ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No tag for Monroe

RavenousBG

Sea won the SB for 1 big reason. They had big talent on cheap contracts so they could have more talent than anyone else in the NFL. They had all the rookies and guys under rookie deals. Avril and Bennett signed dirt cheap FA deals and now will get big deals. Getting guys who outplay their contracts is required to be great.

• Upvote 1

Sea won the SB for 1 big reason. They had big talent on cheap contracts so they could have more talent than anyone else in the NFL. They had all the rookies and guys under rookie deals. Avril and Bennett signed dirt cheap FA deals and now will get big deals. Getting guys who outplay their contracts is required to be great.

I'm tired of that approach with the LT position. I'm tired of the Gaithers, Ohers and McKinnies. All the bitching about those guys over the years (totally justified) and people want the Ravens to try the same approach again and just hope for a different result? Sorry...I'm ready for a different approach, especially with the investment in Joe. There are other positions you go cheap on. RB, WR (except your #1 guy) and RT.

A damn good LT costs damn good money. Damn good means that you do not have to worry about your QB getting wasted from that side of the line and that you can run to that side with authority. The players who can do that cost serious money.

This is one spot where you can't go cheap. If they spend the money, than whatever player they get, better be the solution for the next 4-5 years.

And...we're spoiled after watching Ogden all those years.

The Big "If" is Osemele. "If" he comes back 100%, then the Ravens are set at the guard position. Really solid.

Now...build on that.

Forget about moving Osemele to RT or LT. Get 2 guys who are maulers at those positions...then you have 4 maulers.

Find a center.

And...we're spoiled after watching Ogden all those years.

The Big "If" is Osemele. "If" he comes back 100%, then the Ravens are set at the guard position. Really solid.

Now...build on that.

Forget about moving Osemele to RT or LT. Get 2 guys who are maulers at those positions...then you have 4 maulers.

Find a center.

I totally agree with your assessment about Ogden.

They don't want maulers on the line in this system.

I totally agree with your assessment about Ogden.

They don't want maulers on the line in this system.

That's what bothers me.

The Ravens may not have had good offenses in the past but they were never bullied and they frequently wore out defenses by the 4th quarter.

They were bullied and pushed around the whole season last year. They "finessed" themselves right to the bottom.

I want maulers.

Edited by vmax

I'm tired of that approach with the LT position. I'm tired of the Gaithers, Ohers and McKinnies. All the bitching about those guys over the years (totally justified) and people want the Ravens to try the same approach again and just hope for a different result? Sorry...I'm ready for a different approach, especially with the investment in Joe. There are other positions you go cheap on. RB, WR (except your #1 guy) and RT.

Money, I think you're winning me over but Monroe will get more money elsewhere. I get the feeling he wants to get the real big payday and will go anywhere to get it. What is your upper limit for an offer by the Ravens to him?

That's what bothers me.

The Ravens may not have had good offenses in the past but they were never bullied and they frequently wore out defenses by the 4th quarter.

They were bullied and pushed around the whole season last year. They "finessed" themselves right to the bottom.

I want maulers.

I agree. I don't like finesse. I like guys who beat the piss out of the other side.

Money, I think you're winning me over but Monroe will get more money elsewhere. I get the feeling he wants to get the real big payday and will go anywhere to get it. What is your upper limit for an offer by the Ravens to him?

I can't blame him. This is his chance and maybe only chance at a big payday.

That kid Zack Martin trading back they could go get Morgan Moses out of UVA. David Yankey, Cyril Richardsoncan, Bama's OT be had in the 3rd. Antonio Richardson or Billy Turner in the 4th. Henderson out of the U and James Hurst in the 5th. Maybe not all of them can start day 1 but they all could start in time.

That kid Zack Martin trading back they could go get Morgan Moses out of UVA. David Yankey, Cyril Richardsoncan, Bama's OT be had in the 3rd. Antonio Richardson or Billy Turner in the 4th. Henderson out of the U and James Hurst in the 5th. Maybe not all of them can start day 1 but they all could start in time.

I've had my eye on Martin. He could probably start from what I've heard.

I don't know any of the others.

I think they have to pick up a tackle, probably right tackle, in FA.

Sorry. LT shouldn't be first pick when we have one, we need too many other positions, center, wr, RB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/09/all-signs-point-to-branden-albert-signing-with-the-dolphins/

All signs point to Branden Albert signing with the Dolphins

Last year, the Dolphins nearly traded for Chiefs tackle Branden Albert. This year, they need only to make a deal with Albert himself.

Per a league source, all signs currently point to Albert signing with the Dolphins not long after the market officially opens on Tuesday.

Albert instantly would be installed as the left tackle in Miami, succeeding Bryant McKinnie. Who replaced Jonathan Martin. Who replaced Jake Long.

Like Long, Albert was a first-round pick in 2008. After his rookie contract expired, Albert played in 2013 under the franchise tag.

If/when (when) Albert leaves the Chiefs, it’s possible that right tackle Eric Fisher, the first pick in the 2013 draft, will flip to the left side. It’s also possible that Fisher will stay on the right side and Donald Stephenson, who started seven games last year, will play the left side.

So the Ravens get a little more leverage if this goes down.

It looks like you know your stuff Smurf and you could be right but what do you propose we do while waiting for any of them to develope into a starter to keep Joe off of crutches ??

Papa's made some good points. This is a deep draft class and it should be possible to wind up with a LT, WR, C, and RB though I am not sure what the sequence will be. I don't know about FS, though.

OldSchool, you've got a good point too about how are we going to protect Joe while our new tackles are learning. I'm worried about that but Papa may be right about Kubs offense and the quick drops/releases.

We still need a running game. I hope Castillo gets his act together this year.

Papa's made some good points. This is a deep draft class and it should be possible to wind up with a LT, WR, C, and RB though I am not sure what the sequence will be. I don't know about FS, though.

OldSchool, you've got a good point too about how are we going to protect Joe while our new tackles are learning. I'm worried about that but Papa may be right about Kubs offense and the quick drops/releases.

We still need a running game. I hope Castillo gets his act together this year.

The wr is thick in the draft, that's about it, I don't see it thick on the o line, pay Monroe and we get a lineman later at center or guard