ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Senate Seeks to Extend Rice Suspension

ForceEight

If only I could tell you that I was joking.

Aside from a vocal band of Ravens employees and fans, most of the world thinks Ray Rice got off easy with a two-game suspension for knocking his wife unconscious.

Now, the politicians have joined the chorus.

According to the Huffington Post, a group of U.S. Senators sent a letter to NFL commisioner Roger Goodell asking for a tougher punishment.

Senators Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin (all Democrats, such that it matters) sent letters to Goodell and Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome asking for more scrutiny of domestic violence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/01/senators-urge-goodell-to-reconsider-ray-rice-punishment/

No, but they'll now be spending weeks pontificating about the issue and providing themselves press for it (must be an election year in those jurisdictions).

It's mostly comical to me because, you know, he was criminally charged for the matter. In a court of law. Where the Senate has a much higher likelihood of authority. That fact alone proves the previous point that it's all a show that we're stuck paying for.

no one thinks what Ray did was right. but this is getting stupid. If he was anything but a football player. he wouldn't have lost close to a million dollars or any days at work. If I was dumb enough to slap or hit my wife and got put in a cell for the weekend. I'm not going to get punished Monday when I get to work.

good for them

threaten their asses with the anti trust and make ray rice an example to where it may not happen again.

Of course it would be democrats

hell

the republicans would rather beat the living shit out their wives and force her to stay at home, pregnant, and serve the husband

Fuck politicians, tell them to straighten out the mess bush put us in and then maybe when that happens then they can worry about NFL players

Please Crave, enough of the "Bush" stuff. Obama has been president fot 6 1/2 years now. I just can't take it anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Detrimate? Osama and Al Queda are dead. The economy has picked up. I'm making money hand over fist and dang happy about it. Detrimate - I don't think so.

OK, I'll bite.

If you think Al Quada is dead because Obama says it is, I've got this really neat bridge I'd like to sell.....

Please Crave, enough of the "Bush" stuff. Obama has been president fot 6 1/2 years now. I just can't take it anymore.

Yup, and our 401 is still nowhere near what is was during that devils time in office

Detrimate? Osama and Al Queda are dead. The economy has picked up. I'm making money hand over fist and dang happy about it. Detrimate - I don't think so.

The economy is built on a house of cards. The issues that cause 07-08 recession were never fixed. 1 guy has been convicted on what happened and that is because he was so stupid as to plea out. The govt has only slapped banks and other criminal entities

We are committing war crimes with the drones left and right. We are arming police for military occupation. We are using the NSA to spy on everyone and the CIA to spy on the Senate.

These are just off the top of my head.