ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No tag for Monroe

RavenousBG

Because Albert is the better, all around player. He can zone block well, power run, and pass blocks extremely well. Unlike Monroe who is strictly a zone blocker and struggles against bull rushers in pass set.

Wrong. Albert has the talent to be the better, all around player but is an underachiever. Albert would be the 3rd coming of Gaither and McKinnie. I am so freakin' done with that kind of player. I'm 100% positive that Ozzie is as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/report-ravens-should-have-deal-with-eugene-monroe-before-free-agency-starts/

Report: Ravens “should” have deal with Eugene Monroe before free agency starts

There was growing optimism in Baltimore on Monday that the Ravens would be able to retain left tackle Eugene Monroe and signs continue to point in that direction on Tuesday.

Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network reports that the two sides are “very close” to an agreement that would keep Monroe in Baltimore for the next few years. Kinkhabwala’s colleague Ian Rapoport adds that the deal “should” be done before players are free to join other teams at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday afternoon.

Nothing is official until it is official, of course, but the recent change in tone regarding talk of Monroe’s return to Baltimore certainly bodes well for the Ravens’ chances of keeping him. With other teams able to speak to Monroe’s representatives for the last three days, things would likely be trending in the other direction if Baltimore’s offers were not more appealing than what other teams have pushed in Monroe’s direction.

It also probably doesn’t hurt that the other top left tackles in free agency have all been strongly linked to new homes away from Baltimore already. That leaves fewer options for both Monroe and the Ravens and all the more reason for them to bridge their earlier gap.

Pretty much a done deal for Monroe, let us see if Kubs goes after Daniels now that he is released. Love to see him here, good enough blocker, runs great routes and has super hands.

Albert took the most money, both per year and guarenteed..... The rest are around the 6-7 mil mark, Monroe shouldn't be more than that, ......

Wow! I only thought he was worth 7.5 a yr. I thought he'd get more but Ozzie once again proves that he knows what he's doing more times than not. Good job on this one FO