ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Free Agency and the Ravens

GrubberRaven

Jefferson should be a good signing, young, talented, needs to improve in coverage. But he can tackle, has good instincts, blitzes well. Wonder who will be the strong \ free safety, he or Weddle.

Not sure about the Woodhead signing. He has been a good 3rd down back, but injuries worry me. He is not a home run hitter, not the guy who can take one to the house as Ozzie said this team needed. I guess he is a replacement for Uschek,

Exactly. i'm sure the Ravens try to be pro active in signing players before their final year. In general, nobody's dumb enough to do that in this sick FA market.

The agents know the market...the supply and demand. Why sign an extension with a decent pay increase when they can wait a year and get sick money?

And that's what Wager got. Probably 40% more than he's worth. I thought he was a good pass protector and average or below run blocker. I read somewhere he was rated the 9th best RT last year....and

now he gets #1 money.

Where have they shown that proactivity? Please point to a time other than about a decade ago.