ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Stallworth, broken foot?

Guest BallTMore

Yea...it's official...out 6-8 weeks. I heard he broke it on a passing route cutting and planting.

He's worked real hard to get back and this has to be killing him.

I have no idea who'll get the extra roster spot. Reed, Harper, Williams, Smith...take your pick...it's a crap shoot.

This is definitely a big blow, but it is not season ending. Harbaugh said expects to get Stallworth back around the bye week. Clayton has played very well in the #3 receiver role and has had a good camp, he should be able to hold it down. Stallworth's speed was exciting though, and now we are going to have to wait to see it. The part I don't like is having to rely on D-Will, Marcus Smith, Justin Harper, or David Reed for the fourth and fifth receiver spots.

This is definitely a big blow, but it is not season ending. Harbaugh said expects to get Stallworth back around the bye week. Clayton has played very well in the #3 receiver role and has had a good camp, he should be able to hold it down. Stallworth's speed was exciting though, and now we are going to have to wait to see it. The part I don't like is having to rely on D-Will, Marcus Smith, Justin Harper, or David Reed for the fourth and fifth receiver spots.

I'm with you on that cleetz.

I say use Dickson and Pitta more...with Heap.

That gives Joe a lot of big targets...there will be mismatches on LB's and nickle backs all over the place....and it won't hurt the running game at all.

That gives Joe a lot of big targets...there will be mismatches on LB's and nickle backs all over the place....and it won't hurt the running game at all.

I'm loving what I am seeing out of Dickson and Pitta. They are both very athletic and can run all over the field. Heap looks like he is in Pro Bowl form.

I'm loving what I am seeing out of Dickson and Pitta. They are both very athletic and can run all over the field. Heap looks like he is in Pro Bowl form.

That hurts a lot simply because now Clayton must take over Punt Return AND 3rd WR duties, so if he goes down, we could have some trouble. However, if he can stay healthy, we have the depth to definitely make it 8 weeks without Stallworth, who was great to have this offseason pushing Clayton to do better things.

I am absolutely in agreement with you, Max. Use Dickson and Pitta with Clayton and we'll be alright. Then we can look forward to having Donte back for a late season run.

That hurts a lot simply because now Clayton must take over Punt Return AND 3rd WR duties, so if he goes down, we could have some trouble. However, if he can stay healthy, we have the depth to definitely make it 8 weeks without Stallworth, who was great to have this offseason pushing Clayton to do better things.

I actually liked Zibby a lot on the PRs last night. He has that effortless, Ed Reed-like stride. He gets up field and has soft cuts that make defenders miss. David Reed also can return punts for us too.

Clayton on PR/KR is the worst thing I have ever heard. He is terrible in the open field, He cannot break tackles, he is indecisive and he avoids contact at all cost. NO NO NO. Rather have zbi anyday.

just pulled up the stats, he has returned 5 punts in his career for 25 yards total....ewww. They should have never cut BJ sams. I knew that was a stupid move years ago.

Update...

Stallworth isn’t waiting, as he tweeted that a procedure to insert a screw into his foot was scheduled for Monday, August 30, via his official Twitter account (D_Stallworth18).

Harbaugh confirmed that Stallworth’s injury occurred when he was running a route as a receiver, not returning a punt. “He was running a nine-route, a streak-route, he said he made a move outside to get around the corner, planted on his foot and he just felt it pop,” Ravens Coach John Harbaugh said. “He wasn’t sure how serious it was, but he suspected it.”

Harbaugh said that Stallworth, who owns four catches for 73 yards in three preseason contests, played one more snap to test the injury before being pulled from the game.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/08/30/stallworth-says-surgery-on-monday/

The Ravens will have him for the final stretch run...and the playoffs.