ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Happy with Win BUT

vmax

The Ravens are not ready to go to Pittsburgh and come back with a win.

Great game for Joe, Heap, Bouldin...nice to see the running game get on track...

Cundiff had a great day IMO. Lot's of hang time on those deep kick offs took Cribbs out of the game.

But...

144 yards for Hillis!?!! 6.5 ypc!?!

The crowd wasn't in the game for long stretches as the D could not get off the field. In fact, during the last Ravens scoring drive the crowd was getting ready to 'Boo'....it was starting...a low murmer and Flacco to Heap saved the day on 3rd and 8 opr 9....if Joe doesn't convert on that 3rd down play the fans were ready to let the O hear it. Of course minutes later as Bouldin hauls in his 3rd TD catch everybody's happy...loving Joe ect. :) Then the fans woke up and yelled their ass's off for the D.

56373947.jpg

Guest BallTMore

We have a fickle fanbase. If we can't complain, we aren't happy.

I heard people blaming Joe for Birk's false start. Also booing him and mumbling for Bulger when he threw incomplete to Rice. He threw how many incompletions today? 8?

It was ridiculous.

Next week the team that doesn't shoot itself in the foot will win. I'm not feeling too good after some of the BS we saw today.

Maybe we can bring back Boller. I hear Banks and Wright and Stewart are still available.

Yea and bring back some of Billick's favorite plays like send the receiver out 5 yards on 3rd and 8. Or my all time favorite....send the RB out to the flat...look at him...look some more..defense sees this and immediately runs toward the RB...wait...throw ball to RB at last second before the corner and safety cream him. Oh that's a 3rd and 9 play too.

I am with you guys...the fans are so ridiculous and everyone is an expert from their seats. We are so lucky with this team. We are always competitive and there is a Super Bowl chance every year. This week everyone is bitching about the defense being soft. HELLO 17 pts the last time I checked isn't much. It is just simply ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

What did he do?

Joe short hopped him on an out pattern, Mason caught it on 1 hop, and immediately tossed the ball over his head, the ref hit him with a 5 yard "delay of game penalty"..And the look on Masons face was one of disgust. Harbs immediately pulled him out of the game.

Joe short hopped him on an out pattern, Mason caught it on 1 hop, and immediately tossed the ball over his head, the ref hit him with a 5 yard "delay of game penalty"..And the look on Masons face was one of disgust. Harbs immediately pulled him out of the game.

Do you think D Mase still hosts his radio show this week ? Just kidding

This team certainly has me worried. The offense is still not yet in sync, as Housh and Mason haven't found their niches (I expected them to be dominating the 2nd and 3rd CB's and rack up the catches). Also, the defense was great the first two games, but simply was pushed around in Cleveland, hopefully Mount Cody can help shore up the run defense as he works himself into game shape. I'm scared we are going to lose to a Rothhaldfhsxx-less Shitsburgh team this week.

Guest BallTMore

Mason is one of the last things for anyone to worry about right now.

We can't complain about Joe this week, so we had to find a new villain. Mason it is!

The Steeler's defense is legit, as expected. They'll be tough to score on all year, so the Ravens offense has it's work cut out for it.

On the other side of the ball, the one thing I can't stand is the slobbering over Charlie Batch. I didn't see the whole game, so maybe I'm off base, but the two TD passes they keep showing on TV doesn't exactly make me scared. They were underthrown and lucky to be caught. Unless he was trying to bounce the ball of the defenders hand.

We can't complain about Joe this week, so we had to find a new villain. Mason it is!

The Steeler's defense is legit, as expected. They'll be tough to score on all year, so the Ravens offense has it's work cut out for it.

On the other side of the ball, the one thing I can't stand is the slobbering over Charlie Batch. I didn't see the whole game, so maybe I'm off base, but the two TD passes they keep showing on TV doesn't exactly make me scared. They were underthrown and lucky to be caught. Unless he was trying to bounce the ball of the defenders hand.

If it wasnt for those 2 miracle passes, Batch wouldnt have had 100 yards passing, he "should" of had 4 INT's..

Habs didnt' take him out. Mason pointed and asked to be taken out. It was stupid but doesn't mean an issue is starting.

I think the Jet's and Cinny's D was legit too.

Even though we have the #23 rushing defense.

Our 23 in rushing D, is still our strongest tool.

Before the season our weakest point was CB (and it migth still be), and QBs average pass for 4,8 yards against us, when Flacco has that number people wants Bulger to play!

Our CB has not been tested, and it migth still be the case when we meet Brady.

Edit: Harbaugh: 'I would love for our opponents to think we can’t stop the run. Opponents, Ravens can’t stop the run. Just run it at us.'

Not sure that would happend any day soon.

Even though we have the #23 rushing defense.

The run defense is the least of our worries. Like Harbaugh said, I dare teams to try and run on us after last week. This front seven has a lot of pride and talent, they are going to rebound in a strong way. We are going to get Big Cody in there and him and Ngata are going to clog things up.