ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pitta to return in 2015

cravnravn

What I meant to say is do we draft one in the first round, caus that's where you're playmaker te is usually found.

Pending some under classmne coming out, the tight end position is not extremely deep, the wide receiver position is however. Deep, I meaning the Ravens have to take one in round 1 or 2 for a receiver to be talented enough to make a difference year one, as many have done this year, the start of a trend.

Tight ends, rarely go in the first, but the Ravens should be able to get an agile, athletic, large catch radious big handed tight end in the 3rd at the latest, maybe the early fourth but doubful.

The question is, we see they need one of each, but do they? So far, in their history, the answer is no, with the exception of Heap and he who shall not be named from Fla, the super star from training camps past.

I see Oz drafting a CB/FS with the first pick. Too many glaring problems in the secondary to not address that first. If a mid first WR/TE prospect falls to us in the mid 20's then go ahead and take. I just don't see that happening.

I would rather chase an athletically gifted but somewhat raw at the position TE in the later rounds. Graham was a 3rd round pick and had only played 1 year of football after converting from basketball. Antonio Gates was undrafted basketball convert. The guy Cleveland has was an athletic monster that didn't play much college ball. We can take a risk on someone like that because we have Pitta/Daniels/Crock.

The Ravens say this injury had nothing to do with the first one and has no indication of it happening again. I find that hard to believe from a common sense stand point that the second injury was a pure coincidence. A normal man doesn't fall untouched like that and dislocate and fracture his hip. I wonder what they aren't telling us here or what type of liability waiver Pitta will have to sign...