ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Biscut's presser

tsylvester

What a complete joke, seriously. You spend the time preparing an article of your own, instead of rading it, you hand it to the each reporter in the room, give them five minutes to read it & digest it, then take questions. All just to stick your nose up at the media because OTL didn't give you guys enough time to respond to their article before they ran with it?

Really? Then dodge questions, point the finger at Ray, his lawyer and friends, once again.... Ok, we get it Biscut, you are untouchable and that is all this press conference was; you showing the media you are untouchable. Not answering questions the fans have, the fans who are a little more aware of the game than the pom-pom crowd who only watch on Sunday as a ack ground noise or when the team is in the playoffs.

Rice will never play for us again, ever, but we will hire him because, people change, deserve a second chance. Why does he deserve a second chance five years down the road and not five days down the road?

Oh and as far as I am concerned, your integrity is gone with me, not that it matters.

• Downvote 1

Biscuit got under my skin when he apologized to the sponsors and PSL owners. I don't have thousands of $$$ for tickets so my apology is in the rear.

Nor do I, and I have to say, I am so glad I don't.

Oh and papa, he did mention your favorite explayer, Stallworth, but only that he spoke to the players about his off the field issues, not that Biscut signed him even though Donte got drunk and killed some one. So I guess hitting a women is worse than killing some one.

And the head lines leading into the presser, words from the Biscut were; "the fans need to hear our side". This fan did not hear anyting directed to the fans, only, and in your words directly, words for the media to address them about the article they wrote. aaaa pssst hack, hack.

What a complete joke, seriously. You spend the time preparing an article of your own, instead of rading it, you hand it to the each reporter in the room, give them five minutes to read it & digest it, then take questions. All just to stick your nose up at the media because OTL didn't give you guys enough time to respond to their article before they ran with it?

Really? Then dodge questions, point the finger at Ray, his lawyer and friends, once again.... Ok, we get it Biscut, you are untouchable and that is all this press conference was; you showing the media you are untouchable. Not answering questions the fans have, the fans who are a little more aware of the game than the pom-pom crowd who only watch on Sunday as a ack ground noise or when the team is in the playoffs.

Rice will never play for us again, ever, but we will hire him because, people change, deserve a second chance. Why does he deserve a second chance five years down the road and not five days down the road?

Oh and as far as I am concerned, your integrity is gone with me, not that it matters.

Your absolutely right. "Not that it matters".

I am very satisfied with his press release.

It's important to put it in writting, where words can't be twisted.

Then Steve sat for an hour answering questions.

I feel much better about Steve and the Ravens organization. I nsay that knowing that they could have handled things better...which they admit.

• Upvote 1

Max, after listening to him this afternoon I don't what else the man can do. He, the organization, NFL, Goodell all screwed up- all because of Rice's one time colossal gaffe.

It's done, everyone just needs to move on and starting concentrating on the "damn game". Even Mike Ditka, a guest earlier today on Mike & Mike,

opined that we, media, everyone has blown this thing way out of proportion. Its time for everyone to focus on what's good about the game and put this negative stuff to rest.

• Upvote 1

Putting the negative to rest means accepting that it is okay for you to be lied to. I don't accept that.

I've watched the press conference three times and sought to glean from Steve any instances in his speech or body language where I felt like he was lying (he's not the best public speaker), and I still haven't come to much of a conclusion. That being said, there are a few facts, specifically the texts to Rice, where I think he was being honest and forthcoming, if only because it was an easy juxtaposition against the OTL report that didn't really mean much.

I still refuse to believe that he didn't see and/or someone on the team didn't see the second tape in its entirety. I continue to feel lied to and, again, I refuse to accept that.

Max, after listening to him this afternoon I don't what else the man can do. He, the organization, NFL, Goodell all screwed up- all because of Rice's one time colossal gaffe.

It's done, everyone just needs to move on and starting concentrating on the "damn game". Even Mike Ditka, a guest earlier today on Mike & Mike,

opined that we, media, everyone has blown this thing way out of proportion. Its time for everyone to focus on what's good about the game and put this negative stuff to rest.

Yeah, I'm sick of the whole disgusting thing. No it wasn't handled anywhere as good as it should have been. Yes, some lies may even have been told. Even my wife is sick of the issue and the way it's being media-hounded to death.

Rice f--k-ed up. So did the NFL for sure, So, possibly, did Bisciotti. But it's all over now and next time they will get it right, I'm convinced.

Time to get back to the reason we're all really here on this board rather than a media board: football.

Yeah, I'm sick of the whole disgusting thing. No it wasn't handled anywhere as good as it should have been. Yes, some lies may even have been told. Even my wife is sick of the issue and the way it's being media-hounded to death.

Rice f--k-ed up. So did the NFL for sure, So, possibly, did Bisciotti. But it's all over now and next time they will get it right, I'm convinced.

Time to get back to the reason we're all really here on this board rather than a media board: football.

You're convinced they will get it right next time? By what?

Here's two thoughts... the only thing teaching them to act differently is the fact that we are talking about this and the fact that it is costing them money. If we didn't talk or didn't care, they wouldn't either. The sooner we stop talking, the sooner they stop caring.

What's the response going to be next time? (Or all the times still going on right now...) Are they suddenly getting it right? Doesn't feel like it. Feels like they are trying to get us off their backs. And once we stop paying attention, a few months down the line, it will be some other issue they try to brush past us - until we make a fuss.

I'm tired of talking about it too. So, let them actually handle it and do something and then we can stop.

Meanwhile - hate to bring up what so many ignore, but at what point do they start to really bring up Terrell Suggs' long-standing issues with domestic violence...

All we have to go on is rumor, innuendo and hearsay evidence that is refutable and contradicted soon after it appears. I'm talking about the NFL and the Ravens. The evidence on what Ray Rice did is indisputable.

I just think everyone should cool it until and unless real evidence surfaces.

I don't know what all of you watched but it wasn't the presser.

Bicuit admitted to the mistakes. He said he wished he ordered the tape and forwarded to the NFL. He regrets he that he didn't.

He can't be more honest than that.

He also said Rice could return in the future to give talks to players and named others that were on addictions that they hired

to speak to players.

Bisciotti kicked ass today, ESPNs ass and they're running for cover. By admitting the mistakes the rest of his story is believeable.

He has the truth on his side. He came out smoking and made the Ravens look good.

Somebody here missed all that.

I don't know what all of you watched but it wasn't the presser.

Bicuit admitted to the mistakes. He said he wished he ordered the tape and forwarded to the NFL. He regrets he that he didn't.

He can't be more honest than that.

He also said Rice could return in the future to give talks to players and named others that were on addictions that they hired

to speak to players.

Bisciotti kicked ass today, ESPNs ass and they're running for cover. By admitting the mistakes the rest of his story is believeable.

He has the truth on his side. He came out smoking and made the Ravens look good.

Somebody here missed all that.

Many of these jackasses missed it today. They only care about making themselves feel better about their own pathetic weaknesses. They want to be judge, jury, and executioner. Time for these liberal low lifes to get out of their basement, put their pants on and get some kind of life.

LOL - ESPN is on now and twisting up the statements that Bisciotti just made, much less the story and where was the guy with

the story. He wasn't there. What a coward.

Also, one of the major portions of the allegations was that AQ Shipley was with Rice at the time of the text ( while watching

the Cincy home opener) and could confirm what they said. Prob was, Shipley was in Denver playing football for the Broncos

at the time. ESPN scrubbed it from the story and have yet to issue any sort of formal correction.

I am willing to bet that KVV is going to get called to the carpet on this. At least I'd hope.

Also, Bisicotti was asked about the Forbes piece that said he could be forced to sell the team. He hadn't read the article

but said I supposed that could happen but the NFL hasn't spoken to me yet. I didn't read the article but it's not like I'm

really working hard 60 hours pr week. I have people doing that for me so if Im forced to leave I won't be out 60 hours.

Another words, he's not worried about it.

ILMAO - the franchise is worth $1.5B and he paid around $600M for it.

The Shipley part is really not that big a deal. Sometimes reports get small details that are not vital to stories wrong. But people who are trying to hide the truth will throw stuff like that up saying don't believe the story there is an error. He paid about $800 mil for it. His initial minority buying price was $325 mil. I think it was another $500 for the rest.

Sorry Smurf, but it was closer to $600M he paid for the team. Art owed a debt of about $250M and was paying $25M in interest pr yr which is what killed him and he made a late payment so the NFL got TAgs to talk to him about selling.

Art was blown away by Bisciotti's deal of $600M with ARt getting half then which was enough to pay off the debt with

$50M left over and profit the balance in about 3 or 4 yrs. Biscuit set it up that way so

the family could ease out of it slowly while he could learn the business from Art who maitained an office near his after the sale. Art took care of his son Steve by getting him a $2M buyout if Bisciotti didn't keep him on as President. He didn't.

When Steve left he was asked what he was going to do and he said thanks to my father and Mr. Bisciotti I don't

have to do anything.

I heard Art say on TV he got $600M. He paid about $4M for the team around $1963.

Here's the link putting the franchise value at about $600M.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/1999/12/20/Franchises/FAREWELL-MODELL-RAVENS-OWNER-TO-SELL-49-STAKE-IN-TEAM.aspx?hl=Legg%20Mason&sc=0

Bisciotti held a clinic today on how to handle the media there at the press conference. His ability to throw questions back at the media was priceless when he said, "what are you asking me" and the reporter couldn't answer right away and had to think

about his own question. Cool, calm and collected, that's what you want for a person leading your team.

Sometimes reputable mediums print corrections when they get something wrong. KVV and ESPN did not.

The Shipley error was never corrected by KVV so it is big and another error to the story. All the errors are big when you're

accusing someone of something. The slightest error or omission in a story gives you instant non-credibitity.

JOURNALISM 101

"So what do you nthink Mike?"...

Bisciotti was compelling Monday. He sat on the stage in a leather chair armed with a letter to fans disputing 15 points in the ESPN article.

He took questions during an allotted time and then asked for more in overtime. His arguments were impressive especially where he released his text messages verbatim, not the partial ones in the story which suggested he was possibly paying Rice off with a future job in the organization.

Advantage Bisciotti.

He cleared up some things about any disparity in previous accounts of the incident given by team president Dick Cass and general manager Ozzie Newsome, and denied, along with John Harbaugh, that the Super Bowl-winning coach wanted to cut Rice after seeing the first tape, which was in the ESPN report.

Cass and Newsome, in public statements, as well as Bisciotti denied that they had spoken with commissioner Roger Goodell or anyone else at the NFL suggesting Rice only be given a two-game suspension or any other punishment.

Was Bisciotti telling the truth?

I don't know for sure, but his news conference Monday was unprecedented for this owner, and it's hard to understand why he would leave himself so open to a major fall if he wasn't.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0923-20140922,0,3203098.column#ixzz3E81FkK9F

Great post Vmax and it is not only unprecedented for him but any other owner. Nobody has been down this road before for anything

this bad. Not even Ray's case was as big as this. He had the presser because he had the truth on his side and had so much

confidence in himself. This is a man who started a hi tech staffing company with just 1 other person, his cousin, and it now has

98,000 employees world wide. It's the second biggest company of it's kind in the world.

The guy is shrewd and ruthless competitor. He said the trick to his business was staying late. He knew most of his competitors

went home at 5 but he worked til midnight. That's because the hi tech people to hire were out in Selicone Valley, Calif and their

time zone was 4 hours later. So he called the people he needed after 5.

Then on Monday morning the competition called the same people but they were already hired by Bisciotti. He won the DoD

contract to supply the Pentagon with all their computer techs and that put him over the hump and on the way to buying the

Ravens.

He is so sure of himself and killed the media, especially ESPN, in the ass. He even kicked the femme Nazis in the ass - NOW,

who criticized him of not hiring females. He said if I can get Kevin fired, then maybe we'll hire a woman.

Pure genius. Pure balls.

We're so fortunate to have him as an owner. Can anyone picture Bob Irsay doing this conference slobbering all over the

place in a drunken stupor like at his airport presser? Can anyone remember that one? ILMAO

"People will hear what their ithing ears want them to hear." -God.

Yes, this includes me, but what my ears wanted to hear was Biscut saying;"Yes we screwed up, we let public outrage, pressure- force us into releasing Rice.

Proof of this are in his remarks about 1) rehiring Rice to work there 2) signing Stallworth 3) Ozzie's remarks that Ray told them exactly what was on the tape 4) They only cut him after the tape made it to the public. 5)Biscut order not one but two closed door meetings 5) Biscut mispoke/lied about the punishment the league would give- in other words, first he said the MAX Rice could get was two games and Steve thought maybe, 4-6 maybe, but it was not likely. Later on Biscut said he expected 4-6 games, maybe as much as eight. So how could he expect more than the max the league was allowed per CBA?

My ears simply wanted to hear Biscut admit the public's reaction was why he cut Rice. How do we know? Because he said plainly, clearly, that if Rice had been suspended from the get go for 6-8 games, he would still be on the team.

So yes, Biscut, once again, LIED to the public, to the media and thus, most of the things in the ESPN article are correct.

Sorry Smurf, but it was closer to $600M he paid for the team. Art owed a debt of about $250M and was paying $25M in interest pr yr which is what killed him and he made a late payment so the NFL got TAgs to talk to him about selling.

Art was blown away by Bisciotti's deal of $600M with ARt getting half then which was enough to pay off the debt with

$50M left over and profit the balance in about 3 or 4 yrs. Biscuit set it up that way so

the family could ease out of it slowly while he could learn the business from Art who maitained an office near his after the sale. Art took care of his son Steve by getting him a $2M buyout if Bisciotti didn't keep him on as President. He didn't.

When Steve left he was asked what he was going to do and he said thanks to my father and Mr. Bisciotti I don't

have to do anything.

I heard Art say on TV he got $600M. He paid about $4M for the team around $1963.

Here's the link putting the franchise value at about $600M.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/1999/12/20/Franchises/FAREWELL-MODELL-RAVENS-OWNER-TO-SELL-49-STAKE-IN-TEAM.aspx?hl=Legg%20Mason&sc=0

I stand corrected.

"People will hear what their ithing ears want them to hear." -God.

Yes, this includes me, but what my ears wanted to hear was Biscut saying;"Yes we screwed up, we let public outrage, pressure- force us into releasing Rice.

Proof of this are in his remarks about 1) rehiring Rice to work there 2) signing Stallworth 3) Ozzie's remarks that Ray told them exactly what was on the tape 4) They only cut him after the tape made it to the public. 5)Biscut order not one but two closed door meetings 5) Biscut mispoke/lied about the punishment the league would give- in other words, first he said the MAX Rice could get was two games and Steve thought maybe, 4-6 maybe, but it was not likely. Later on Biscut said he expected 4-6 games, maybe as much as eight. So how could he expect more than the max the league was allowed per CBA?

My ears simply wanted to hear Biscut admit the public's reaction was why he cut Rice. How do we know? Because he said plainly, clearly, that if Rice had been suspended from the get go for 6-8 games, he would still be on the team.

So yes, Biscut, once again, LIED to the public, to the media and thus, most of the things in the ESPN article are correct.

Yes, you are hearing what you want.

The guys on the radio were calling for 6 games suspension the day the news broke. Biscuit said had the tape gone to the NFL the first day Rice would have been out 7 months. He admitted his mistakes. ESPN has not like the Shipley story. Like I said yesterday, ESPN was misquoting what Bisciotti said in the presser yesterday.

Today on Sportscenter they're just leaving it for their viewers to decide. Looks like they're showing signs of being

butt sore already.