ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

HOW EMBARRASSING!

dc.

WHY did we EVER let this team make the playoffs??? What a pathetic showing!

No. No way I want my 9-7 team in the playoffs. No way I want this defense in the playoffs.

No way am I letting Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phil Rivers and Carson Palmer trounce us on National TV after such an awful season.

This is stupid. Why are we even here?!?

Guest BallTMore

- "Stop Ray! Stop! You're costing us a better draft slot."

- "What is he doing? I just bought a 50" HDTV to watch the Chargers/Pats game next week. Fall down."

51557232.jpg

I expected them to lose. I expect them to lose on Saturday as well. I make no apologies for it either! I'm glad I was wrong, but it's what I think.

It's not even about that, Dee. I can't say I was the most confident - I avoided predictions, and just played the middle. And I'll likely do the same this week.

This was about all those who started saying 2, 4 or even 6-8 weeks ago that this team should just fold it in and stop embarrassing itself. As recently as 10 days ago we had people on these very boards saying that they WANTED the Ravens to lose to Oakland ... it would make sure we didn't get beat up anywhere else.

That's what it's about. If you don't think we'll win, fine. I don't always think we'll win. But there's a big difference between expecting a loss and HOPING for a loss.

It's not even about that, Dee. I can't say I was the most confident - I avoided predictions, and just played the middle. And I'll likely do the same this week.

This was about all those who started saying 2, 4 or even 6-8 weeks ago that this team should just fold it in and stop embarrassing itself. As recently as 10 days ago we had people on these very boards saying that they WANTED the Ravens to lose to Oakland ... it would make sure we didn't get beat up anywhere else.

That's what it's about. If you don't think we'll win, fine. I don't always think we'll win. But there's a big difference between expecting a loss and HOPING for a loss.

Those aren't fans, dc. Any person that hopes a team, any team loses, is not a fan of that team. Posers, maybe, but not fans.

True.

Regardless... they showed up on this board.

Meanwhile... I'm watching NFL Live and seeing highlights of the Cards-Pack game... unbelievable what both teams got away with last night. Facemasks (on QBs!), offensive pass interference, defensive holding, whatever...

On two of Fitzgerald's big plays there was obvious and ridiculous contact. First time it looked largely incidental and, eventually, helped him make a big catch. But still, amazed that no flag hit the ground when a defender gets his arms wrapped around Fitz. Second time, Fitz just railroads a defender and again... no flag. In fact, I think they may have called it defensive holding. Just silly.

By the way... anyone notice the Pats started resorting to throwing picks downfield to try and help Brady? They called it on Moss, thankfully. But it was there elsewhere.

I always want to make the playoffs, no matter by dominating or backing in. Once in, you never know.

I expected a loss yesterday, I wouldnt have been amazed if we won but I didnt expect it. In a way the way we won when I didnt expect it made it a lot more pleasing to me.

Guest BallTMore

Yeah, nothing wrong with thinking your team will lose, but hoping they lose because you think we'll get embarrassed is a different story.

I don't feel good about the Colts game right now. We all know what happens when we play the Colts. No matter the stats, the final score reads a Colts win. I hope that changes Sunday, but I will not be shocked if it doesn't.

Please stop this, Ravens!

20.-The-Shining_imagelarge.jpg

THE RAVENS LOSE TO THE COLTS THE RAVENS LOSE TO THE COLTS

THE RAVENS LOSE TO THE COLTS

I couldn't see the logic in wanting the playoffs so bad assuming we would be one and done. Call out who you want DC, but it gets frustrating to watch the Ravens. Now I've every game I've been able to win/lose, but I never wished them to lose.

True.

Regardless... they showed up on this board.

Meanwhile... I'm watching NFL Live and seeing highlights of the Cards-Pack game... unbelievable what both teams got away with last night. Facemasks (on QBs!), offensive pass interference, defensive holding, whatever...

On two of Fitzgerald's big plays there was obvious and ridiculous contact. First time it looked largely incidental and, eventually, helped him make a big catch. But still, amazed that no flag hit the ground when a defender gets his arms wrapped around Fitz. Second time, Fitz just railroads a defender and again... no flag. In fact, I think they may have called it defensive holding. Just silly.

The Packers got hosed in that game. Even ignoring that facemask at the end, it seemed all the calls (or non calls) were going against Green Bay. You mentioned Fitzgerald completely bowling over Woodson in the Endzone, then there was the phantom holding call on Donald Driver down the field. A Packer defender gets pushed into Warner and it's a PF...it's like the NFL sent a memo that said "Screw the 6 seed out of a win", but they sent it to the wrong officials.

I was actually referring mostly to Force, so I'm glad he fessed up.

I saw hints of the same ideas elsewhere... Papa, Grubber (actually, I didn't notice Grubber).

I just think it's silly to say "Why go to the playoffs if you're going to lose?"

That's like saying "Why should Maryland go to the NCAA tourney if they won't make it past the first or second round?"

You play to do your best. If our best gets us just to the first round, fine. But I want the first round. As an O's fan, I'm not so jaded as to think just making the playoffs has no value.

And I'm equally as frustrated every game. I mean, when we lose in a bad way (knowing we could have so easily changed the outcome), it's not even worth trying to talk to me for the next 12 hours. It's sad, funny, but true. But that doesn't mean I don't want the team to succeed in whatever way they can.

Well gang, Im extremely confident this weekend, Im not saying caker, but you witnessed what we did in NE..Well the Colts are that mirror team, We can smash the ball down their throats, If Joes injured than so be it..If we put 200 yards on the ground vs Indy, their stadium will be half empty by the 3rd quarter.

Max pointed out that the Colts cant run the ball they are last, and they can barely stop the run being at 24th. Throw in my 0-3 record for them when they come off a bye in the playoffs, Toss around that the fans are frustrated as hell with the Colts because of how they laid down the last two games and the upset is being brewed..Hold on, Vegas will call it an upset, but the Succh calls it an I told ya so.

You play to do your best. If our best gets us just to the first round, fine. But I want the first round. As an O's fan, I'm not so jaded as to think just making the playoffs has no value.

That's my issue DC is that I never felt like we got their best which was just so damn frustrating. So if they can't give us their best now, why should I care? Yet, like the fan I am, I'm there every gameday cheering and yelling.

I also find great amusement in people who think Troy Smith is the answer. Not necessarily here, but in the fan world.

Win or lose though, life goes on and my happiness will not dwell in this team, but its always nice to have bragging rights.

I also find great amusement in people who think Troy Smith is the answer. Not necessarily here, but in the fan world.

It is truly amazing how many times a day a caller will call in saying that..I heard it yesterday, we just thrashed the Pats and I hear "Put T Smith in there if Joes not healthy"..These people are killing me!!

Like VMax, Crav and yourself, I believe we can win at Indy. Once again, the planets will have to align except this time we will need to:

You know Va, its funny you say that..Yesterday when I left for work at 4:40am, I swore the sliver of moon thats out there was purpleish in color yesterday morning. Maybe the moons have aligned??

Ah...why is the most obvious thing not mentioned here in responding to the OP. The Ravens lost 6 games by less than a touchdown, while accumlating yellow flags like fleas to a dog. That is simply how close a team can be from being 12-4 as opposed to 9-7. Same team. Between the lines we punished some of the leagues better teams in a numerous ways. We belong.

This forum, which I used to love, seems a bit weird now. I don't see as many replies/views and such. Just sayin.. (I had a different username back then and lost it....back to unsigned free agent now, but I used to participate quite a bit.

1. You're right that the board is different - big server failure caused an almost restart. Haven't been able to rebuild yet. Sucks.

2. I think your first paragraph actually makes my point for me. We lost a lot of close games in a bad, bad way... and many people here were very upset and claiming that this team didn't deserve any respect or recognition (except as one of the most flagged teams out there). There was a doom and gloom attitude - and no one able to say, "Hey, we were 4 plays from 13-3." And I just think it's classic that those voices fade when we win a game in a solid way.