is basically doing what Skip Bayless is payed to do but just not as rediculously as Skip does it.

Yeah there is a difference between a beat writer and a columnist but there are still some that are not as negative and antagonistic as Preston. I only know Bayless a little, just from clips and stories. To me he and Preston just say things to get attention whether its right or not, or even whether they believe it or not. It works and good for them some people love that stuff, its just boring to me and not worth my time.

No he is not a beat writer. He is a columnist. Again he is doing what Skip did in Chi at a paper there. The job of a columnist is to prod the public and push buttons.

It used to be to provide objective in-depth analysis. Schmuck does a good job of that for the Orioles.

Skip is national so you expect that, Preston is nothing more than a local beat writer that hates the city he works in

I don't think he hates the city he works in, I think it is the sport they have him covering.

Mike is an Essex boy, Go Blue Jays guy. He likes HS basket ball, lacrosse and field hockey.

I would say he likes football too. He did play it all the way to college.

He can like and play all the sports he wants, doesn't mean he likes Baltimore, I couldn't stand him since 2002 when he slammed the terps right after we won the national championship