ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

RB's on the cheap this yr.....

Oldschool739

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/27/moreno-deal-reconfirms-poor-state-of-running-back-market/

Moreno deal reconfirms poor state of running back market

With the exception of Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy, it still doesn’t pay to be a running back.

This year, the top of the market has stagnated at $3.5 million per year for the likes of Toby Gerhart and Donald Brown (both of whom signed three-year contracts in Jacksonville and San Diego, respectively) and Ben Tate (who signed a two-year deal in Cleveland). For former first-round pick Knowshon Moreno, the best deal consisted of $2.5 million in signing bonus and base salary, along with another $500,000 in roster bonuses, per a source with knowledge of Moreno’s one-year contract in Miami.

That’s a max package of $3 million. For a guy who gained more than 1,000 yards in 2013.

Come on Ozzie, ready set go....

Toby is going to be good, but Jacksonville needs to fix its offensive line before it worries about RB. Neither of our backs is done yet, just a poor year on the line and some nagging injuries. I know he's basically a Rice duplicate, but if MJD is available in this price range I'd jump.

Blount would be nice because he is a bruiser, but I think he is playing the latest Patriots market game, just to get a better offer to stay there...Like Edelman and Wilfork did....

The RB market is down so he would be smart to stay where he is and hope it makes a come back...

Every time I look at Ray Rice's cap hits over the next couple of years, I want to throw up.

$8.75mil this year...$7.75mil in 2015.

Exactly the reason I said to trade him at the time.

Looking at RB draft prospects.... this kids a 2/3 round talent and the Ravens have 2 thirds. He does have CHARACTER issues.. arrested twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_67w8sjuo8

I am to the point that I would not draft a RB before the 3rd and he has to be pretty special to get picked that high.

Blount is now a Steeler,,,,,,

Not upset about this. I'm not sure why all the talk was about Blount and nothing has been about Andre Brown (who happens to be from Bmore). Brown is much better in the passing game (both as a receiver and in protection).

I don't think the Ravens sign Brown either, but he would be the better choice in my mind.

Not upset about this. I'm not sure why all the talk was about Blount and nothing has been about Andre Brown (who happens to be from Bmore). Brown is much better in the passing game (both as a receiver and in protection).

I don't think the Ravens sign Brown either, but he would be the better choice in my mind.

Brown is a better all-around back, Blount is better up the middle.

This makes you want to yell and spit and kick the dog....

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Blount’s two-year deal in Pittsburgh has a total value of $3.85 million, $950,000 of which comes from a signing bonus. That’s a per-year average of $1.925 million, well below the $3.5 million paid out to three guys who have signed new contracts since March 11 (Toby Gerhart, Donald Brown, Ben Tate).

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back from a 4 game suspension and gets 1100 yards in 12 games. I'm not ready to believe he is done and I thought I was but I just don't believe it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back from a 4 game suspension and gets 1100 yards in 12 games. I'm not ready to believe he is done and I thought I was but I just don't believe it.

I don't know man he has touched the ball a lot in his career. He was the Rutgers offense also. I'm not going to say he is done but I will say the tread is looking very thin.

I agree. He is falling off fast. He gets 2 more yrs and they cut him.

I agree with that. He's no emmitt smith or Barry sanders. But I don't think he's done today