ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens at Bengals predictions and yapping

vmax

The offense is red-hot and they pummeled a hapless Bengal team. It suddenly seems that Lamar can beat any team with his arm or legs. All-Pro candidate for sure.

The defense...well the rush defense has had better days but the secondary, for the most part, played very well.

It was a textbook example of a real football slaughter.

Hard to believe that the defense only gave up 13 pts when you look at some of the stats: rushing, time of posession. But then we see they recorded a few sacks, forced two turnovers and returned them for touchdowns.

I like to dive into numbers, we could, & we could pull this defense apart. Poor rush lanes, no fill linebackers, no gap control, no edge setting.

But they won & only gave up 13 pts, stopped numerous short 4th down plays and while they resembled the defense of last year, earlier this season, they came up big once again, just like they did against Russle Wilson and Tom Brady.

Some rust to shake off for Smith, some learning I guess for Carr playing safety. But the middle has to be secured; d line, backers. A really big test comes this week.

Loving the 7-2, so much fun to watch.

Nice solid, convincing W against a god awful team.  Didn't realize Cincy was so bad.  Their only real weapon is Mixon, 

Lamar is amazing, a generational player for sure.  His passion and leadership are off the charts.

My only possible concern is whether/how long he can keep this up at such a high level.

In the meantime, its damn fun and enjoyable to watch.  Its better than any video game !    

7 hours ago, varaven45 said:

My only possible concern is whether/how long he can keep this up at such a high level.

In the meantime, its damn fun and enjoyable to watch.  Its better than any video game !    

Nothing lasts. The 2000 D was one season. Jamal's incredible 2003 rushing season was a moment in football history. The 2012 playoff run....

And that's why we pay attention.

All of us know something special is happening. :gorave:

And that's why all of us are enjoying the moment and these times.

And yes....I can handle 10 more years of this. :fishin:

Yup I worry about him too doing this in the future but for right now I'm in his corner all the way. He has no fear and does things no Raven has ever been capable of doing. No more snoozing when the offense is on the field.

The defense is inconsistent. It's our Achilles heal. They have to upgrade a player or two there for next season. We need a better pass rush and another guy to complement what Pierce does. When he's not on the field the whole defensive line disappears.