ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray rice cut

cravnravn

You do understand that it isn't about the cutting of him, nor the suspension, but their lack of forethought, their inability to see that when the video would come, there would be major backlash, based on the original video and Ray's statements to them.

Thus, if the Ravens were going to cut him, they should have done it back in Feb, not this week. If the NFL ws going to BREAK THEIR OWN RULES and suspend him indefinately, they should have done it back in Feb, not this weekl.

That is what has me and many, many others who know football, who know the rules, so ticked off.

Goody, when he made the choice to suspend Rice for 2 games, claimed it was the max he could give him. The Ravens, when the suspension was announced, claimed they were sticking by Ray and would bend to the league for discipline.

If 2 games was the max under the rules, how is it, Goody can now circumvent said rules and on Ray's first offense, suspend him, not six months as the rules state, but indefinately?

How can the Ravens cut him, when they were going to stand by him?

Oh, that is right, all because what he did was caught on tape, not because of what he did. Proof? The tape backs up almost exactly as Ray & Janay outlined. Don't buy into their, the league nor the Ravens, excuse that the two watered down their confession. Seeing her unconscous, seeing Ray act like it was no big deal, on camera plus their version is pretty easy to see what transpired in the elevator, with out seeing the tape.

Knowing there was a tape, and not thinking; hmmm, intoday's society, that tape will come out, is ludicrous if they expect any sensible adult to buy the excuse that they couldn't get the tape or just took the law's and league's decision as justice....

So go ahead, your choice to keep giving your money to the people who will do what ever they wish and treat you like a non-thinking person.

!00% agreed.

• Downvote 1

Had Rice been given 6 games he would still be a Raven. On every point about the Ravens and the Commish you are 100% correct. Look at the slap on the wrist for Irsay but the owners are held to a higher standard. #firegoodell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/giants-co-owner-says-roger-goodells-job-not-in-jeopardy/

Giants co-owner says Roger Goodell’s job not in jeopardy

When you get a vot eof confidence it means you are in trouble.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/11/where-was-goodell-when-the-tape-arrived-augusta-of-course/

Where was Goodell when the tape arrived? Augusta, of course

The NFL has some problems at the moment.

But up near the top of the pile is the simple symbolism of where Roger Goodell was when he should have been at the office going through the mail.

As noted by Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the day the tape of Ray Rice punching his wife in the face was reportedly delivered to the NFL offices, Goodell was at The Masters, wearing his green jacket that confirms his status as a member at the exclusive Augusta National Golf Club.

Golf is fun. Azaleas are pretty. Pimento cheese sandwiches taste good.

But at the very moment when the organization Goodell runs so powerfully should have been aware of something so horrible, he was surrounded by people just like him.

Rich. Powerful. And insulated from practically anyone who might look or think differently.

Augusta’s track record of exclusion is well-documented and long-standing and only really pertinent as it applies to the bigger picture of the NFL’s blind spot to the reality of domestic violence.

The NFL knew Ray Rice dragged his unconscious wife out of an elevator. But without seeing it, the reality that he had to have done something to render her unconscious never occurred to them to be so jarring, so horrific, so repugnant that it merited more than a two-game suspension.

If the people you surround yourself with are the rich and the powerful and the insulated, you tend to view the world through a rich and powerful and insulated prism.

You can’t imagine the visceral reaction that America would have to a man punching the mother of his children and soon-to-be wife in the face.

You can’t imagine what a terrible idea it was to ask a victim of abuse to come to the office and testify in front of the man who abused her, his employers, and their superiors.

You wouldn’t stop to think that getting another perspective on this might help, that any other perspective other than the one you already have matters.

You wouldn’t have any way of knowing how people would react, because you have sequestered yourself among your peers.

You wouldn’t have any idea.

And that not knowing is the problem the NFL is struggling with right now — one that might be far more difficult to solve that scraping the pimento cheese of your shoes.

It was said that the latest video with audio shows that not only did Janay hit Ray Rice before getting on the elevator but spit in his face just before the slap. This is important because that would explain why one of the original Jersey prosecuters decided to drop the case. If Janay hit then spit in Ray Rice's face then that's an assault charge. Ray Rice could have used self defense as his defence and Janay would have done time.

It apparently shows him spitting on her too. By what is on the tape we did see it looked like she hit him outside the elevator as she was walking in. Upon entering he walks right up on her close. That may be where the spitting takes place. That said Rice then gives her the soft left. He backs to the other side of the elevator and she charges on him and he gives her the hard left.

Rice to appeal his suspension, and he will likely win based just on what we know. He is not going out quietly, nor should he. I dispie what he did, but dispise even more, people who go back on their word.

If Vick got a job back in the NFl, for another $100 mil too boot, you can bet Rice will as well.

• Downvote 1

Rice to appeal his suspension, and he will likely win based just on what we know. He is not going out quietly, nor should he. I dispie what he did, but dispise even more, people who go back on their word.

If Vick got a job back in the NFl, for another $100 mil too boot, you can bet Rice will as well.

100% agree.

He may win his appeal, I'm thinking he gets the new policy of 6 weeks, but who is going to sign him?

He is going to be a distraction to whom ever signs him this year.

Yeah I think he has taken his last snap in the NFL. I also think he will have been blacklisted.

I don't know how they can suspend him. The CBA says you cant be punished twice for the same incident. I hope he sues the league.

It can't. I expect him to sue. I hope he adds slander to the case. It needs to be against the Ravens too. His lawyers need to go after all the info on the 53 cases of DV since Goodell took over. He also needs to get the info from Spy and Bountygate. Going after all the info I expect them to settle fast. Go after more than $100 mil since he probably wont be signed.

He may win his appeal, I'm thinking he gets the new policy of 6 weeks, but who is going to sign him?

He is going to be a distraction to whom ever signs him this year.

They said the same about Vick, he is still making much money and on a team. Have you see what Hardy was convicted of? Seen the police report, heard the 911 calls? Even after his conviction, and likely for a second time when his jury trial is over, he will still have a team to play for and he did far, far worse than Ray.

They said the same about Vick, he is still making much money and on a team. Have you see what Hardy was convicted of? Seen the police report, heard the 911 calls? Even after his conviction, and likely for a second time when his jury trial is over, he will still have a team to play for and he did far, far worse than Ray.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/15/hardy-may-not-be-playing-for-a-while/

Hardy may not be playing for a while

Was Greg Hardy’s deactivation a one-time thing or a trend? Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the current expectation is that Hardy’s surprise deactivation from Sunday wasn’t a blip on the radar screen.

According to the source, Hardy likely won’t be playing for a while.

And that makes sense. The NFL’s new world order, sparked by the Ray Rice video and cemented by the Adrian Petersoncase, prompted the Panthers to park Hardy on the bench after defiantly insisting he’ll play. The Panthers probably won’t be re-reversing course any time soon.

The NFLPA may have something to say about that, eventually. While every team chooses to shelve seven members of the active roster every week, deactivations (even with pay) aren’t supposed to be punitive. At some point, Hardy may decide to force the issue — and if he chooses to do so, the union will be compelled to take up the cause on his behalf.

The argument would be, “Play me or cut me.” Given that the CBA was reconfigured in 2006 specifically to prevent teams from putting players on ice for reasons unrelated to skill or health (thanks to the T.O. case in Philly), Hardy would have a strong position.

Of course, the team’s handling of Hardy won’t matter if the league decides to step in. As Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported on Sunday, the league may be consulting with an independent party in order to determine how best to navigate the personal-conduct policy with Hardy, a first-time offender who has yet to receive a jury trial on the pending charges. (The league should be able to figure that out on its own, but the NFL is under siege right now, especially on issues of meting out discipline in domestic violence cases.)

So whether it’s the team or the league taking action against Hardy, chances are he won’t be playing, perhaps until after his November jury trial. What Hardy needs to ask himself if whether fighting the team’s decision to pay him not to play will result in a decision by the league to prevent him from playing, without pay.

And this is the HUGE problem with the new policy. I would lean towards only punishing people who have been found guilty in the eyes of the LAW, but then we have this:

1. We've got Ray Rice, who clearly did something incredibly terrible and we see it on Video. Yet the law has released him from punishment. Now the league suspends him indefinitely because of the public outcry.
  2. We've got Hardy, who if you read the testimony, did multiple things FAR WORSE than Ray Rice. HOWEVER, there was little PHYSICAL or actual evidence that he really did anything. Even though he was found guilty, he does have the right to appeal. Regardless, in this situation, the public isn't freaking out because it didn't SEE him drag his girlfriend around and tell her he was going to kill her.

Moral of the story: the policy needs to be based on some independent understand of 'wrongdoing', because right now this is what they have "A league source told ESPN's Andrew Brandt that discipline would be triggered by adjudication of a player's case, such as a conviction or plea agreement. " Technically, under this, Ray Rice SHOULD NOT BE SUSPENDED, and who the hell knows what goes on with Hardy because he has the right to an appeal.

I tend to agree with you colin. I don't want to get to a situation where an ex girlfriend can cry wolf to get a player suspended. I think this thing has to go through the judicial system first and then the NFL react second. Afterall we are supposed to live in a society of innocent until proven guilty.

In the case were a player was found guilty but has appealed then I would still be in favor of suspension until the case is heard. If the case isn't heard until after the 6 game suspension or whatever it might be is up well that's tough shit.

I agree if there is not evidence. However, this is not a court room. If a player blows over the limit, there is your proof, if they, the player wants further proof, let the police do a blood test. Other wise, they should be suspended, they are already guilty. In Rice's case, proof of his guilt from a company stand point, was the video and his confession to the league & team. Suspend him right away.

Hardy, the proof is there, photos, voice mail, text, suspend him right away.

AP, proof is there in pictures and his admission he was the one who put those marks there; suspend him right away. Why does it need to be proven in court? This is a company, they have the right to fire for ANY REASON, this line is in every hiring contract for any job.

I am tired of the excuse: the tester spoiled the sample, it was second hand smoke when you blood levels are way over the limit, when you have an ounce or two of pot in your car.

And this is the HUGE problem with the new policy. I would lean towards only punishing people who have been found guilty in the eyes of the LAW, but then we have this:

1. We've got Ray Rice, who clearly did something incredibly terrible and we see it on Video. Yet the law has released him from punishment. Now the league suspends him indefinitely because of the public outcry.
  2. We've got Hardy, who if you read the testimony, did multiple things FAR WORSE than Ray Rice. HOWEVER, there was little PHYSICAL or actual evidence that he really did anything. Even though he was found guilty, he does have the right to appeal. Regardless, in this situation, the public isn't freaking out because it didn't SEE him drag his girlfriend around and tell her he was going to kill her.

Moral of the story: the policy needs to be based on some independent understand of 'wrongdoing', because right now this is what they have "A league source told ESPN's Andrew Brandt that discipline would be triggered by adjudication of a player's case, such as a conviction or plea agreement. " Technically, under this, Ray Rice SHOULD NOT BE SUSPENDED, and who the hell knows what goes on with Hardy because he has the right to an appeal.

Goodell has said in the past that they don't need to wait for the legal system. That was during the Vick case if I am not mistaken. That said they tend to wait for that.