ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

At the Moment....Contenders!

vmax

Power Rankings are out.

Ravens-Coach-Invites-Fan-Mo-Gaba-To-Anno "Ravens on the rise!" :gorave:

6. Baltimore Ravens (5-2)

Week 7 ranking: 9

Recalibrated expectation: Contend for an AFC title

The Ravens have a stranglehold on the AFC North with a 2½-game lead over the Browns and the Steelers. Baltimore also has the look of a team that can make noise in the postseason, especially after beating the Seahawks on the road. Lamar Jackson is the ultimate equalizer because of his ability to scramble and make tacklers look foolish in the open field. The biggest question mark is the defense, which has been inconsistent and has a tendency to give up big plays. The Ravens are right there with the Patriots as the class of the AFC. -.....6. Baltimore Ravens (5-2)

6. Baltimore Ravens (5-2)Week 7 ranking: 9Recalibrated expectation: Contend for an AFC titleThe Ravens have a stranglehold on the AFC North with a 2½-game lead over the Browns and the Steelers. Baltimore also has the look of a team that can make noise in the postseason, especially after beating the Seahawks on the road. Lamar Jackson is the ultimate equalizer because of his ability to scramble and make tacklers look foolish in the open field. The biggest question mark is the defense, which has been inconsistent and has a tendency to give up big plays. The Ravens are right there with the Patriots as the class of the AFC. -

10202019_gallery1_172405-1020x848.jpg

RANK

RAVENS (5-2)

Previous rank: No. 17

It's time to come up with a proper nickname for Lamar Jackson, who is doing things on a football field that no one else can -- and it's happening on a weekly basis. Lamargic? The LaMarvelous One? Let's workshop it. On Sunday against the Seahawks, Jackson took a snap on fourth-and-2 from the Seattle 8-yard line, danced to his right, then shot through an opening like an evolutionary Michael Vick for the crucial go-ahead touchdown. Moments earlier, Ravens coach John Harbaugh called his field-goal unit back to the sideline and opened the door for his very special young quarterback to do something very special. "Do you want to go for that?" Harbaugh asked his QB. "Hell yeah, coach, let's go for it!" Jackson quickly replied. "Let's go." Jackson has transformed into a star in his second pro season, and the Ravens are one of the most dangerous teams in the AFC because of it............http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068483/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-8-vikings-hit-top-five-bears-tumble

We are not doing anything unsavory to get people to read and post here.

We have guidelines...and morals...and consciences. [even spell checked]

ravens-cheerleaders%20-.jpg

team logo
Ravens The defense was back against the Seahawks. That's been their calling card for years and it enabled them to win a big road game........https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-8-power-rankings-packers-climb-behind-aaron-rodgers-cowboys-and-vikings-also-move-up/

6. Ravens (16): Didn't take long for shrewd Marcus Peters trade to pay off. We'll find out in Week 9 if Baltimore has built a defense that can combat Patriots....

BSTNFRPTBRV.jpg?v=1522877059

Edited by vmax

• 2 weeks later...

:bow:

AFC North champs

1. Baltimore Ravens (24 votes: Baldinger, Battista, Bergman, Bhanpuri, Blair, Brandt, Carr, Casserly, Cersosimo, Chadiha, Filice, Gbajabiamila, Hall, Hanzus, McGinest, Parr, Patra, Rank, Reece, Robinson, Rosenthal, Smith, Tomlinson, Trotter)
2. Cleveland Browns (2 votes: Jones, Thomas)................http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001071283/article/2019-nfl-playoff-predictions-cowboys-to-win-nfc-east-bills-in

:gorave:

This team is not a super bowl winning team. In fact, there may be only 1 or two, perhaps 3 teams that are really good, good enough to win it all.

In past years, there was a clear delineation between the true super bowl contenders, 3 or 4 in each conference, but this year, as the season goes on, if you watch each undefeated, one loss team, you can see they have holes, large holes in their games.

NE- can't run the ball, despite the numbers, can't stop the run either.

GB- suspect secondary, prone to big plays, can't run consistently, nor stop the run effectively.

NO, their offensive line is playing well, but they give up a lot of pressures. Their defense is also prone to big plays.

KC, can't stop the run, no defensive depth makes them peone to tiring out in the secondary.

Sanfran- really? Their offense is terrible, their qb has almost as many picks as touchdown passes. Their defense can be run on and they too lack depth.

The Colts, solid yet not spectacular, not dominate, good line play on both sides of the ball, but they can struggle to run and stop the run...

Sound familiar? Just like the Ravens, right? Lack depth, prone to big plays on defense, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

So, why not us? 

TSY - Spot on !  Call it NFL parity, mediocrity, or whatever.  There really are no dominant teams sans maybe New England - even they as you pointed out have flaws.

We have a bunch of above average teams -- Saints, 49ers, Pack - and host of slightly above average teams - us, Texans, Bills.

Everyone else is average or below average.  Again, a lot of mediocrity.

In my mind,  the above average and slightly above average teams will make the playoffs and duke it out.

Come January, we will be assessing each playoff team, like you said, by the number or fewness of flaws.

And the teams with the fewest flaws will meet for the SB in Miami.

How do we stack ?  Agree with your assessment and believe we could make the playoffs and make a run or fall flat on our faces.

We have an incredibly difficult schedule on the back half, starting Sunday.    

FWIW- we cant sleep on the Steelers or Browns.    Regardless of how they've played or their records, look at their schedules.

Aside from playing us, both teams have a "little sisters of the poor" remaining schedule and should end up around 9-7 or 10-6. Just saying, cant sleep on either team.             

There are nine games - over the half the season - left to be played.  We are about 6 weeks away from talking playoffs.  Whoops ! Did I say the P word ? !                

Special, playoff contender aside, its a fun and intriguing team to be sure.   

The back half of the schedule is like murderers row.   Big challenge w games against SF, LA and Texans.    

I don't have a clue how they'll do.   As pointed out, staying healthy is critical.  

Regardless, it should be an interesting, fun playoff run.        

2 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Special, playoff contender aside, its a fun and intriguing team to be sure.   

The back half of the schedule is like murderers row.   Big challenge w games against SF, LA and Texans.    

I don't have a clue how they'll do.   As pointed out, staying healthy is critical.  

Regardless, it should be an interesting, fun playoff run.        

Shit....the Ravens just went through the hardest part in their last 2 games. :gorave:

19 hours ago, Spen said:

Say what you want about this team, but they are not boring. 6-2 puts them in a great position for the second half.

When was the last time the Ravens were at the midway point in the season with a lead on everybody?

Almost never.

At this point of the season, usually they are playing catch up.\

As for boring....as a Ravens fan I can't believe this is happening. I'm so used to watching offenses that burn my eyes and hurt my brain.

17 hours ago, vmax said:

Shit....the Ravens just went through the hardest part in their last 2 games. :gorave:

Tough indeed, but everyone is pumping the 9ers and Texans.  Jimmy G and DeShaun Watson.  Those (along with LA) are going to be damn tough games.  Oh, and we got the Steelers and Browns in there, too.   Every Sunday we play a professional team - Bengals this Sunday, Jets next month.  If we sleep on any team, any Sunday, well, you know the deal.  See the Cowboys at Jets 2 weeks ago.   Any body, any team, any Sunday.   

Speaking of Sunday, we play the Bengals and rookie QB Ryan Finley starting his first game at Cincy.  Our D needs to approach and suffocate Finley like they did Brady - no less. 

If something special is going on, we need to bring a special D and whoop arse on this rookie QB right out of the gates.      

Lets see how we build on this huge win.  Time to bring another special effort to this Sunday !      

7 hours ago, vmax said:

When was the last time the Ravens were at the midway point in the season with a lead on everybody?

Almost never.

At this point of the season, usually they are playing catch up.\

As for boring....as a Ravens fan I can't believe this is happening. I'm so used to watching offenses that burn my eyes and hurt my brain.

I tell you...I was damned tired of watching the plodding offense we had before. Now, anything can happen on any play and the results so far have been great for us..

Hard to believe this team has changed so much in one year.

I guess Roman and Wink will be head coaches elsewhere next year...good for them but sad for us. Maybe Bisciotti will make them an offer they can't refuse like he did with DaCosta.

• Upvote 1