ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Video analysis of the final int

52isUnstoppable

Even if Torrey catches a TD there Brady has 1:40 to get in FG range. With the way our secondary was playing he probably gets a TD. Sure Torrey could have made a play on the ball but it was a poor decision from a time management stand point. Everything was working on offense, especially the run game and intermediate passing game. We should have continued to dink and dunk down the field.

Agree 150% on TCleetz comment. Its totally inexplicable how the coaches opted to "go for it" with a 2nd and 5 and a buck, 40 seconds on the clock.

At the very worst, we had 3 downs to get 5 measly yards for a 1st down. When you consider the success of the running game (Forsett was averaging 5 yds/carry),

we totally squandered an opportunity to get in the red zone/score a TD with less than a minute (probably 30 seconds).

Like most of you, I won't ever understand the thought process that led to this ill advised pass and season/playoff ending INT. Likewise, I wont ever understanding Torrey's light hearted effort in such a critical juncture of the game.

His effort completely defied the energy, passion and sense of urgency shown by the team in this final playoff run. Love to have that 1:40 over again.

Agree 150% on TCleetz comment. Its totally inexplicable how the coaches opted to "go for it" with a 2nd and 5 and a buck, 40 seconds on the clock.

At the very worst, we had 3 downs to get 5 measly yards for a 1st down. When you consider the success of the running game (Forsett was averaging 5 yds/carry),

we totally squandered an opportunity to get in the red zone/score a TD with less than a minute (probably 30 seconds).

Like most of you, I won't ever understand the thought process that led to this ill advised pass and season/playoff ending INT. Likewise, I wont ever understanding Torrey's light hearted effort in such a critical juncture of the game.

His effort completely defied the energy, passion and sense of urgency shown by the team in this final playoff run. Love to have that 1:40 over again.

See, I disagree on the premise here. You're saying give up $1m now for a chance at $1m one the course of however many other plays.

If the points were there, you take them.

I am also not sure that the play was designed to be a big one, but you can't keep every one short. Torrey went deep not because we wanted to go there, but as a part of a play designed to get as many guys open as possible. Joe made the decision to go to Torrey, in error, not thinking the safety was there (or could get there).

I don't blame the play call - even if it were designed to score, I would not blame it. Joe made a bad read.

I'm done with this play. Apparently it alone decided this game, which I can't get on board with.

Well, as a fan to another fan, I respectfully disagree. We completely abandoned our strength (and what the Pats had not stopped) and became one dimensional at the absolutely worst time of the game.

In short, I submit this team did not ultimately put its best foot forward at the end. That's all I got.

I don't entirely disagree. I just can't get on board with the "don't score now" movement.

If points are there, you take them. If that Torrey play had a 100% chance of working, what is so you give the O to score the remainder of the drive if they don't take those points? It certainly wouldn't be 100%. Obviously that play and no play is 100%, but I'm just not convinced as everyone else that we would have so easily be in the end zone in five plays... There were obviously several points in the last few series where we stalled, including near the goal line

Good point. I'm under no illusion that a TD was walk in the park. You are right - as we staled on previous drives. But by "abandoning" the run, we became one dimensional, predictable and much easier to defend for Doctor Bellicheat.

Plus, notwithstanding your point about scoring when its there, the "quick" score still gives Brady and Co an eternity to score. They would have only needed a FG to tie - send to OT. With Brady "waiting in the wings" , the team must have given some consideration to the clock.

You are right. Its over, its a shame and I'm movin on. Maybe this missed opp has the same effect as the previous AFCC game and we build on this game.

I have absolutely no problem with the play selection. It's not unusual to try and catch the defense off guard there. My issue was worst case scenario should have been 3rd and 5. I have been on the fence with Torrey all season. He is a maddening player to watch on the field. I'm not on the fence anymore. Time to move on.

Well, as a fan to another fan, I respectfully disagree. We completely abandoned our strength (and what the Pats had not stopped) and became one dimensional at the absolutely worst time of the game.

In short, I submit this team did not ultimately put its best foot forward at the end. That's all I got.

FIRE KUBIAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely no problem with the play selection. It's not unusual to try and catch the defense off guard there. My issue was worst case scenario should have been 3rd and 5. I have been on the fence with Torrey all season. He is a maddening player to watch on the field. I'm not on the fence anymore. Time to move on.

I like the call there. Torrey absolutely torched that cornerback. Its basically a wr vs a safety and joe took the shot. He went for it. I cant get mad at joe for having faith in his wr to make a play or at the very least prevent the opponet from making a play. Even if torrey just gets a hand on it we still have two downs to get five yards and keep the drive going

Good point. I'm under no illusion that a TD was walk in the park. You are right - as we staled on previous drives. But by "abandoning" the run, we became one dimensional, predictable and much easier to defend for Doctor Bellicheat.

Plus, notwithstanding your point about scoring when its there, the "quick" score still gives Brady and Co an eternity to score. They would have only needed a FG to tie - send to OT. With Brady "waiting in the wings" , the team must have given some consideration to the clock.

You are right. Its over, its a shame and I'm movin on. Maybe this missed opp has the same effect as the previous AFCC game and we build on this game.

Side note: I totally agree about abandoning the run in general... Sigh

I like the call there. Torrey absolutely torched that cornerback. Its basically a wr vs a safety and joe took the shot. He went for it. I cant get mad at joe for having faith in his wr to make a play or at the very least prevent the opponet from making a play. Even if torrey just gets a hand on it we still have two downs to get five yards and keep the drive going

Totally agree. Torey needed to step up and make a play. I think any way we could have gotten a TD was justified. It was a slightly off throw by Joe and a weak-ass, half-hearted attempt by Torrey to make a play. Not to bitch on Torrey so much because I like the kid as a high-character, give back to the city kind of guy who can get open deep at least once or twice a game. Trouble is, his only other route is a slant over the middle and I don't think he's tough enough to consistently do that enough and not get hurt.

I don't see where the throw was off at all, even in the video Joe led torrey, for Torrey to just give up like he did puts the blame on Joe, that ball was not that over thrown. And if we can see this I'm sure the coaches see the lack of effort by Torrey also.

Torrey, you have speed and are a good person but I'm sure that was your last pass from Joe.

I don't see where the throw was off at all, even in the video Joe led torrey, for Torrey to just give up like he did puts the blame on Joe, that ball was not that over thrown. And if we can see this I'm sure the coaches see the lack of effort by Torrey also.

Torrey, you have speed and are a good person but I'm sure that was your last pass from Joe.

Well either Joe didn't know the safety was there and it was a bad throw into the safety or he did know and it was a bad throw into the safety.

It's a fine throw if there is no safety. But you could say that about 95% of the picks and defended passes in the game

Torrey could have extended for the play. Reached out, dove, anything to at least get some fingers on the ball. Had he done that, it might have been an incomplete pass. He didn't try and that's what bothers me. Personally, the Pats secondary got into Torrey's head that day. Two personal fouls is not like Torrey Smith. He had a bad game.

Torrey could have extended for the play. Reached out, dove, anything to at least get some fingers on the ball. Had he done that, it might have been an incomplete pass. He didn't try and that's what bothers me. Personally, the Pats secondary got into Torrey's head that day. Two personal fouls is not like Torrey Smith. He had a bad game.

Yep.