ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No tag for Monroe

RavenousBG

Money, I think you're winning me over but Monroe will get more money elsewhere. I get the feeling he wants to get the real big payday and will go anywhere to get it. What is your upper limit for an offer by the Ravens to him?

It's tough for me to place a dollar amount on what they should pay without any of the other guys at that position being signed. Things are looking positive at the moment. It looks like the Dolphins have their sights set on Albert. They are the team in the LT hunt with the deep pockets. It would really help if they are not in the bidding war for Monroe. I think it's a huge mistake on their part to pick Albert over Monroe, but it wouldn't be that organization's first mistake. It also simply might not be true. It wasn't that long ago that we heard that Monroe was Miami's guy, so who knows what they are really thinking.

Papa's made some good points. This is a deep draft class and it should be possible to wind up with a LT, WR, C, and RB though I am not sure what the sequence will be. I don't know about FS, though.

OldSchool, you've got a good point too about how are we going to protect Joe while our new tackles are learning. I'm worried about that but Papa may be right about Kubs offense and the quick drops/releases.

We still need a running game. I hope Castillo gets his act together this year.

Castillo is my biggest concern along with Ray Rice in the running game.....I don't believe by what I saw all last season that Ray has it anymore and if he does, Castillo don't know how to use it......Kubes does tho, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cas got sent for coffee and donuts for much of the season while the Rubiks Kube takes over....Can't wait !!

Could be Miami are trying to force Monroe's price down by declaring their interest in Albert. This renewed talk about us resigning Monroe could be something to do with teams talking to him but no one is willing to pay what he is looking (Perhaps teams are starting to get wise with their FA spending again) and so the Ravens offer might not be looking too bad now and with a little bit of movement on the offer from Ozzie we could get him back.

This is why I said do not pay him a big deal early. Allow the market to set his value. If that value is to high walk. I heard something recently that a GM would basically injoy the time off in the openning days of FA while the idiot teams wasted their money overspending. It is very true. I can't think of how many times I have read here why Ozzie isn't doing anything ( same with Duquette) when FA opens.

We normally don't have much cap space to do anything with, plus Ozzie doesn't like signing free agents that will affect his compensatory pick calculations. That said, I'm sure with the way the season went and with the cap space we have that we will be a little more aggressive in Free Agency this year. We probably won't throw around big money except for a LT but we will probably pick up a player or 2 at a good price that fills a hole. (FS, ILB, RT, C, WR, KR)

I just hope we can get Monroe at the 8.5 to 9 mil a yr average. It seems the Ravens think that's fair like I thought it was. But teams seem to think 10 a yr is the highest they will pay for their targets. Still hoping we can get this guy andake us all happy

Castillo is my biggest concern along with Ray Rice in the running game.....I don't believe by what I saw all last season that Ray has it anymore and if he does, Castillo don't know how to use it......Kubes does tho, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cas got sent for coffee and donuts for much of the season while the Rubiks Kube takes over....Can't wait !!

Yup, last season was a real mess on the offense. We just have to see about the zone blocking, free agency and the draft. A lot of water to go over the dam yet.

It's tough for me to place a dollar amount on what they should pay without any of the other guys at that position being signed. Things are looking positive at the moment. It looks like the Dolphins have their sights set on Albert. They are the team in the LT hunt with the deep pockets. It would really help if they are not in the bidding war for Monroe. I think it's a huge mistake on their part to pick Albert over Monroe, but it wouldn't be that organization's first mistake. It also simply might not be true. It wasn't that long ago that we heard that Monroe was Miami's guy, so who knows what they are really thinking.

Yeah it could all be a Miami smokescreen. I don't know logically why they would sign Albert over Monroe with all the cap space and cash they have laying around.

Yeah it could all be a Miami smokescreen. I don't know logically why they would sign Albert over Monroe with all the cap space and cash they have laying around.

Because Albert is the better, all around player. He can zone block well, power run, and pass blocks extremely well. Unlike Monroe who is strictly a zone blocker and struggles against bull rushers in pass set.

Because Albert is the better, all around player. He can zone block well, power run, and pass blocks extremely well. Unlike Monroe who is strictly a zone blocker and struggles against bull rushers in pass set.

I don't know that much about Albert, and I knew nothing about Monroe until we got him last year.....But I do know what I see on the field and although I am probably in the minority here, I am not especially impressed with him at all.....As a matter of fact, when Fat Mac wanted to play, he was better than him IMO.......I think you are correct in that he is not good against bull rushers and watching Joe get sacked repeatedly from the blind side last year, pretty much confirms that....I'm glad Ozzie is running this team instead of us fans though, could you see this mess if we did, it would be a revolving door of players and coaches every day .....lol

PFF is a great source for Lineman rankings, as you really have to dig into the film to get a great feel for it. According to them, we'll be extremely lucky to end up with Monroe.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/20/ranking-the-2014-free-agents-offensive-tackles/

Thanks.....So Sly was point on about the pass rush weakness, as they pointed out in the ranking that Peppers and M.Johnson who both put him in the red......But they do have him #1 on their FA list.....Don't know that that is all that revealing as pertaining to where he would rank in an over all list of LT's though......

Thanks.....So Sly was point on about the pass rush weakness, as they pointed out in the ranking that Peppers and M.Johnson who both put him in the red......But they do have him #1 on their FA list.....Don't know that that is all that revealing as pertaining to where he would rank in an over all list of LT's though......

HMH, I'll take Bill Polian's word over a reporter's, albeit a well informed reporter. Monroe is a C grade from Bill.

Grub you are correct, he would be or could be better with a better guard next to him, sometimes that is all it takes is the right match next to a player on the line. Time will tell....