ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray rice cut

cravnravn

this is Ray's first offense, how can the Commish say the 1st offense is 6 games, and then suspend Ray indefinitely upon his 1st offense. This guy is a joke. Now if the Ravens want to cut Rice they have every right to do so, but the Commish just implemented his suspension policy on domestic violence, and now he's completely disregarding it.

Pete Prisco@PriscoCBS
Prediction: Three years from now, maybe less, the Bears and Ravens will regret deals to Rice and Forte.

Pete right on.

If he becomes injury prone they might regret it.

Prisco can kiss Rice's butt when he takes the podium in Canton for his HoF speech.

So are you making reservations in Canton for 5 yrs frm now?

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Unckle.

Hes been 4 years in the league, nothing indicates that he will all of a sudden become "injury prone"

BTW how was he last yr?

And hes a smart RB at that, HE DOESN'T take direct hits..Come on Pops you.ve seen the finesse runner over the years, and the little skat backs stay around the longest, starting with Lenny Moore then Joe Washington onto Barry, Emitt and now Rice.

Smart enough to knock a woman out. He was starting to go last yr.

Even Warrick Dunn had a long career and ended up with a 1000 yard season pretty late in his career when people said he couldn't do it. The elusive guys with great running instincts last so much longer.

Heck, even Holmes, who suffered a devastating injury was able to recover and be productive when he shouldn't have been. It was because he was an all around runner with great vision, hands, feet, and instincts. Those guys make up for loss of speed and power.

There's been no indication that Rice won't duplicate similar success. This is not Jamal Lewis.

I have no complaint about locking up Rice for 5 years at this stage of the game. It makes sense to have a guy like this on the roster.

Last yr was an indicator

On the surface it is a good deal. But in time it very well might not be a good deal.

That cap space they are eating is not a good deal.

He is 25 years old and the deal takes him to when he is 30. 30 is a bit old for a RB, but there are numerous cases where a RB can still be effective (sometimes very good) at that age. If it was until he was 32 or 33 I might have doubts, but as is I do not.

You always seem to want to get rid of players in their prime to 'plan for the future'. If every move you make is for the future you will never achieve success in the present. And there is absolutely no reason to plan for the future at the expense of signing a 25 year old star player like Ray Rice.

Yeah imagine a haul of rookies that are in their third yr now and really carrying the team. So in one hand we could have had a haul and in the other we have dead money.

I didn't see it going down that way but I was pretty sure this would be a bad contract for the Ravens.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/08/front-loaded-rice-contract-blows-up-on-ravens/

In that month, the Ravens paid Rice $15 million to sign, along with a 2012 base salary of $2 million. He then received a $7 million option bonus last March, along with a $1 million 2013 base salary.

That’s a total of $25 million for only two years of football.

The Ravens won’t owe Rice anything for 2014, since he wasn’t active for Week One. But they’ll absorb a $4.75 million cap charge this year and $9.5 million in 2015 for the combined signing bonus and roster bonus.

this is Ray's first offense, how can the Commish say the 1st offense is 6 games, and then suspend Ray indefinitely upon his 1st offense. This guy is a joke. Now if the Ravens want to cut Rice they have every right to do so, but the Commish just implemented his suspension policy on domestic violence, and now he's completely disregarding it.

Ray's the scapegoat.

• Upvote 1

They don't rely on advertising dollars and also they are above the law.

They arent above the law i-am-the-law-copy.jpg

And yes, it is true about advertising, which is why none of this matters. If public perception on advertiser support weren't an issue the NFL pretty much wouldn't care. This whole thing is PR, that's why I don't understand the blind outrage that no one really cares about unless they see it.