ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

As bad as it is........

vmax

As bad as it is, I really want to support this team. :gorave:

Maybe it has something to do with adversity, hitting rock bottom, being a lost cause...all things that I strongly identify with.... :yeah:

Yea...there was a ton of sloppy undisciplined play but the defense was on fire today.

Nobody quit.

Except the fans who started leaving in the 2nd quarter.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. This year's Ravens reminds me of the 2003 Steelers - just a few adjustments and the Steelers had a 15-1 season the next year. The Ravens will get most if not all their star players back next year, and a hunger to prove this year was a fluke.

I'd be more shocked if the Raven didn't challenge for the AFCN title next year.

Have you seen the cap situation for 2016?

Yeah, it doesn't look that bad. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/cap/2016/

They're almost at 5 mill in space as is next year. Restructure Flacco's and Smith's cap alone and the team'll be standing with over 23 M in cap room.

Pitta will save us $600k and while it opens a spot we already have our 3 TEs for next year so that's $600k that can spent elsewhere.

We can't do anything with Suggs unless he takes a pay cut. The cap hit is just too big. Now after next season we save a lot of money. We really need to get a pass rusher in this draft.

Still, it all comes back to Joe and what he gives back to the team. If he refuses to renegotiate we are in deep dodo.

Here's the end result of a season gone south....

BALTIMORE -- If a football team comes back in the fourth quarter and no one is around to see it, does it still count?

The Baltimore Ravens rallied to score the final 13 points in the fourth quarter for a 16-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams in an unusual setting for this area. Only half of the stadium was filled for the final quarter, a scene rarely seen at M&T Bank Stadium.http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/23831/anyone-there-ravens-comeback-came-in-front-of-a-lot-of-empty-seats

Here's the end result of a season gone south....

noticed in game yesterday. Every time a FG was being kicked I was seeing tons of empty seats.

Who cares? Plenty of teams with decent fanbases have empty seats at times. Not only was it obvious before the game that we were in for a long season - the game itself Sunday was terrible. Absolutely horrible to watch.

Who cares? Plenty of teams with decent fanbases have empty seats at times. Not only was it obvious before the game that we were in for a long season - the game itself Sunday was terrible. Absolutely horrible to watch.

Agree, it was very hard on the eyes, very undisciplined team when there is 10 minutes still on the clock before the half and your team has 100 yards in penalties, there's a problem.

Agree, it was very hard on the eyes, very undisciplined team when there is 10 minutes still on the clock before the half and your team has 100 yards in penalties, there's a problem.

Some of those calls were bullshit though. Nothing you can do about that. I actually liked the edge the defence showed in this game. If we had played every game this season like that we would be 7-3 instead of 3-7.

Some of those calls were bullshit though. Nothing you can do about that. I actually liked the edge the defence showed in this game. If we had played every game this season like that we would be 7-3 instead of 3-7.

Agree. The D showed up and made plays. That kept me interested in the game and this team.

I would agree they were bullshit calls, but we are tops in the league in penalties this year. Seems like every game we are approaching double digits on penalties.

And Max, that's maybe where it needs to start - D. The D has lost its swagger and smash mouth identity. Even though we won Sunday, the Rams beat the livin crap out of us - the way we used to.

Not that we don't have gaping holes on the offensive side, but its been embarrassing watching this team get pushed around, esp in the LB and secondary, for the past several years.

Cal me old school, but Id like to see the return of smashmouth D, starting in 2016. And yes, D wins championships !

Constant penalties, legit or not, make for a horrible viewing experience. They need to enforce the rules so I don't know what the solution is - but the NFL product right now is not great. Flags and commercials.

I agree our defense is worse of a problem than our offense right now but if anyone thinks our offense is good enough then I disagree.

The one benefit to me as a fan when the team is not doing well is the affordability to go to these games. Sunday morning at 8am I had no ticket and was just about to start painting my kitchen. My friends calls me and says to get dressed, grab beer and come over he has a free ticket in section 106. Without hesitation I headed over. Within 30 minutes I received a text from my sister and then another friends offering me a free ticket. Never has this happened to me before..

I was supposed to do a group buy with 4 other guys for the steelers game and I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger. I'm just going to hold out hope a free ticket or a $20 ticket will present itself.

The one benefit to me as a fan when the team is not doing well is the affordability to go to these games. Sunday morning at 8am I had no ticket and was just about to start painting my kitchen. My friends calls me and says to get dressed, grab beer and come over he has a free ticket in section 106. Without hesitation I headed over. Within 30 minutes I received a text from my sister and then another friends offering me a free ticket. Never has this happened to me before..

I was supposed to do a group buy with 4 other guys for the steelers game and I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger. I'm just going to hold out hope a free ticket or a $20 ticket will present itself.

I too was offered a free ticket. I didn't go, only because I worked all last weekend and needed to get some stuff done. But I will be honest that I was happy about my decision. I'm probably still going to the Chiefs or Seahawks.

I imagine a lot of people will be going to their first Ravens have in the next few games.

Spen, I am on the verge of bailing on the season - watching, NFL network, Sirius radio, the whole deal. The NFL product has become so compromised this year- officiating, poor play, mediocre teams, etc.

And with the Ravens having an epically horrific season and now Flacco out, I am about done with the team this year.

Unfortunately, I don't see the NFL product getting any better- at least in the short term, maybe never. Its almost going the route of the NBA which is brutal to watch (unless you need a power nap on Xmas day).

Teamwise, I am holding out hope that, given this years epically UNLUCKY year, that somehow, some way, and (maybe the grace of God), this organization turns it around in a year or two..

They did it once before, after BBs meltdown season 8-9 years ago, and won another SB. With the watered down, parity driven league, and a few lucky breaks, maybe we will hoist the Lombardy in the next 3-5 years again,

Constant penalties, legit or not, make for a horrible viewing experience. They need to enforce the rules so I don't know what the solution is - but the NFL product right now is not great. Flags and commercials.

I agree our defense is worse of a problem than our offense right now but if anyone thinks our offense is good enough then I disagree.

Agreed. On that The Ravens are good at finding diamonds in lower rounds IE Willams, McPhee, and AD.